PTE build 79270-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 16, 2015.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Just finished testing Levellers against literally everything that wasn't naval.

I would use them if Shellers weren't the best thing since sliced bread, or if Sniper bots couldn't kite them till the end of time. But yeah, other than that? Awesome!
  2. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

I thought kestel can't shoot air.
  3. MadGreyOne

MadGreyOne Member

Anti-air, as in the stuff on the ground shooting at your air :)

On the commander/economy changes, I'd like to see what it looks like with the commander storage not starting completely full. I think this could give interesting options for initial build orders, as you would no longer be forced into "what will use the most metal/energy as fast as possible without stalling or I'll fall behind in economy"

Just a thought.
  4. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Pllleeease! Could all of you just stop bashing Kestrels?!
    They are awesome units, the generalists in PA. They can be used for literally everything: Offense in big areas, in small areas, against bases with high amount of AA, with Low amount of AA, defense of your own base, defense of an outskirt place. Their is simply no other such flexible unit.
    Bumblebees got the big letdown that they have to reload, fly in ellipses and are squishy. Hornets are slow, squishy and have long reloading times. Kestrels don´t have any of these weaknesses, they can fire all the time and do even resist Tier II AA quite well!

Anyways, I do agree on the point other posts mentioned: That Kestrel AI has to become more intelligent (focus down AA FIRST!), although that´s no big problem at all!

I simply do fear that these cost-changes will make Kestrels too cheap, resulting in massive overuse and therefor revealing how stong they actually are!

BTW: You believe that they are the air version of slammers---but what´s wrong with something like that?! They are playing different CAUSE they are in the air!

Edit: Regarding the other changes I can simply say that they look nice! Do continue doing PTE this way!
  5. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

I'm confused with these new walls... so your units can shoot through them, enemies can't. But grenadiers can shoot over them with the latest changes yes or no?

Also these force field walls... I feel like we are swapping T2 and T1 slowly technology wise. :p
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The point of the grenadiers is they can shoot over enemy walls. They can already shoot through allied walls as can all the units.
  7. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I don't feel like this has quite been picked up on enough.
  8. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Code:
    pa/units/land/tank_laser_adv/tank_laser_adv.json
    @@ -45,7 +45,7 @@
        }
      },
      "guard_layer": "WL_LandHorizontal",
    -  "max_health": 1000,
    +  "max_health": 1500,
      "mesh_bounds": [
    @@ -60,7 +60,7 @@
        "acceleration": 100,
        "brake": 100,
        "move_speed": 10,
    -    "turn_speed": 90,
    +    "turn_speed": 60,
        "type": "land-small"
      },
      "physics": {

killerkiwijuice likes this.
  9. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

for ground aa snipe use hornets ...
  10. liltbrockie

liltbrockie Active Member

Yes of course they can
  11. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

How about grenadiers
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

In this PTE: yes
  13. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say that the last few pte's have been SUPER fun and some really nice effects/changes. @sorian the AI is really getting to be fun/evil, love the changes.
    ArchieBuld and Remy561 like this.
  14. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

I agree. I'm totally at a loss as to all but like 4 people failed to notice it (only one posted, the others liked the post).

It's KIND OF A BIG DEAL people.
    devoh, mered4, drz1 and 1 other person like this.
  15. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I noticed it. Furthermore, they mentioned it on facebook when they addressed physical goods shipment. To my comment specifically. Made me feel special, getting direct communication to the devs lol. Anyway. I didn't make hubbub about it, because it makes them and me look like an *** if we mention late February and then it's not. But, it looks like it may hit the target.
  16. jables

jables Uber Employee

To note: this is first pass on single player save load. We'll be getting it to PTE as soon as it's at a stage to be played with.
  17. Tripod27

Tripod27 Active Member

I don't find it to be a big deal... Like at all

I mean sure its great because apparently some people need that for something, but I've never needed to save and turn off the computer mid-match
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Correctly implemented the chronocam saves will be a very powerful tool for planning build orders as well.
    radongog, ace63, devoh and 1 other person like this.
  19. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I can also envisage it being a way to create and share scenarios / challenges for people. I mean imagine building a small turtle base on a massive planet and letting a couple of Absurd AI do their things for 20 mins. Then hand it out to the community with the simple challenge of 'find a way to win before you get nuked'... :p
    ViolentMind, Bgrmystr2 and devoh like this.
  20. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

The AI is really getting the hang of Orbital gameplay, nice job @sorian
    devoh likes this.