PTE build 79270-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 16, 2015.

1. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Well, the Orbital And Deepspace Radar was one of the central buildings, I ofter even build one before I pushed out the "normal" radar. Now, it´s completely useless---why would you build one anymore? Even more important, why would you KEEP one in the endgame? Umbrellas are now the superior way to go, as they can...
    ...detect orbital units...
    ...shoot orbital units...
    ...and even shoot unit pods!

The OADR at least needs to reveal the location of all orbital units! (as dots, currently it reveals NOTHING!)
  2. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

NO. We will NOT have a unit that gives someone GOD VISION of ANY SORT.

None.

The deepspace radar is still super useful because you can see stuff moving between planets. That's valuable intel, because it can tell you where everyone is without having to worry about sending satellites.
    stuart98 and emraldis like this.
  3. radongog

God Vision?! It´s near to what God vision normal radars supply: Outside their FOV they do reveal unit/ building coordinates. Right now the situation in orbit is simply not GIVING that stuff!

BTW: If Uber get´s a good replacement (like a hubble-like planet-to-planet orbital scout unit or so...) AND find a new role for the OADR I wouldn´t mind this at all...
  4. mered4

Exactly. We should push for the addition of new units, not ask for the broken item to be returned to us.
    emraldis likes this.
  5. jables

jables Uber Employee

When we get a fix in, it will be in the patch notes :) Currently have it on the list, just with other items over it in priority.
    Remy561 likes this.
  6. mered4

Hey, do you guys have a a date for when youwant this patch to go live? I can't remember if you already stated something beyond the initial *end of February sometime*
  7. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

in end february i wait "Random System Generator" a much more.You can leave until better times experiments with slow motion eco and invisible orbitals))
  8. trialq

trialq Post Master General

@mered4

mered4 likes this.
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

a weird situation: I want to play PTE above stable, but I wanted to play the tournament as well probably.

... meh
    mered4 likes this.
  10. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Hopefully it will be soon :D Been wanting to play GW again with the commanders that arent in the armoury XD
  11. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

[​IMG]
    stuart98 and proeleert like this.
  12. cola_colin

because PTE is more fun to play
    mered4 likes this.
  13. trilioth

trilioth Member

Thanks for the info. I will try that when I get a chance.

Edit: I decided to go another route. I use the launcher now for stable and steam for PTE. I could reverse that I guess.

Edit2: Also, it should be noted that going this route allows for you mods to work in both games. I assume that PAMM will launch the steam version, but I haven't checked that. I do know however that I do have my mods no matter which way I launch. I assume that this is because (on windows 7 at least) that PAMM stores it's info in app data and either way to launch grabs that data.
    Last edited: February 25, 2015
  14. mered4

I can't stress this enough. I've hated the rush rush rush gameplay since it began. The PTE (while not much different due to unit costs) is a breath of fresh air.
  15. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

What if...

What if there can be a balance updated before the tournament and then the awesome save/load after?!? Makes sense in my head but i'm not a god-like manager of production [​IMG]
    stuart98 likes this.
  16. cola_colin

Should just play PTE, on maps like the one @tvinita is testing atm: radius 700 with mostly land, some expansion places even, but also some water that connects the spawns, so you cannot ignore navy either.
    Then add a radius 900 planet as well, to prove tvinita is wrong with his current test results that planets of that size lead to turteling and bomber snipes. I doubt they do with the PTE balance, the nerfs to bomber snipes have been pretty hard in it, with the higher spread of bombs as well as the "anti stacked air explosions".
  17. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

So long as PTE doesn't go to stable between the 6th March and 15th March I'm happy either way. 7th/14th March release confirmed!
    stuart98 likes this.
  18. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I bet they are really trying to get it out by the end of the week, but who knows what could happen (sorian AI breaks its bonds...)

Post #1000 :)
    trialq likes this.
  19. radongog

Well, but we have to find a new role for the OADR---currently it´s a roleless building, which is pretty sad, as it´s model is still simply awesome! :D
  20. mered4

I've already said that it is extremely useful from an orbital point of view. You can still do it.