What structure/unit do you build least?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by m1dnightmoose, February 15, 2015.

1. m1dnightmoose

m1dnightmoose Active Member

Just want to see different strategies and styles of play. I've been away from PA for a while and I gotta catch up on these new balance changes. Make sure you give a reason too, persuade others!!!

<3
  2. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

leveler
    mered4 and mjshorty like this.
  3. Tripod27

Tripod27 Active Member

Commanders/s

But seriously, pretty much any of the game enders. either the match is over at tier 1, or people can't win at tier 1 and instead of going to tier 2 just build tons of more tier 1s until the server can't take it and everyone leaves from one frame ever 30 seconds sim speed
    christer1966 likes this.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Wat, the meta right now for stuff that isn't 1v1 is get to t2.
  5. m1dnightmoose

I love the leveler personally, it destroys every unit easily and they're brutal in large groups. Which are easy to make because of them being so cheap :3

<3
  6. Tripod27

Tripod27 Active Member

I've seen pretty much either T1 factory spam or going straight to orbital and spamming anchors everywhere as the main game modes of most randoms, not saying it's the meta, just that there's usually no clear reason to switch to T2 so lots of people just don't and build 30 t1 factories instead

Srsly uber make the "each unit costs 0.1 metal per second" mod stock and add a number at the top that tells you how much your massive army is hurting your eco so people use T2 for more power per unit

Leveler is terrible because it's turret turns at one degree per second, and it's hull turns much faster, but instead of turning it's hull at the enemy to make the turret aim faster, it usually does the opposite and just throw's it's own aim off (or gets pushed by allied units) so they almost never fire their guns because they can't get them on target
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

halleys
    The only map I could use them on is styx, which so far only yielded me one usage of the annihilazer instead.
  8. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Walls and those storage things.
  9. m1dnightmoose

Yeah Halley's are pretty useless now. Its a shame that they couldn't be used like in the kickstarter trailer. They need a more map changing effect than being an overly expensive, slow and ugly mechanic (somebody do something to that smash effect please <3) I think asteroids are the saviour were waiting for but I guess well have to wait ;)

<3
    christer1966 and kayonsmit101 like this.
  10. m1dnightmoose

Can't say that's an issue I've had :3 but I haven't used them in the 3 games I've played since getting back into PA so my mind might change

<3
  11. billthebluebot

billthebluebot Active Member

grenadiers. they're slower than dox, and i like my armies to be of one type, i am a robo-racist.
    Tripod27 likes this.
  12. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Advanced combat fabbers. Never need them. I'll use basic combat fabbers instead...
    trialq and Tripod27 like this.
  13. jamesw100

jamesw100 Member

energy storage
  14. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Grenadiers, Levelers and any T2 Air
  15. trialq

trialq Post Master General

@emraldis nailed it, I'd go so far as to say adv. combat fabs are the least used unit overall.
  16. Tripod27

Tripod27 Active Member

I literally don't even know what they can build
  17. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Grenadiers and skitters. Oh, and T2 orbital radar.
  18. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Are you so sure about that with the new balance changes to mines (as skitters are one of only a few units that can *see* the bloody things)?
  19. bluestrike01

bluestrike01 Active Member

Gunships, scout boats and t2 combat fabbers only make it on accident to my build queues.
    Structures: T1 point defence is something I only build in commander boxing and missile launcher and advanced arty are also pretty rare.
  20. kaminfreunde

kaminfreunde Active Member

As I play usually on bigger team games with many planets, I quite have more or less all units and structures around. But if I have to nail it down to the least build unit it would be the Adv Combat Fabber.