[REL] RNA - Super Uber Awesome 10p FFA System

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by killerkiwijuice, February 21, 2015.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

This is possibly one of the coolest FFA maps, I made it with some real crazy CSG to make sure it never gets boring. It also adds a lot of strategical gameplay since the terrain is so much different.

This map works best with 10 players, mostly because if you play with any less, there will be free large clusters of metal from spawns which will imbalance the game.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    yes i had 200 factories and this was a real match. Lasted 80 minutes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Each spawn has an equal amount of metal and I tried to balance the metal in between spawns. I also tried to balance terrain for each player.

This was made with DirectEdit, thanks @guest1 !

I hope you guys like it, in testing with the AI it was really fun to watch.

@b8factor and @gameg1rl If you're looking for a new map, this might be a fun one to try out!

To install the map, unpack the .zip folder, then go to the system editor and click "import" Select the "rna_-next gen ffa.pas" file and you're good to go!
    UI LOADING TIMES WILL BE LONG. Please be patient while loading the system in the lobby and while changing systems, it will lag the UI until it's loaded!

Attached Files:

Last edited: March 5, 2015
  2. killerkiwijuice

Apparently there are some issues with being able to load this system in multiplayer...

Does anyone else have the same problem?

I was able to load the system fine earlier today but an hour ago it would not load.
  3. killerkiwijuice

Updated to decrease the file size tremendously and minimize the INSANE lag issues when trying to load the system in the lobby.

I also adjusted metal and tweaked a few things.

But still UI LOADING TIMES WILL BE LONG! Please be patient.
  4. killerkiwijuice

Updated again. Reduced file size by removing some CSGs which reduced the number of lines in the .pas file to 45593; a 3,000 decrease.

I also fixed some pathing issues and made the giant plateau thingy path-able.

Still, it's going to lag the UI a lot. Although it should be less than the last time.

PS. Sorry for quad post, this will likely be the last one.
  5. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Sweet, I will try this asap!
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  6. zihuatanejo

Tried this just now @killerkiwijuice - it plays well but I think the moon has way too much metal on it. I think it would be better if you were forced to destroy a commander near you in order to expand on the main planet, and have the moon only as a superweapon (requiring you to still control a section of the RNA planet in order to build halleys). Perhaps a few metal spots on the moon, as a reward for getting there.

It seems quite balanced though, with interesting terrain :) I'll play it a few more times no doubt!
  7. killerkiwijuice

waaaaaaat?

The moon has no metal on it in my version.

But thanks for the feedback :)
  8. zihuatanejo

You're welcome. Did you recently change it to no metal..? I downloaded the map from this thread!
  9. killerkiwijuice

Well I think it's always had no metal, not sure why yours has metal. And of course it's always able to be changed yourself to personalize it in the system editor :)
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  10. killerkiwijuice

Looks like you're right. Somehow the system derped and used the metal from the RNA planet. lol

Fixed.
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  11. zihuatanejo

Cool, I'll try it again :)
  12. killerkiwijuice

Fixed the ******* bugged metal. I swear something breaks everytime I try to fix something else. Murphy's law i guess.