Tomorrow's PTE Release - save/load feedback here please

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by forrestthewoods, February 25, 2015.

1. nlaush

nlaush Active Member

Ooooh. Yeah. With portable shields and spaceflight capabilities. But make them experimental units so that they are only used sparingly. . .

heh
  2. doud

doud Well-Known Member

@forrestthewoods @jables
    Hey guys, since Save/Load feature was introduced, T1 arty and T2 mobile Arty are not firing anymore at ennemies when they are within their range of fire. Can repro this at will. See attached screenshots. Something was broken guys.
    Eventually T2 mobile Arty will fire but only while being just close to ennemy. I'm even not using the save/load feature.
    Tell me how i can help further to fix this :)

Attached Files:

wondible likes this.
  3. forrestthewoods

forrestthewoods Uber Alumni

I'm not able to repro this. I'm not sure if it's because it's already been fixed (it's possible!) or I'm doing it wrong. Does it happen 100% of the time or only some of the time? Any particular repro steps? Are you using mods? Are you using any cheats? You do need vision of the target to hit it. From your screenshots I can't tell what is granting vision of the enemy units. They look to be out of range of both your bots and artillery. So it's not clear what's revealing them.

Thanks.
  4. jables

jables Uber Employee

If you have a save with factories losing what you had queued up in them on load (like if you had 10 Doxx being built, save, and on load it's just building the 1 it was on and stops), the easiest way would be a dropbox public link.

Please describe where in the game the factory that loses it's queue is, and what you had it building before the load. Thanks for the help :)
  5. doud

doud Well-Known Member

@forrestthewoods
    Hi,
    I Have disabled all mods. But the issue is still happening 100%. Actually I'm playing a lot on a custom map called ISIS. So i'm used to see T1 arty firing. Especially if you look at PA issue 2, i absolutly see no reason why it would not fire : Check the large red circle => Ennemy units are within the range. And it has always worked this way. Even Units which are not "visible" but for which radars provide vision, they used to get fired by my T1 arty.
    Even when having T2 mobile arty heading to ennemy units, they simply won't fire.

Could it be related to the custom map ?

What would you advise to test ?

by the way i will play the same game with last non-PTE build to show you the difference

Thanks.
    websterx01 likes this.
  6. forrestthewoods

Compare with and without the custom map on PTE. The PAX Prime 2014 system is always a good test bed.

So try ISIS vs Pax Prime on both PTE and stable. The custom map should obviously work but it'd be good to know if that's the issue or not.
    websterx01 likes this.
  7. doud

doud Well-Known Member

@forrestthewoods
    So just to show you the difference with stable, here are screenshots with stable version. I'm so used to play on this map that i can reproduce at will. You can see the difference here.
    In the meantime i will try with PaxPrime with both stable/PTE.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

8. doud

doud Well-Known Member

@forrestthewoods
    Hi Just tried last PTE with Pax Prime 2014. Same issue described as before.
    Will then test with stable release.

Attached Files:

9. forrestthewoods

Got a repro now. Thanks!

Edit: Should be fixed in next PTE.
    Last edited: March 2, 2015
    xankar, ViolentMind, earth75 and 6 others like this.
  10. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Cool ! :)
  11. doud

doud Well-Known Member

@forrestthewoods Last PTE fixes the arty issues. Well done man !!!! tested it and we're back to awesome battles with tons of projectiles :)
    Remy561 likes this.
  12. iacondios

iacondios Active Member

Oh goody I'm glad to see the pelter issue was fixed. +1 Uber for quick turnaround
  13. goofyz3

goofyz3 Active Member

All my buildings where on autobuild. I.n
    All my factories where on autobuild/infinite . I never use the normal function because it takes to much micro to click 48483i3o3o3o3oeoeoeo3o times on 50 faqs on 5 planets lol :).
    So the infinite build stopped working. Also I use infinite build mod because the single build option is useless because you can use control click and normal.

But it's not a game breaker bug. You should try fix other problems first. Pelters not shooting automatically for instance.
  14. jables

jables Uber Employee

I'd be curious if it worked without the mod using the normal infinite build. It may be a case where the mod needs to be updated to work with save/load.
    mayhemster likes this.
  15. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

@jables Why don't you guys just add a proper game setting for us to choose the default behaviour for factories so we don't have to use this mod? I would rather the default be infinite build. Don't mean to be pushy as I'm sure you have plenty on your plate but I'm surprised this feature is still missing.
    tatsujb likes this.
  16. trialq

trialq Post Master General

It could be broken, but can't guess how. The mod sets the selection to continuous mode (with model.selectionBuildStanceContinuous(), the same function used by the UI element), if the selection contains factories, and something in the selection is set to normal. If it's confirmed that the mod is the culprit, I'll try it at the weekend.
  17. wondible

wondible Post Master General

@forrestthewoods I think I found the create-unit issue. When the shared handlers got moved, the evaluation time changed from run-time (game start/state-enter) to load time. The cheat flags aren't available until mods load, which depends on the client starting a game.
    Quitch and cola_colin like this.
  18. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I had a local game this morning where the client crashed. When I rejoined the local server (using a mod) I had no vision, although I could see the economy bar changing.
  19. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

20. iacondios

iacondios Active Member

Launched a PlayFab game, saved twice midgame, won game, clicked ChronoCam.... spectator interface only displays information as of the end of the game. e.g., econ numbers are frozen at end values, and vision is not toggleable. Stuff doesn't adjust when you scroll through time, though the gameplay does proceed as normal.