Uber Should Make This Game...

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by Aretha, March 27, 2015.

1. Aretha

Aretha New Member

Recently I came across this video (sorry looks kinda ugly):

I played Halo Wars when it came out and it was a lot of fun for a console RTS. So I thought, "Dude! The guys at Uber are just the people to make this game! I mean, Halo Wars 1 had two units that were literally called 'Uber Units'! They practically told us who should make the sequel!"
    Seriously, Uber is overqualified to develop Halo Wars 2. I am so serious you guys. This needs to happen.
    >:| (serious face)

P.S. If you do make this game, plzzzzz give my commander r3c0n armer1!!!eleven1!!!1!!!onemilliononehundredeleventhousandonehundredeleven1!!!1!!!one!!11!!
    jamesw100 likes this.
  2. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

No thank you.
    stuart98 likes this.
  3. xankar

xankar Post Master General

More trouble than it's worth for Uber and for everyone else looking forward to what they'll make next.
    And like Plaktum said: No thank you.
  4. Aretha

Aretha New Member

Really? Halo Wars was that bad? So bad that Uber couldn't make a good game out of it if they were hired to do it?
    jamesw100 likes this.
  5. jamesw100

jamesw100 Member

Not super excited about playing an RTS with a controller, but Uber could get lots of money from this deal and hire a bigger team.
  6. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

Halo doesn't interest me at all.
  7. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Halo wars was my first RTS and inspired some of my partcile effects in mods.

Of course they should make it, but the question is if enough people are willing to buy it?!
  8. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Personal interest aside, if there was interest for something, and someone was interested in contracting them or using their engine as a platform for it, then they should totally work on something like this if offered. It is good just to have the extra projects.
  9. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Halo as in Microsoft? I wasn't here at the time, but I think there was some drama in the MNC era which killed any possibility of reasonable deals between them.
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Well, no. They just stopped developing MNC on Console. Microsoft comissioning them to do Halo Wars would get updates as a first class citizen as it is a Microsoft brand.

I was there and I remember the problem clearly. They limit how many updates a game can get really back then. Except, Call of Duty Black Ops came out needing a 2g patch fix on release day. That breaks 3 rules, but since it is a AAA game and Sony was definitely fast-tracking the patch, so microsoft did as well. That same month, MNC Spunky Cola Special update which was the first free MNC content expansion, was submitted to them and sat waiting for Microsoft to take a look at it and approve it, all the while the fans were hyped the entire month with the answer "any moment now". A month isn't a moment, microsoft took forever on that one...