Any update on physical rewards?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by infuscoletum, January 12, 2015.

1. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Oh gawd
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

shhhhhhhhhhhhh let them scurry into your heart....then blow it up.
    stuart98, infuscoletum and emraldis like this.
  3. LeatherNeck2382

LeatherNeck2382 Member

You have got to be joking right? Another couple months? :mad:
    Corbo likes this.
  4. drboggles

drboggles Active Member

All I want Uber.
    The ONLY thing I want Uber.
    1 Thing.

A Boom Bot figurine.

Plz. Plz Uber.

If not, I'll take a Sheller at least :p
  5. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I want an inferno model
    infernos are my favorite unit
  6. Corbo

Corbo New Member

I find this a bit absurd as well.
    • Funded 9/12/2012
    • Estimated completed game 06/2013
    Estimated goods reward? "Shortly after launch"

Now in 2012 they had the basic artwork for the shirts... sometime prior to launch they had boxes with 'limited edition' packages out in retail stores... and yet the backers get put on the back burner. They had my $100+ in 2012! I was so hopeful they'd make good Christmas 2013/2014 and all the backers would have an awesome Uber box under their Christmas tree.

I was a praiser, I bought copies for friends, I got friends to hop on the kickstarter, I played Alpha, Beta, and the launch version. I'm just done with Uber at this point. Especially when they announced a new game and still hadn't fulfilled their previous kickstarter! I would have totally backed that game...

Big fan, horribly disappointed. I can't even play PA anymore because of my disappointment with Uber (and I'm still waiting on multiplayer galactic war...)

I feel one day, my Uber box will get delivered to my address from 2012 and that will be the end of the story...
  7. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

Wow, entitled much?

Kickstarter as a system gives you no real guarantee that the project you're backing will ever produce anything. read up on how many high profile kickstarters bombed out and never delivered (yogscast), a push in the timetable is par for the course at this point (double fine seems to get away with it just fine).

The reason you backed the PA kickstarter was to fund the development of the game, that's what you did, and boom, you have a game. Any extra cash you threw in on the kickstarter may have had little bonuses associated with it, but the primary product was always going to be the development of the game.

You had no guarantee that Uber would actually deliver a game with the money you backed them with, but lo' and behold, not only did Uber deliver a game, but continue to deliver updates as well.

Sorry that some other company that Uber commissioned has taken a long time to finish work on your t-shirt or knick-knack, I know having to wait longer for a paper weight can be life destroying and literally the worst thing to ever happen, please try to call upon the obviously superhuman level of patience required to hold on.
    doud, Nicb1 and stuart98 like this.
  8. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

Can we get an update on physical rewards? Thanks!
  9. jables

jables Uber Employee

We have them all ordered at this point, and are waiting on some of the manufacturing to be finished, as well as everything to be shipped to us, at which point we will get them shipped out to you :)
    nateious, tenaciousc, doud and 3 others like this.
  10. blightedmythos

blightedmythos Active Member

Dang you guys waited nearly 2 years for physical stuff? Sounds pretty scammy to me. :(
  11. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

I don't want to add any unnecessary noise, but thank you for this post :D PA has been a really weird and bumpy road since alpha, and it's been nice to see it recently get a lot closer to what a lot of people would classify as complete than anything.

12. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Sooo...
    ...how about contacting support to ensue that it will be delivered to your right address?

Anyways, I believe that your outcry is reasonable, but not thoughtful.
    1. Uber wanted to do parallel development of Human Resources and Planetary Annihilation to ensue they don´t have to fire devs. HR´s campaign wasn´t successful, so that plan obviously failed.
    2. They got two options regarding the physical rewards:
    -Ship them in time with financial impact and under the risk to hit games quality
    -Ship them with hard delay, but without any harm to the game itself
    3. The "Collectors Edition" you can find in retail stores is something totally different compared to the backer edition!
  13. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Which would be illegal, if it were a scam they wouldn't keep mentioning it themselves.

Heck earlier they even made a little graphic to show what physical bits are done and what arent.

Why must you always assume the company is some evil corporate monster? It's a small indi-dev team.
    pieman2906 and infuscoletum like this.
  14. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

Not to mention, it's voluntary entertainment, so you get to choose if you want to buy the products or not... That's unlike the monopoly the actual evil corporations have, comcast and time warner, for example, where basically going with them is your only option in some places and you can't really just not have internet nowadays.
  15. blightedmythos

I don't know if your question is rhetorical or not. But I'll answer why I feel this way anyway I guess.

For one, the initial $90 price tag on steam just has greedy corporation written all over it. Secondly, waiting 2 years for physical merchandise is ridiculous. I think I waited 6 months for supporting Path of Exile. Lastly, the game has very little graphic polish in the last year due to the art team wasting time on 100+ commander models, so I don't have a lot of faith in their management decisions. I obviously I don't feel like the company is ran well. And honestly, most corporations are pretty evil these days. There are a handful left I like.
  16. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I've already told you WHY the tag was 90, because that was the alpha kickstarter tier! If they made it lower they'd be ripping of backers!

Did you happen to notice when the game was beta it cost what it did for beta tier, and so on?
    pieman2906 likes this.
  17. blightedmythos

I think you are misunderstanding. Just because there is a reason, it doesn't mean I agree with said reasoning. Having a reason for something doesn't validate it as being a good design decision. You can explain the why to me all you like, it doesn't mean I'll magically change my mind and agree with it.

PA was one of the most expensive games to date to end up on Steam. A $90 game left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths. The game should have either had different backing tiers that were cheaper so the backers didn't get their panties all in a bunch when it ended up on steam. Or it shouldn't have ended up on steam until it was ready to be sold for $49-$30 dollars. It's the first time in history I have ever seen a game on steam so expensive. And honestly, when you are kick starting a game, you should do it because you feel passionate about the game and not be upset when it's cheaper later. It's pretty much a given for all games that start on kickstarter.

The biggest issue for it selling for $90 is, there wasn't $90 worth of content. People felt like Uber was legitimately trying to scam people by getting some poor souls to buy a underwhelming product. When you see a $60 game, you normally know it's going to be AAA and have a lot of polish. You'd expect a $90 game to be even more so. The $90 price tag should have been left on kickstarter where it belonged. When I backed PoE for $1000 I didn't do it to make a cool item (an awesome bonus btw). I did it because I felt passionate about the game design and wanted the game to succeed. Did I expect every person at the time who buys the game to pay $1000 too? No. That's faulty reasoning and a poor management decision on Uber's part.
    Last edited: March 13, 2015
    infuscoletum likes this.
  18. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Well, if I remember, I was one of the community that "warned" against steam early access, so I can agree, that was something that should have been handled differently. All in all though, it's still nice to see things more complete, and stuff like physical rewards not forgotten.

I haven't been around here much in something like a year iirc, but I'm getting the impression that the community is still a little volitile?
    cdrkf and blightedmythos like this.
  19. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Besides a surgically discovered feedback that the steam early access was a "ripoff" in opinion and not fact, what evidence is there that steam early access was a "failure" in anything besides opinion and not fact?

And honestly, this game still has the same people with the same archaic impression that the game has these problems, with that list growing ever shorter but them hanging on to "history", but the "community" is definitely not "volitile"... If anything, metacritic and ign is "volitile" over it but that's about it, the community is trucking along.
  20. blightedmythos

Yep, I am definitely happy people are getting their just physical rewards!