Evil Twins - 1v1 tournament, open to all

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by exodusesports, February 10, 2015.

1. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

HYPE
    Bsport, Belladar and xankar like this.
  2. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

xankar and Zaphys like this.
  3. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I have to withdraw. Not easy to play PA while skiing.

Sorry
  5. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

lol PA > skiing kiwi that's a basic
    squishypon3, cptconundrum and xankar like this.
  6. xankar

xankar Post Master General

He's taking a real life trip to berg
    He's in the second round (which is berg) we'll just say he's doing some reconnaissance
    Fricia and Zaphys like this.
  7. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

LOL
  8. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I was really looking forward to the tourney. Although not enough to skip the last ski day of the year :(
  9. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

And we're live! We're streaming across two channels with casting provided by Sorian, Matiz, OtterFamily and BSport.
  10. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

And it's over. It was a long one, but with a lot of really close games. Thanks to Sorian, Matiz, OtterFamily and BSport for casting, to all the players who took part and for those of you who made the time to watch it live.

For those who weren't aware, Twitch chat was having some issues which meant that while you might have seen your chat appear it wasn't appearing for anyone else. This unfortunately continued until the finals, thus Twitch chat was a little quieter than normal.

VODs will follow shortly.

Be sure to join us for the Evil Twins Finals on the 14th March, 19:00 UTC.

If you watched the livestream we'd appreciate it if you could complete this survey.
    Last edited: March 8, 2015
    tomofleeds, xankar and Zaphys like this.
  11. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

This was one hell of a tournament! I had a great time and my hypemeter couldn't be higher for the coming events!

I just wanted to thank all the Exodus people for a job well done. Keep it up, we can clearly see the huge improvements with time :)
  12. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

This tournament was a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone for coming out and thanks to the Exodus crew for keeping things organized and running smoothly.
  13. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

One bit of feedback, you should announce the winner after the event :)
    jonasmod likes this.
  14. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

One negative I have is that of the 49 players who were registered (thanks to everyone who couldn't make it but ensured they'd withdrawn themselves so we knew) only 30 showed up.

When someone signs up they're provided with a detailed rules breakdown of where to go and when to arrive on our rules page. We send out reminders two days before and two hours before. We also regularly update this forum, Steam, Reddit, Facebook, Google+ and Twitter with this stuff.

It's incredibly frustrating. We had two people working the back-end, one person managing Twitch and four people casting matches. That's seven people who gave up their Saturday (not to mention the evenings spent getting everything ready) to make this work.

We account for some no shows because **** happens, right? But it doesn't happen to 19 out of 49 people.

It was very disappointing and is the reason why you see a lot of invitationals and not many open events.
    cwarner7264, drz1, Zaphys and 2 others like this.
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Was any work lost because you only had to take care of 30 players? 30 players is still not that bad I would say.
  16. matizpl

matizpl Well-Known Member

stuart98 likes this.
  17. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

The winner of the event was announced multiple times on stream, unless I missed your meaning.
    cdrkf likes this.
  18. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I meant it should be added in the thread / on the front page on the exodus tourney page for those that weren't around (I only got to watch the start of the first game as had a family thing going on yesterday evening).
  19. trialq

trialq Post Master General

I'm glad I didn't see any spoilers, and avoided this thread just in case. The 5 hour VOD is up on twitch if you want to catch up: http://www.twitch.tv/teamexodusesports/b/633910390
  20. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

We don't spoil it in threads and news because the VODs go up for those who weren't there.

If you want to see the winner just go to the tournament brackets.
    Last edited: March 8, 2015