PTE build 79270-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 16, 2015.

1. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

we have like 6 antiorbitaloptions already so why of all things does it have to be air ?
  2. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

T2 bombers would just be spammed on planet wide patrol to stop any orbital invasion. The same could be done with bluehawks I guess but they move a lot slower and you would probably need a lot more.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  3. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I'd just like to point out that I've lost every unit to my name except my comm, a handful of fighters, and twenty bombers, then pulled off last second bomber snipes on decent players (I also did this twice in two separate tourneys.)

It takes twenty booms to kill a comm w/out Ubercannon. That's hardly any metal - so I'd say there is very little buildup to a snipe, especially involving tanks. Hell, four infernos kill a commander SUPER fast if you sneak up on him.
  4. mered4

Spam for the sake of spam is pointless. Let's find a solution that won't frustrate folks.
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Bluehawks are half as cheap, so technically you COULD do that with them with twice the effect. Also, bluehawks stop drop pods.
  6. mered4

Hey! It's that thing we've been saying collectively for six months now! Glad someone finally noticed we may have hit the nail on the head.....again.
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Just lost several hours of work due to all CSGs disappearing from 6 different planets in a system I was making.

The supposed fix where you edit the .pas file is of no use. The CSGs aren't saved in the file at all.

Thanks Uber. I keep trying to make interesting maps and thinking it'll work this time, but the only thing Uber does with the buggy editor is remove features.
  8. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I love how every single update is bringing the game closer to Statera.

(And no, this isn't advertisement, Statera isn't even on PAMM anymore).
    Remy561 likes this.
  9. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

From testing the experimental maps, I really think the Galata turret should switch roles with the Flak cannon. Obviously the flak would need to be nerfed and galata buffed, but T1 air spam is so dominant that it's the only strategy viable on large maps.

Flak's AOE would help this T1 spam, i mean you never see T2 spam, right? That's why the roles should be switched imo.

Massive swarms of air is ONLY countered by more air spam. And no, don't say "well land counters land"
    Last edited: February 18, 2015
  10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I always thought that tbh. But it also makes sense to have a t2 counter at t1. so getting t2 isnt a magic win key. Honestly, the only problem, is that fighters are great, who needs a t2 counter when you have fighters? A bulk flak AA is more needed.
    Eh, thats why it isn't. I guess honestly it is left well enough alone. At least we do have what we do have.
  11. sius

sius New Member

Sadly I didn't catch the name of the system or lobby ID - All I can say was it was a random 3 body system with a earth biome(?), a lava planet and a gas giant. The Lava planet that I jumped to was a single hally, and should have been the only thing that would have moved but as it was AI I was testing with and I had the lava planet down tight it wasn't likely he'd suicide in such spectacular way lest had the chance, so it must have been natural.

I will keep my eyes peeled if it happens again.

nlaush likes this.
  12. Planktum

This is what I hate about walls!!!
    They are too cheap and way too quick and easy to build. How stupid it is to be able to put up walls while in the middle of a battle. Screenshot 2015-02-19 13.13.56.jpg
    mjshorty and Tripod27 like this.
  13. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Is it in your recent replays?
  14. nlaush

nlaush Active Member

Played that exact system recently. Almost had a run in several times over the course of a game. Local server though so no replay.
  15. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

grenadiers .... i see non in your composition
  16. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

I really never see anyone do this, I feel that the walls take to long to build in the middle of battle.

On a side note, what is Commander Kidnapping?
  17. Planktum

This wasn't my game.
  18. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

I really hope it means to kidnap an enemy Comm with a friendly astreaus. You could do it in TA and early versions of PA, but it got removed as it was very powerful at the time.
  19. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

totally useless now with commander AA weapon, even if it was possible.
  20. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I don't think it's stupid at all. Lots of military forces use temporary reinforcements and bunkers to fortify a contested position. It also adds some strategic depth to engagements. Walls must be quick and easy or they won't be used at all.
    pieman2906, kayonsmit101 and emraldis like this.