Recent Crashing

Discussion in 'Support!' started by evan6565, February 16, 2015.

1. evan6565

evan6565 New Member

The first Log was of a game I played naval, but I have been crashing quite frequently on several different occasions, not just naval game, and it had no mods.

The second was on a fresh install of the game, and no mods, I was not building anything just walking my com around using my mouse button 5 key rapidly tapping it. I didn't build anything with my Com, and i did not fire anything, nor did the AI, and it crashed in 4 minutes instead of 10 because of the rapid mouse 5 key tapping. I feel as if it may have something to do with that.

Attached Files:

thetrophysystem likes this.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

A lot of people were experiencing crashes since the interplanetary fighters and the submarines were added to the game. I don't think all crashing has been fixed, and nobody can confirm or know why some people are crashing still.

Could the crashes be only happening to people using a spare mouse button as in-game chat? And could the crashes be caused by the game not handling the use of the mouse button well? Could mouse-button-5 causing a mild error in the log, really eventually cause a game to crash?

Just to be specific, I was talking to him in teamspeak when he did that test, I suggested him try it and not build anything (to rule out any units causing the crash whatsoever), and he crashed 10-15 minutes in the game if it was a normal game, and the test game he built nothing and repeatedly tapped chat often he crashed 4 minutes in, which is really fast for a game with even less happening.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Dude your graphics drivers are from 2012... Your lucky the game runs at all! Go to www.amd.com and get the latest drivers and try the game again :)

Also I notice your machine is by msi.... Make sure 'msi afterburner' is uninstalled as it causes lots of problems with pa.

Let me know if that helps at all!
  4. thetrophysystem

Thanks for the post.

I was just talking to him about that. Well, the next update the site offers, is an update to dec 2013. I don't actually think the old graphics driver is the reason. Also, it is a HP, so God knows if that driver is capatable with the HP locked device, or if HP cared enough about the customer to provide a driver past date of sell (spoiler: they dont)

Anyway, the dev specific crash url also incorrectly states windows nt, when he is using win7 x64.

Anyway, he also hasn't been experiencing crashes before this build.

Also, I find msi afterburner causing crashes interesting. That might be the reason and might be a good suggestion. Thanks for checking into this, I found this interesting when told about it is all.
  5. cdrkf

No don't get drivers for his discreet gpu from Asus, get them direct from amd... the hd 7770 is a current card supported by the new omega drivers which are only a month or so old. Old drivers cause crashes in pa...

Also getting an nt crash on win 7 isn't surprising, Windows xp and onward moved to the nt kernel and even windows 10 uses a version of it...
  6. thetrophysystem

Smarter than I, that's for sure.

So this link, he needs to download the top download "Catalyst" control center driver? And that will work with his hd7770 and bring it into the modern day?
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows 7 - 64
    cdrkf likes this.
  7. cdrkf

Sorry for double post... Just to clarify the issue of drivers is only a problem for laptops as the use 'switchable' graphics to save power. This machine is a desktop so hp can't interfere with the drivers, so getting then direct from amd should work fine :)
  8. cdrkf

Yeah that's the one :) jumping so many drivers that should actually give quite a performance boost to that card. Amd have squeezed a lot of extra oomph out of the 7000 series since they launched.
  9. thetrophysystem

If this is the reason for the crashes, then this will not only fix his crashes but also improve his entire pc across all his games. So that would be a winning scenario for him in general. He should be happy to hear this.