Hotfix build 79600 is live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, March 12, 2015.

1. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Units are failing to clear their attack targets.

e.g.
    manual attack pgens with destroyers. Pressing stop does not clear the targets and retarget actual units as per previous patches.
    Quitch likes this.
  2. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

Disregard that, wasn't PA issue.
  3. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

I just submitted a change that should fix the weapon issues.
  4. elodea

way to bypass orbital fabber build restriction.

Build stuff with orbital fabber and other fabber selected.
    Quitch, Zaphys and Remy561 like this.
  5. elodea

if you area nuke a planet and then the halley engines on it are activated, the nukes all forget their targets and land in one area.

Interesting that you can't nuke planets that are being thrown.

Still can't suicide commander when he's in an astreus and travelling between planets
    Quitch, Zaphys and Remy561 like this.
  6. user123abc

user123abc New Member

Yeah, this is with --software-ui. Before this patch, it ran flawlessly on Linux.

I'm running with --nomods and coherent debug logging, trying to catch it again. I got it to happen at the start of a game last night, but it seems pretty random. It's definitely not just mousing over the wall icon. Also, I noticed that at default verbosity, the console output didn't mention any errors when it froze up.
    nlaush and cdrkf like this.
  7. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

That last one is a mechanic still built into the game since Alpha. It has been adjusted before, but last time I heard it wasn't a super high priority.
  8. elodea

power toggle bugs and reproductions:

Bug 1) Select bunch of stuff, doesn't matter what, only that you have alot of them. Press toggle energy orders twice.

Bug 2) select all but one unit in your group. toggle energy orders off. Select group. Icon indicates that the group is powered on.

Combination of bug 1 and 2 = bad stuff
    Quitch likes this.
  9. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

I'm getting the distinct feeling i shouldn't play any ranked games in this patch, until hotfixes are out and elodea stops posting in this thread... And my one game in this patch, trying out Amplus, ended up in a crash and inability to reconnect (does that mean a server crash, or does that just happen sometimes?).
  10. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

He's covering a bunch of old bugs. Half of the things he's mentioned aren't new afaik.
  11. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

CHRONO CAM ECONOMY AND VISION IS BROKEN! :(
  12. Zainny

Zainny Active Member

Just adding my experience to this thread....

I haven't played PA for a few months. Was excited by the size of this update so thought I should check the game out again.

On first launch, the game got stuck at the "Connecting to PlayFab" screen and wasn't responding. Had to kill via task manager.

On second launch, I started a local AI skirmish game and just on entering the game I saw the windows crash dialog flash very briefly and then disappear. At that point the game seemed to be basically stuck on the "Choose your landing point" but all the on-screen controls, buttons, etc had disappeared and it was not possible to start the game, exit out, etc. Had to kill via task manager.
  13. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

if it gets stuck on connecting to playfab just press f5
  14. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Also fixed locally.
    elodea, Remy561 and stuart98 like this.
  15. foota

foota New Member

Aw. Interesting. Is there somewhere to read up more about the technical internals? Sounds like they've solved some pretty interesting problems.
  16. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

If you use the mod that enables custom formations, you'll want to disable it for this patch. It causes an instant crash.
  17. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Someone is steamrolling. Just sayin
    [​IMG]
    Remy561, stuart98 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  18. jables

jables Uber Employee

Current known issues new to this build:
    • replays not working
    • orbital fabber can build a few things we don't want it to
    • attack move is not working great
    • playfab save/load
    • playfab server issues (playfab looking at this now)
    • chronocam stat figures after game not working
    • one report of OS X lag
    • Linux UI freeze (even with --software-ui.)
    • Cheat broken
    Looks like we'll have a hotfix on monday to hit a few of these, and the rest soon after. If you want to see a current build with replays, orbital fabber, and attack move fixed, check out pte.
    Last edited: March 14, 2015
    Quitch, cdrkf, Remy561 and 4 others like this.
  19. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

Can something please be done about the Leviathan. People say that if you have a HD 3000 the model will not appear, I have HD 4000 yet it still will not appear, it is really annoying and is why I don't like naval fights and water planets.
  20. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

There are a few notable points, but nothing which would be actually "new" as in "there is no scientific paper about it yet":
    • They are using potential fields for shared movement goals whereby the target may be either a single point or an area
    • Only certain ingame objects are added to the spatial DB
    • The AI uses a neural network with a single hidden layer for the platoon level micromangment (everything above, like build order or platoon composition is controlled by classic rule sets)
    • The chronocam is a separate service which is mounted between the client and the actual simulation process, and is responsible for determining which client may receive which information, and also for replaying past game states on the fly
    • The maps are generated from a single seed using multiple layers of simplex noise (I think, might be some other noise). This determines height and biome distribution directly, for CSG features, including rocks, trees, mountains, chasms, I think a relaxation algorithm is being used.
    • CSG support perspective transformation of brushes along the planets surface
    • Unit behavior (non-AI) is controlled by first order logic
    • Controls have support for area commands which internally yield singe target commands
    • Planets have independent data structures, so each interplanetary unit has to perform an actual context switch
    • Planets are running on rails until Halleys are fired up.
    Have I forgotten something? Yes, probably.

But you can get more information on most of the stuff by stalking the forum posts and private blogs of Uber employees, as well as from the live streams held by some of the employees. Especially @sorian is usually rather revealing with technical details.
    Last edited: March 14, 2015
    Remy561 likes this.