PTE build 79270-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 16, 2015.

1. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Ah, i'm more talking about 1v1s. Punishing someone for mistakes or inefficiencies is much easier there.
  2. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I like having a teammate, so they can do all the difficult **** and I can just build carriers
  3. temeter

I'm just going full wannabe hardcore and 1v1 people to the death. SC2 is still the prime RTS to do just that.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

same :)
    having a ladder that is so active you can get an equal match all day is pretty nice
    zihuatanejo and temeter like this.
  5. temeter

Yep. The matchmaking was pretty damn borked early this year, tho. SC2's MM works good most of the time, but when it fails, it fails hard. The first ~20 Matches the game presented me was against gold/platinum league players, while I should have been bronce or low silver.
    Would have missed alot when i didn't get through that mess and stopped playing.
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I heard a lot of things that are currently in combat fabber unit.json are moving to their buildarm.json so when is this and other changes to syntax coming? Becuase I am waiting on a mod for this to become stable or whatever.
    zx0 likes this.
  7. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

Same here. And I am too lazy to mod it for PTE because unit cheat isn't working.
  8. cola_colin

I think @wondible found it is only a server script issue, a "true" in the right place would probably solve it for your local server.
  9. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

Well, copying entire server-script folder from stable helps...
  10. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I figured Forrest would want to have a deeper look at it, but for quick fixes that true should go in playing_shared, line 347. (I haven't actually tested if that is the only change required)
  11. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

Ok, so here is what works for me:
    Add missing functions (playerMsg_createUnit, etc),
    Code:
    var persistentHandlers = {.......
    and
    Code:
    cleanupOnEntry.push(server.setHandlers(persistentHandlers));
    to landing.js (refer stable).
    Comment out
    Code:
    cleanup.push(server.setHandlers(playerMsg_handlers));
    in landing.js and playing.js.
    I don't know why it work or why it souldn't and it probably breaks something, so might as well copy the entire folder.
  12. cola_colin

using the old js with the new executable has a lot more potential for issues imho
  13. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

This isn't the longest (most pages) PTE thread ever....

But it could be the longest (time).....

:D
  14. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

Since we haven't heard any updates in a while from @jables , @bgolus , @sorian , or @tvinita I imagine there is something big on the way! I imagine once the save-game functionality is pushed to production/stable then they'll move more experimental and exciting changes into the PTE to play with.

Side note for @jables... why can't the balance-changes be kept on a separate branch and merged to production more frequently? It sucks having all the top-tier players only play PTE-exclusively because they prefer the balance there.
    mered4 and planktum like this.
  15. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

I wonder if it also has Unit Cannons on water? :D
  16. blightedmythos

blightedmythos Active Member

Sooo, any new features in the pipeline besides save? Not that I don't think save is a good feature to have for some people, I've just never really seen a need for it. Matches are usually over in 30 minutes anyway. Quicker in GW. I am hoping for something a bit more substantial.
    warrenkc likes this.
  17. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

It is something that a lot of single player users complain about, so it is logical that Uber put it high on the priorities list. It is also great for modding since they can create some kind of campaign with prebuild bases ;) But for most multiplayer users this addition does not add too much next to being able to refine your build orders since you can simply scroll back in chronocam and continue playing from every point.

It is a promised great addition for the engine, but not for all users.
  18. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Uber have been very quiet recently... that usually means they're *up to something interesting* :p
    Remy561 likes this.
  19. temeter

Complete Overhype dwarfing any potentially realistic announcement commencing in 1... 2... 3...
  20. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Or, a bunch of people were at GDC last week.
    Remy561 likes this.