Hotfix build 79600 is live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, March 12, 2015.

1. Wrekriem

Wrekriem New Member

Just played my first game after the patch (2v2) and this was happening to both my friend and I, was kinda infuriating when managing lots of armies and expecting raider to attack.. then not.

Really weird and offputting, the game feels buggy all around after the most recent patch.
  2. laurentgdh

laurentgdh New Member

Holding shift and scrolling the mouse wheel to zoom in/out sometimes causes crash (OSX). I cannot wait for the next hotfix release, I need my PA fix! :)
  3. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Well another problem with units and buildings is that when you have your units start shooting a building, they will keep shooting it even though another unit comes into range and can be threatening, its the most annoying with attack moves and units will get themselves jumbled up and getting themselves killed without dishing out/re-targeting enemy units. there are very few cases where i would want the unit to auto-attack the buildings then the units (and even in those cases im specifically selecting them to attack that building)
    Zaphys and Planktum like this.
  4. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

I've been complaining about this stupid attack move behaviour for a long time now!
  5. user123abc

user123abc New Member

Chiming in to say that Linux UI freezes persist. Clean install from the direct download, running with --nomods.

Still seems to be randomly triggered by mousing through a fabber build menu.

The plus side is that I'm learning the hotkeys now.
  6. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Do you see anything in the PA logs when that happens? (They're in ~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/log).
    How about when you start PA from the terminal. (I'm also on Linux, but don't have any UI freezes, then again, I use --software-ui).
  7. netnazgul

netnazgul New Member

definitely that. Was queueing up lots of orbital factories, umbrellas and pgens and then realized those bastards only built one OF and were standing still with no queue for them.
    Also sometimes there are pathing issues, like when fabber built something and stands behind it without moving to the next queued site.
  8. user123abc

user123abc New Member

I haven't checked the logs, but, like I said, nothing unusual came up in the terminal at the default log verbosity. I do run with --software-ui. I've been a little bad with properly tracing this since every time it happens I'm in a rush to get back in game. Luckily, load times are great on Linux.

It's interesting that you don't suffer from it. What's your system like?

Also, I can confirm it's not just fabbers but factories too. Any build menu.
  9. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Debug follows the surface of the planet.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  10. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

Another thing that might be a bug, sometimes when I place something for fabbers of commander to build, while heading to the spot, they will get caught on the building in front of them and get stuck. I don't know but this might be a path-finding bug.
  11. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Berg doesn't have a number of players listing.
  12. user123abc

user123abc New Member

Bug report for the Linux freeze is here:

PA#4360
  13. user123abc

user123abc New Member

Also, replay and spectator mode bugs from the save-load patch are still present on Linux. Not sure if the hotfix was supposed to cover them.

Eco totals are usually but not always stuck in post-game chronocam, and selecting a player doesn't limit vision as it should. Viewing a replay shows vision from neither player, so it's just an empty planet for 10 minutes.
  14. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

just had a 10 man FFA with dynamic alliances and the alliances just didn't work at all.
  15. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

ffs why does air unit splash damage commanders...

I deleted a blob of 1000 fighters assisting my commander to reduce lag and it also destroyed my commander. Not cool... nor fun.
    Last edited: March 20, 2015
  16. earth75

earth75 Member

I think Death weapons should not activate when deleting your units. Also I thought that the air death weapons only affected air units and were meant to prevent comm snipe... and actually it causes comm self-snipe lol
  17. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

That's just *awesome* please can I have the lobby ID.... also we need someone to cast this as a 'blooper' for the video contest ;)
    stuart98, DeathByDenim and Alpha2546 like this.
  18. killerkiwijuice

Sigh... here

http://pastats.com/chart?gameId=302363

or lobby ID if you don't know how to get it from pa stats

I tried to reduce the lag, it was running at ~4FPS and deleting 1000 air units most likely would have brought it up to ~9 FPS. But nNOOOOOOOOOOPE
    cdrkf likes this.
  19. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

At 37:23
    kiwi.png
    Exploding fighters just before they take out the comm. Awesome! :)
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  20. killerkiwijuice

Lol they even took out the mex around it

unfortunately i can't load the replay due to connection to server lost issues