Use the In-Game Community Mods - Cross Platform PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Mereth, May 24, 2014.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

You would need an external program either way unless Uber gives us some additional API. The only useful extension I can think of I guess is that pamm could have some way for a UI mod ingame to close PA and open pamm, but for that pamm would need to run a hidden webserver all the time to receive a command from the UI.

Sure in a perfect world we would have the API to make an ingame manager, but we have not.
  2. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

Pamm wrote me today that it want update to 1.0.3 version. After restart i see this massage again "Non-ASCII characters found in c/Users....."..
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That bug was fixed in PA and that error needs to be removed from PAMM. PA used to not load mods when you had non-ascii characters in your username.
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

5. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

Just discovered this, any chance of the Linux version giving a desktop icon?
  6. DeathByDenim

It's supposed to. It's kind of weird actually, the pamm.desktop file contains the correct link to the icon and even manually removing the icon and setting it again won't make the icon appear. Weird. The icon is located at ~/.local/pamm/resources/app/assets/img/pamm.png, but I'm not sure why it won't load. (This is KDE4 btw)
  7. agmukbooks

agmukbooks New Member

so how would i go about installing the mod manager without using the terminal (OSX) the terminal for me does not like launching for some reason and i would like to be able to use the mod manager
  8. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

9. cmaxhat

cmaxhat New Member

When I lunch my PAMM there are only 2 buttons at the bottom "Refresh" & "Exit", where did the start button go?
  10. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Start PA as usual if PAMM can't find it, installed mods will works.
  11. cmaxhat

cmaxhat New Member

Thank you!
  12. cola_colin

It seems that dependencies to uber stock mods do not work correctly. My GeoMapper server mod has a depency to the create unit cheat and I've had multiple people report it doesnt install and complains the cheat mod is missing, even though it shows just fine in server_mods under pamm. Copying the mod from the PA directory to the server_mods fixes the issue.
  13. leloork

leloork New Member

linux download is buggy it sometimes decides do drop the dowload speed to 0 and i have to kill the process someone help pls? stops by downloading Atom Shell...says my Terminal...god damnit why cant
    the developer just fix that ******* bug i paid for it to play it not because i want to download dozens of
    COMMUNITY created mods which are fixing the tons of bugs
    Last edited: March 10, 2015
  14. DeathByDenim

This probably just has to do with your internet connection. You mean you have trouble running the install script, right? Just try again.

If it keeps failing, what happens if you type the following directly?
    Code:
    wget https://github.com/atom/atom-shell/releases/download/v0.21.3/atom-shell-v0.21.3-linux-x64.zip
  15. leloork

leloork New Member

16. leloork

leloork New Member

downloads but with the speed of 3.62kb/s the weird thing is that when im running serveral internet speedtests i have a
    dowload speed of 45 mb/s and im dowloading goat simulator with 5,1 mb/s on steam
  17. DeathByDenim

Weird, it's pulling it directly from GitHub, so it shouldn't be that slow. Oh well, as long as it will get there eventually. :)
  18. cola_colin

I often have seen issues with mod downloads as well.
    Though I didn't check where the mods are coming from, for example my own mods are usually hosted on nanodesu.info

Dunno about some install script on linux though, I am on windows any it has been ages since I installed pamm
  19. leloork

leloork New Member

even weirder is that the terminal is downloading PAMM itself like in an instant...
  20. leloork

leloork New Member

can someone tell me how to fix the block cursor bug without PAMM?