B8factor and Gameg1rl Commentated Replays

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by b8factor, January 7, 2015.

1. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

Don't go too overboard! :) If you spend a lot of effort on making lots of effects and wiz-bang edits, you're gonna set expectations high for everyone, including yourselves for future videos. Maybe consider making an opening video-logo or title screen introducing yourselves, that you could reuse later?
    gameg1rl likes this.
  2. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

You are a wise man! That is exactly what I do.... well what I like to do is experiment with new effects and use them along with other hobbies, LIKE making PA videos, but I often go overboard and the effects take up too much time interfering with delivering the content on a timely manner. Lol

I am a software developer, a maker, and a creator… it is SOOo easy for me to get lost down the rabbit hole chasing ideas… as my wife @gameg1rl can contest to. So what I am saying is “I get what you are saying!”

-B8
  3. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

We all know you're making excusing. You're afraid that your butt gets kicked by @corgiarmy and me [​IMG]

When we gonna do some teamgames or ffa's :p?
    Corgiarmy, gameg1rl and b8factor like this.
  4. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

It is coming! We are almost done with the Homeworld universe.

I Picked up a couple copies( including the 100.00 collectors copy) and @gameg1rl and I have been digesting the campaigns of the Homeworld 1 and 2 remastered. I also found an old copy of an obscure expansion that I had to pay a ridiculously amount of money for on amazon… the game assets were lost to the world some time ago, just random copies floating around.

It is hard for me to play more than one game, per genera, at a time! You would think with no “FPS” in my mix I could balance two RTS games but nooo… I get way to INTO the game to do that. I am meticulous about story, execution, and absorbing all there is to absorb. That includes all the art, cut scenes, unit abilities, hotkey usage, game UI, etc….

Homeworld is fulfilling something for me I had been missing in PA. As much as I enjoy Multi Player I really love a good Campaign as well. I have hopes of producing a nice campaign for PA one day when the MOD tools are at their height!

I have been feeling an internal tug to get back to PA, but I like to finish what I start at the same time… loose ends are no good in my world!

-B8
    Corgiarmy, gameg1rl and Alpha2546 like this.
  5. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Haha no problem hahaa I understand the completing the game thingy. I kinda miss you two and the ffa's hehe. Sounds like a pretty serious homeworld addiction btw! Cya soon then!
    b8factor and gameg1rl like this.
  6. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

Its been about three weeks and the nightmares of red tanks and black (sometimes blue) bombers are finally starting to fade away. But I miss those FFAs and team games. Hope you two are enjoying your Homeworld vacation and will return soon.

Alpha and I are up for the challenge!

EDIT: B8, Gamergirl, Alpha and Corgi as a team in a 4v4 could be fun!
    Last edited: March 22, 2015
    gameg1rl, b8factor and Alpha2546 like this.