PTE build 79270-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 16, 2015.

1. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Lets get off this derail. Frankly @mered4 and @MrTBSC would both be much easier to interact with here if they made an effort to be less aggressive and condescending in their posts. You guys both regularly make decent points but your delivery is frankly awful and unneeded. Just chill a bit and treat others with respect, we all like the game and have valid viewpoints about it.

I'm not sure about @sorian's strat bomber idea but something needs to be changed about both gunships and t2 bombers in my opinion.
  2. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

Well that's certainly an improvement! Wall spam incoming!

Now we need gates. ;)
    shotforce13 and Remy561 like this.
  3. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

No, I don't think we will need these. But since friendly shots are passing right through, it would only make sense if entire units could just walk through as well.
  4. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

Uber, well done on the new UI, really appreciate it. The only thing that would make it better is IF I CAN ACTUALLY CLICK IT. Yes I know my display resolution is a bit out of date, but I am pretty sure a lot of other people use 720p displays too. And I can assure you that I can click on screen elements if it was scaled down to 1600*900 or 1920*1080.
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/scaling-down-the-ui.67992/[​IMG]
  5. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

I really think if this was implemented, make it a t2 buildable wall, and make it cost more metal so it is more strategic and less spamy
  6. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

I was more or less joking. Maybe I used the wrong emoticon :p

I don't think gates would fit. (no pun intended) I honestly don't want more structures in this game, especially defensive.
  7. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

to be entirely frank you are not a rolemodel for that either
    better yet how bout planenary battlezone ;)
    Last edited: February 21, 2015
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

That depends heavily on what exactly you imagine by mech warrior. To play first person "I am sitting in a cockpit" mechwarrior we would need better camera control API and better APIs to control units (shoot that weapon now at that specific location, move ahead now, etc)
  9. MrTBSC

third person would be a start ... the biggest problem though would be to adjust the ui so you have a fair overview for accessing/controling your units in that perspective ...
  10. cola_colin

Well I am thinking of the mechwarrior parts where you play one mech, Not multiple ones.
  11. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Bravo, way to be a total jerk to someone making a friendly suggestion you stop being a total jerk. Guess i'll put you back on my ignore list since you don't feel like actually contributing anything here.
    FSN1977 and mered4 like this.
  12. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

It took me five minutes to figure how planenary battlezone was jerk ish
    jamesw100 likes this.
  13. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Folks, please leave the personal differences behind, while at the same time being a little less condescending in your posts - it makes for a much friendlier and welcoming conversation and discussion.
    FSN1977, pieman2906, drz1 and 4 others like this.
  14. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

#ONEPASS
    ArchieBuld and philoscience like this.
  15. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I'D LOVE TO SEE THIS <3

Maybe with some kind of rainbow raceish map where there are two spawns and that only battle units can leave the spawn area by simply setting the factory waypoint at the other's base (pathfinding testing to the max). Now build turrents to defend yourself with some air fabbers and see whose units get through the maze first ^^
  16. cola_colin

the absolute minimum to see this would be a way to make the AI send units straight down a predetermined path somehow.
  17. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I'd like to see the current hornet replaced with a wide AoE, relatively low damage napalm bomb

Enough damage so that most t1 units and t2 bots get fried in seconds (except infernos I think, they should survive by a bit at least) but t2 vehicles can shrug off a couple hits.
    Also a t2 flak bot would make me happy, kinda related to this.

For the simple reason of it would look badass and we might get another fire/tree pun thread going...
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  18. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

That is the kind of bomber included in my comm boxing mod and it's so much better.
  19. JWest

JWest Active Member

Love the design of the new system generator, having multiple options all at once is great. I think it could benefit from a "generate" button - right now it's not that intuitive to generate a new set of systems if you want to see more options. You have to check and uncheck the boxes for it to generate a new set, as far as I can tell.

Also, about the new systems - I'm getting a lot of water. Mostly water, actually. It's been great, since I've been wanting to familiarize my self with naval more (I haven't played in a while), and the new ship effects and sounds are really making things on the seas pretty epic. But I haven't been getting many land battles in. Lots of water on the random planets.
    ViolentMind likes this.
  20. MrTBSC

at the same time you take away the only longrange airoption in current existense ... so much for diversaty ..
    Last edited: February 21, 2015