Hotfix build 79600 is live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, March 12, 2015.

1. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

This would be awesome but sadly most likely would never occur. Here is a quote:
    for context this was before the layoffs. So...;):(
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

On Pacific one of the starting islands has three metal spots while the other has four (credit to mot9001 for spotting this).
  3. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

This was also before Playfab became a separate platform, targeted towards more than just Uberent managed games. It's not like such a component would be integrated to tightly with the core of PA either way, nor makes it sense to build it with Coherent, as it is supposed to survive crashes of both these systems.

Who knows, maybe some day someone will finally implement a proper bugtracking system for all types of standalone GUI applications as a service.
  4. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

@elodea I think this is what happened, the fabbers were getting stuck on unbuildable metal extractors.
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Twice I've seen it where the eco modifiers were not updating properly in the lobby. I called it out that the host had say 2.0 and everybody else had 1.0. Then I see it go 1.9, 2.0 (down, up) so I think it's just a client sync issue.
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

the first thing the new patch did was greet me with a hard coherent crash of live_game directly after switching over to the game. Restarting and reconnecting worked and I had a lot of mods enabled, though obviously no mod should crash coherent completely.
  7. jables

jables Uber Employee

updated OP
    Hotfix Build 79380

-Replays are once again functioning (though replays created from the previous build will not work as they are corrupted)
    -Fix to issues with auto attack
    -Orbital Fabber restrictions can no longer be bypassed
    Last edited: March 16, 2015
  8. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

A question. Can a player access saves from another player? I'd hope that to be "feature" more than "restrictive" if possible.
  9. jables

jables Uber Employee

I believe currently it's tied to user name in some instances, but not all. I have passed my saves to engineers and they can load them, but not sure if they have to do anything fancy to do so. We are still working on this, but feel free to try it out with a friend to see if it works.
  10. netnazgul

netnazgul New Member

Sorry if it was mentioned already, but having issues with planet patrol option. When Planet patrol is issued, game sim freezes for 2-3 seconds, at least in vs-AI game. (build 79317)

Upd: 79380 didn't address the issue. Also, I was generous to say 2-3 seconds. It freezes for ~15 seconds on medium-sized planets. I can still select units and issue orders, but sim doesn't respond, then slowly starts working as if time dilation is at max, then goes back to normal
  11. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

Ever since the latest stable build I've been getting random slowdowns which last maybe 20 seconds and then go away. Also, it appears that using the alt fire button for the commander cancels any other commands he has been given. I told him to attack the enemy commander and so he chases him and fires at him. I tell him to use his uber cannon and he does but then stops chasing and stands still. I am also having an issue with planet patrol. Sometimes I select a group of units, not always the same type, and the patrol drag command does nothing. It doesn't even highlight the planet in green.
  12. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Nuke whole planet area attack doesn't work any more (unless it got ninja-fixed in the hotfix). What happens is you select a point on the planet and drag it so that it becomes global and release it and then all the nukes will fall down on the opposite side of the planet roughly 170-180 degrees from the point you have selected (if oyu look at it form a polar coordinate standpoint with centre being the middle of the planet).
  13. netnazgul

netnazgul New Member

Upd2: PA causes "Out of memory" windows error; PA.exe eats 2GB RAM. Also, some time after this Coherent_UI error popped up and I've lost any ability to control the game
  14. cola_colin

how much memory do you have? 2GB isn't that unusual depending on the map size.
  15. netnazgul

netnazgul New Member

I didn't check how much it ate when the message showed up, just checked after it. I have 8GB onboard.
    Anyway it seems Planet patrol tries to create gzillion route points :p It wasn't there when I last played the game several months ago...
  16. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

@jables, I was thinking about comments that many bugs weren't highlighted soon enough during the PTE which is why there have been rather a few bugs discovered after the push to stable and it got me thinking...

A large part of the issue is that it's difficult to get games going on PTE (last I tried I ended up playing against AI as no one was about). Something I think that Brad did really well was drumming up interest for the PTE by streaming a few games on the Uber twitch channel and inviting people in here and the Steam forums to join him. I'm wondering if it might be worth trying something similar in the future?
  17. cola_colin

tbh I think most of the issues listed earlier were spotted and written in the PTE thread.
    cdrkf likes this.
  18. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I think the main issue was just the sheer volume of issues introduced by the save/load feature, and the finite resources at Uber, things just slipped through the cracks.

That being said, I'm all for seeing more uber dev streams on the PTE
    mered4 and cdrkf like this.
  19. netnazgul

netnazgul New Member

OK, another update on [beta]-testing :p
    When issuing planet patrol, server.exe spikes ~100MB ram up (from ~800 to 900 for me on medium map). PA.exe ran at 1.9GB, also a dozen of coherentUI_hosts. When unit that was issued to patrol is stopped, server.exe goes those 100MB down again.
    Also after some minutes of play and another "PA.exe eats lots of memory" message display (both displays) went black and I wasn't able to do anything but restart PC, applications though ran normally judging by the sound.

All in all looks like some critical bugs skipped into release-build.
  20. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I've did some detailed testing here and there. Hope its useful

• The shooting of units is weird. A units never stops as soon as its in shooting range. They'll go in a little closer then what actually is needed. See video below

• You guard a fabricator with two spinners and some tanks. The problem is that if you click on assist the fabber, they'll stray behind it which makes the fabricator still vulnerable. If you select them all then they'll stay in formation however the fabber wil go out the formation as soon as you qued up a mex. Something elegant needs to be found on this cause it takes lots of micro to guard that fabber. See the video below to be more clear

• Your fabricator is building a metal extractor but you put it on hold temporarely. The building still degrades over time. I don't agree with this. You're building should not degrade until the moment that you ordered your fabber to build something else.
    • Holding ctrl click when navigating air was so popular because flying with formations was slow and weird. I've noticed that there has been some work done on it (props for that) however the bug still persists (mainly on big planets with a reasonable sized airforce and a move command far away. See video below

• I don't know if this is intended but fighters can shoot landed planes. Ground units however can't shoot landed air units.
    • If air units destroyed a unit they'll hang. See vid below

• I noticed the the playfab servers come to a crawl sometimes in the game. They'll drop down to below 1fps sim speed for like a minute and fire backup to simspeed 10. I noticed this with the last build. Not sure if its still in with the new update
    • Turrets can shoot through your own factory until the the factory is dead. Then it has to shoot the wreckage.

Something radical needs to be done in my opinion with the grenadiers. They feel slow en thus useless. I recommend the @scathis method and give em a good buff in bulletspeed ( I fall asleep when I see the traveltime). I know you want to give them a more specialized role right? But it shouldn't mean that they should suck in unit vs unit battles. As soon as you break through you're pretty much done with grenadiers. I do admit that I haven't used em that much to give a proper opinion about it.

Things that are already known
    • AMD brightness bug. Whatsup with that?
    • cheatmod isn't working
    EDIT
    Orca's tend to miss. Below happened on a 400 radius planet. The smaller the planet the more they miss (probably something to do with the curve of the planet). It also happens on pacific.
    Zaphys, chaser86, stuart98 and 3 others like this.