[REL] Grenadiers effect mod (18-03-2015) [79380]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Alpha2546, March 18, 2015.

1. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

The grenadiers effect mod gives the grenadier a cooler effect. Can be downloaded on PAMM now

If you're interested in how I made this then you can watch this recorded stream
    http://www.twitch.tv/alpha2546/b/638147029

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

Last edited: March 18, 2015
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

This is near perfect. The only problem I see is that the sound of the grenadier shooting is much louder than the sound of the shell explosion. The shell explosion should be louder.
    But Uber should absolutely just steal this from you.

EDIT:
    /SE/Impacts/missile_artillery_long_holkins

is louder, sounds much better to me

love it
    Last edited: March 18, 2015
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  3. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

the awsome projectiles mod already enhances the grenadier and many many more...
  4. Alpha2546

I totally agree with you. I'll put it in :) . Thanks for the complement and input @cola_colin ! BTW I think Ben would probably make something a bit more awesome :p .

Sure and if you want that then I recommend downloading that however if you would like a non teamcoloured grenadier effect and keep the game looking like vanilla then you should get this :) .
    MrTBSC likes this.
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

sounds like the audio is being clipped/doesn't fully play out. sound rather **** IMO.

though I can only agree louder is better.
    Planktum likes this.
  6. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Extremely good work. I really like it, hope uber steals it:p
  7. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I was thinking about making this better by adding a 'comet burning in atmosphere' effect to the tip of the bullet like it's very hot and burning the particles around it....

I'll see if I can do it when I have time, unless you want to before :)
    [​IMG]
  8. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i have a couple ideas to share and don't know how far you can implement this into the mod ... and also hope to not sound like a glutton or something ...

so what i would like to see is both the dox and the slammer guns be changed into lasers like in the trailer

for the leveler i would say let it have more of a rail- or gaussguneffect to showcase its hardhitting cappabilities .. what do you think?

gonna check the mod in the evening as i was quite busy over the week ...
    Last edited: March 21, 2015
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  9. Alpha2546

I noticed the clipping of the sound too. I think I have another sound that might not clip that bad. We'll see

My first thoughts would be that it could be too much however as long as I haven't seen it I can't judge it. Added you as a collaborator.

Hmm I made a lasereffect before but it was too GPU intensive too be actually be used. Any idea what kind of colour the lasers should be (red I think?). I might ask @killerkiwijuice to import some laser texture (if he can) into pa. That would be a non performance hungry solution for lasering and pewpew.
  10. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Laser texture? Can't you just use a dot particle?

And the awesome projectiles mod already makes the laser-ish tpye effect from the trailer.
  11. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i thought of a orange/darkorange type of beam ... which the rcbm´s scoutvehicle had ...
  12. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

So much better than the awesome projectiles mod. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

P.s. I hate the dox laser effect in Awesome projectile mode. The other effercts are "okay" but they're nothing compared to this mod though.
  13. Alpha2546

Well yeah I could use the dot particle and recolour it but it would be more neater in my opinion if I didn't needed to send extra data to the gpu about colour and position. I'm not sure yet though.

Hmm do you have an example?

Wow thank you for the compliment. No offense to @stuart98 's work but I do think some effects are kinda funky looking. Maybe its the teamcolouring or not. I don't know. We'll see what I'll change in the future!
  14. Planktum

My new strategy is just mass grenadiers so that I can watch these sweet projectiles :)
    stuart98 and Alpha2546 like this.
  15. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I make my mods for myself, the only real way to make them satisfactorily because you can't really know what others want accurately but you can know what you want. Not everyone wants team colored projectiles, which is perfectly fine with me and it's great that now modders like Alpha are getting those people covered. Any mods being made is good and more mods can only bring more people into PAMM and get more exposure. In short more mods=good for everyone. Carry on. :)
    MrTBSC and Alpha2546 like this.
  16. Alpha2546

[​IMG]
    MrTBSC, stuart98 and Planktum like this.
  17. Planktum

I think you should work on the Dox and Bolo projectiles next. You should also keep the mods separate so that people can pick and choose which ones they like. By keeping them separate you would get a better feel for what people like (less downloads, less likeeeey).

P.s.s. Still waiting on the different tail lengths... :)
  18. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

so subquotes are still killing baby elephants....
  19. Planktum

@Alpha2546 Did you find the other audio file that doesn't clip?
  20. Alpha2546

I tried it but I couldn't hear it properly. Its a really really really soft sounding sound. Gonna keep the one cola suggested in even if it clips. It still sounds better.