Planet radius less than 1000?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by nubeees, March 14, 2015.

1. nubeees

nubeees New Member

When I first spawn in a planet in the editor, it has a radius of 250, but as soon as I change an option such as mass or (duh) radius, it instantly becomes 1000.
    I'm sure many of you already know of this. My question is, is there any way around this? Does this thread belong in the mod section?
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

can you adjust the mass before? Mass doesn't really affect the game anyway.
  3. nubeees

nubeees New Member

Yeah, mass only affects how you can place planets in the editor as far as I can tell...
    But, mass has no effect on radius. And radius is the thing that's bothering me.
  4. nateious

nateious Active Member

I have this problem also, it seems that the planet minimum radius is automatically set to the minimum radius of the largest planet you have in the system. So if you have a gas giant, you can't make your planets smaller than 1000.

It's kinda inconsistent, sometimes I can set my planets smaller if they are not orbiting the gas giant, sometimes I can't. Sometimes I can adjust the size smaller than 1000, but if I go back and edit the planet again, it jumps to 1000.
    tatsujb likes this.
  5. nubeees

nubeees New Member

Can systems be tweaked outside of PA? I mean, for an example with Notepad++
    I'm asking because I know many games do keep their systems and such in a format which is editable from outside the game.
    Sorry for vague wording, I'm slightly tired right now
  6. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Mass effects the size of a planet smash's effects. A large planet running into a much smaller planet of equal mass for example will have them both disappear.
  7. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

As discussed on chat you can export a system, edit the json and then import again.
  8. nubeees

nubeees New Member

I've just started messing with that.
    Monstrosities resulted.
  9. lafncow

lafncow Active Member

I've just started having the same problem as well. I create a gas giant, then try to add a moon. The moon will initially be set for 250, but if I touch any slider, say height range, it jumps to 1000 and will not be set below. If I type in 250, it just resets to 1000. :(
    tatsujb likes this.
  10. allister

allister Active Member

The problem usually clears up if you save your system and exit the system editor, then start it back up
  11. GalacticVoyager

GalacticVoyager New Member

I too had the same problem, Hopefully this topic will help me out!
  12. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

I assumed this was from messing with the Hidden Biomes mod; I quit the system editor and restarted, seemed to clear that away
  13. guest1

guest1 Active Member

[plug]
    If you're having this issue, you can still set the radius however you want with DirectEdit.
    [/plug]
  14. nubeees

nubeees New Member

I've downloaded Floating framework and DirectEdit, how do I actually get the menus to show up? There isn't exactly a tutorial anywhere...
    (Unless I'm being oblivious, which is completely possible)

*Edit
    nevermind, I figured it out. Made a dumb mistake.
    Last edited: March 14, 2015