PTE build 79270-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 16, 2015.

1. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

I prefer to see expensive invisible ability for commander. People should try destroy enemy's economy in late game.Not just search commander.

You can't just increase commander health, because comm rush will be OP tactic on 1vs1 little maps.Comm boxing games not funny for me.
  2. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

not excactly, orbital factories (2700) cost more then 3x an air factory (720), and orbital fabbers can make anchors at (1800), so when/if you see the orbital, your response tends to come AFTER you have spotted the orbital launcher/orbital fabbers, so it ends up forcing players to turtle (umbrellas cost 1800, which never truly helps) and you just cant move out because anchors are so retarded
  3. planktum

planktum Post Master General

Ok yes I forgot about comm rushing. Hmmmmm. Well then maybe keep the commander health the same, but add in the anti-laser sattelite unit (EMP pulse generator or something like that). It won't attack any units, but it can delay or total disrupt the laser. Similar to how the anti-nuke counters nukes. The orbital layer is the hardest part of the game to balance I reckon. You don't want commander snipes being "too easy" but you also don't want planet entrenchment being too easy either. I love commander snipes but they should be complex to pull off. i.e. taking down energy fields first which power the EMP pulse generator and then maybe coming in with a laser satellite snipe.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Pretty large issue with reconnecting, when someone crashes and rejoins they can't see units. 100% repro rate for me.

Uploaded the cause of the crash to help fix that. Something about a panel?

Attached Files:

5. jables

jables Uber Employee

Should be fixed in next PTE.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  6. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Okay this is weird and I'm not sure if this is intended or not.

The Q and E buttons are standard zoom buttons in free camera mode but if you use them in standard view they won't do anything which is good however do the following:
    • Use the set free camera and move around with it. (hotkey for me is ctrl-alt-m
    • Now go back to debug camera (hotkey for me is (ctrl-m)
    • Try using the Q or E button. It still thinks you're in the free camera mode (it zooms in and out) but you're not. You can apparently fix this by pressing crtl-M another time. After that you're completely back in normal camera mode.
    The hotkeys for the camera are standard I think. Is this intentional behaviour?
  7. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Oh, you want to completely break the orbital game. Nevermind. XD

I thought you meant the T2 air factory, which made zero sense in the first place. But T1 factories? wat. Please, I appreciate your ideas, but think for a moment. Air and orbital are two completely different layers. We cannot mix the two. The Phoenix is actually a decent example of not mixing the two but still giving air some interesting utility. It doesn't break the orbital layer, it enhances it.
  8. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Anything that is terrible is worth breaking...I think some old important person said that.
    Anyways, if any feature i want to totally destroy in PA (besides GW) would be orbital...it sucks lol so dammit ill give u mah ideas, and besides, why does air HAVE to be limited to just air? for instance the transports corelate directly with ground, and of course as you mentioned the T2 air fighter....

:mad::mad::mad::mad: !!DEATH TO ORBITAL!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  9. killerkiwijuice

Fabbers can no longer patrol assist areas. Was useful for building multiple nukes at the same time but it's broken now.
    mered4 likes this.
  10. iacondios

iacondios Active Member

Noticed that anchors and SXX's won't automatically aim at airplanes underneath their area of fire. My observations is that something in the save/load PTE caused unit's sighting/identifying/ autotargeting of enemies to go bonkers. Some of them have been fixed (i.e. pelters) but it's a common observation. Don't even need to load a saved game.
  11. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

As previously mentioned, this is fixed locally.
  12. killerkiwijuice

oh sorry

too lazy to read earlier posts ;-;
    Remy561, mjshorty and mered4 like this.
  13. mered4

*gets pitchforks*
    mjshorty likes this.
  14. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

I think the most important thing orbital needs is a better interface, it was already very barebones and impractical before, and it got more complicated with the current changes and improvements.

Maybe PA needs something akin to the sensor map of Homeworld 2. For examples, lets say you actually press space while viewing a planet. The camera automatically zooms out to show the orbital layer, all ground symbols go transparent and control is limited to orbital. Maybe the orbital sphere even has a transparent ~orange background to further contrast orbital from ground. Then ofc with a layer of markings to emphasize the sphere, basically what we have atm, although i'd personally think putting some indicators for latititude/longitude would help orientation a lot. Basically the space version of a attitude indicator along the poven and insanely useful Navball of Kerbal Space Program. Then a few circles showing your vision range (or FoV/HW like cloud in 2D to be fancy), maybe (optional) indicators to show where buildings orbital launchers connect to the sphere or what areas are in rage of ground anti orbital.
    This ofc wouldn't exclude a more classical mode by zooming, which still could be usefull for ground/orbital interaction.

Okay, while that's probably a pointless amount of haphazard ideas, it's kinda what i'd want from an orbital interface in PA: Something i can switch to with the press of a button, instantly get a picture of the orbital situation, being able to give orders in the matter of seconds, and the get back to the ground where the meat of the game lies.
    Orbital being more of an extension of ground battles, instead of a new battlefield, is more than ok to me, but the orbital controls are just too clunky and time consuming for that limited role.
    stuart98 and doud like this.
  15. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

16. Zenotheory

Zenotheory Member

Has anyone reported the System Editor bug? Where if you have a gas giant in the system and try to place a new planet you can't go under the minimum 1000 radius (IE earth, lava, tropical, & moon biomes.) Only way around it at the moment is saving the system then re-opening it to place new planets in the system at there original size 500 radius. Until you click on the gas giant then the bug comes back when you try to resize a planet?
  17. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

It's probably in here: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/editor-bugs-and-issues-the-thread.67628
    If not, please add it.
  18. mered4

cdrkf likes this.
  19. jables

jables Uber Employee

OP updated
    Build 79020-pte - 3/5/15
    Balance:
    Wall
    - Metal Cost increased to 40 from 35
    - Health decreased to 4000 from 5000
    - Atrophy Cooldown decreased to 0.5 from 15.0

Orbital Factory
    - Health decreased to 9,000 from 15,000

Orbital Mining Platform (Jig)
    - Nuke Radius increased to 250 from 230
    - Area Build Separation increased to 100 from 50

Polish/Bugfixes:
    - Fixed issues of Assisting/Repairing failing (most commonly seen from Factories with Patrol not having fabbers it built assist it)
    - Fixed for units under construction by orbital factory moving when factory is being assisted by orbital fabbers
    - Adjustments to how AI prioritizes based on planet resources
    - Fix for rare cases where units would not fire
    - Fix for a few coherent crashes
    - Fix for missing vision on reconnect
    - Beta tag added to Save/Load buttons on the main menu
    Remy561, Zaphys, doud and 4 others like this.
  20. planktum

planktum Post Master General

I'm liking the wall changes. The only other changes I would like to see an increase to the build time for walls and make the wall segments longer (oblong rather than square). I think the build time should be increased to stop people from building walls while in combat, they should be a defensive structure built in advance at strategic areas of the map. I hate it when I see people building walls while being attacked or building them as an offensive structure.

The jig explosion chain reaction is kind of pointless because the area build command can just be modded. People without the mod are at disadvantage. I reckon all jigs should be connected to a control module. You have to build the control module first and it should be quite expensive and if you destroy the control module it causes a chain reaction. Otherwise you can take out the individual jigs by themselves but they won't cause a chain reaction. Something to that effect anyway. This would create a bigger risk reward factor to the Gas Giants.
    Last edited: March 5, 2015