Hotfix build 79600 is live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, March 12, 2015.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

At the end of a ranked 1v1 match it always says your rank is unknown.
    Quitch likes this.
  2. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Still cant change commanders in GW in Offline mode....
  3. doud

doud Well-Known Member

@jables
    Just curious : from a technical perspective, how does it come things are working as expected in PTE and when pushed to release candidate, new issues araise ? Could it be you've pushed a subset of last PTE and a few changes that would have been required to avoid these issues have not been pushed ? When you speak about "hotfix", are they new hotfixes, or simply coming from PTE ?
  4. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Because the people who played PTE seemed to only focus on balance changes, so some issues went unreported.
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

A large part of the issue is getting games on pte. I tried the other day and no one turned up. Asked in chat, no takers.

In the end I played 2 v 2 with 3 absurd ai's and rather embarrassingly (for someone who's uber #30) got schooled in defending my expansions and lost. That was on the new dessert planet, your AI is getting seriously good on land!
    nlaush likes this.
  6. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I feel like apologizing sorian and the uberteam. Though I only noticed the chronocam stat bug but thought it was a mod screwing it up since it happened sometimes (not always). I did not notice the playfab server issues.

I'll try to test it more like a complete package next time.

Keep up the good work though. Enjoy the weekend :)
  7. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Want that problem solved?

Look at what they did on the game "The Talos Principle". Ingame bug reporting tool is your friend for PTE. Take a screenshot, ask use to mark one or more relevant areas and to write a little text (no headline!). Automatically take and compress memory dump, and log future replay ID as well (if applicable) and then just let the user play on. Possibly even trigger memory dump on the server side, so you don't need to try to replicate, but you can just look at what went wrong.

Right now, bug hunting is rather uncomfortable, as you have to manually take and edit screenshots, all you devs get are vague descriptions but neither something you can reproduce nor any memory dumps, and testing stuff usually interrupts your game flow so much, that you don't feel like reporting "minor" bugs at all.

PS: Not saying that you guys should implement that yourself. That would be more likely the task of the Playfab team (and a valuable feature for the Playfab platform!)
    Last edited: March 14, 2015
    lokiCML, nlaush and Remy561 like this.
  8. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I like this, you should give these summaries more often to show you aknowledge the reported bugs ;)

This would be great!! This way they simply have all information available when a bug is reported. Much better than screenshotting and pausing or trying to remember what happened to write it here on the forums.

Might even be made to work with the bugtracker website! And could show if and which mods were enabled so mod bugreports can be filtered out ;)
  9. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

I am really liking the new update, and the new walls! but, sadly the Leviathan is having model problems. I cannot see it, when I am supposed to, I see its model on top of others when I zoom out a certain distance, or the turret is stuck to the commander. People say that if you have an HD 3000 then it would not work, I have a HD 4000. Help!
  10. elodea

elodea Post Master General

It's great that things are getting fixed so there's really not much point to this post. But just to be clear, issues 1, 3, 4, 6 were either known or reported. Especially issue number 3 with attack targeting bugs which is a serious one.

Issues 5 and 9 could not have been picked up from bugtesting pte, and i think it's a bit much to assume that the small ammount of people who took the effor to test pte should also go so far as to test different OS compatibility issues.
    Remy561 and mered4 like this.
  11. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

The ones you mentioned weren't even an issue in the last PTE build, but it happens.

For those of you fussing over all the bugs:

The game is in Be- oh wait.
    Regardless, please remember the developers are not perfect. They are wizards, but they are not perfect wizards.
  12. elodea

elodea Post Master General

more bugs

-holkins and gunboats can attack commander underwater, but frigates can't.
    - zykey couldn't rebuild mex, but i dont know what exactly happened there. Maybe he can explain more.
    Zaphys and Quitch like this.
  13. wolfie88

wolfie88 New Member

Despite the bugs mentioned above the game is becoming better and better. After updating I had a blast with latest game with battles on sea. I also like the new stuff that is added. Thx for the continuous support for this game. :)
    Zaphys, Remy561, dmorchard and 2 others like this.
  14. KnavishPlum

Ya! The game is getting so good, its my favorite RTS now! I just love the way it plays and the cartoonish graphics style.
    Remy561 and warrenkc like this.
  15. valentinmetz

valentinmetz New Member

I think we should be able to walk though walls.
  16. KnavishPlum

You mean the units and stuff?
  17. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

It would certainly help cut down on the micro required to play the early game, though it would be a serious nerf to defensive lines.
  18. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Bug:

If a fabber is building a metal extractor and the fabber dies by an enemy unit, the metal extractor will die to atrophy rate and become unbuildable once decayed.
    Remy561, ArchieBuld and frostsatir like this.
  19. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

+1. Just got this bug today.Really strange s**t.
  20. KnavishPlum

umm. sometimes when I start an Ai game, the game is unresponsive. help!!