Uber come to Glasgow comic con 2015?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ETOnEz, February 11, 2015.

?

What do you think?

1. yay

77.3%
  2. nay

22.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geers

Geers Post Master General

There's fuel, but you're not allowed to touch it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protocol_on_Environmental_Protection_to_the_Antarctic_Treaty

And just bring your own booze. They'll provide the ice!
    squishypon3 likes this.
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Oh no, Antarctica is one of the last places to contain oil, except as it turns out.. Nobody is allowed to drill it, for decently obvious reasons. =P
  3. ETOnEz

ETOnEz New Member

To be honest parts of Glasgow are like that but that could be said about everywhere
  4. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

because it's not in the land of the free
    you're 200 years late to the party if you're not an American
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Can't tell if joking.
    stuart98 and websterx01 like this.
  6. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

USA
    USA
    USA
    GOD BLESS FREEDOM AND AMERICA!
  7. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

No my friend, it was just a thought you had rather than suggestion with any validity. I'm sure there are plenty of actual gaming events closer to home for these guys to go to, and I'm sure they have a team of experienced people responsible for deciding how their marketing budget is spent.
  8. silenceoftheclams

silenceoftheclams Active Member

And equally, don't ask, don't get.
    drz1, cdrkf and cwarner7264 like this.
  9. perfectdark

This will be a great example of where you ask and you still don't get.
  10. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

But if he hadn't asked in the first place, he definitely wouldn't have gotten. What's your point?
    websterx01 and Diaboy like this.
  11. Diaboy

Diaboy Active Member

It would be cool (I would say that, living in Scotland and all) but really quite implausible.

I'm not sure why there aren't more games festivals in Scotland; seems like something that would do fairly well given the industry in Dundee/Rockstar North, and especially that there is the level of international attention during the Edinburgh Festival. I'm sure there is a reason for it though.

In reality, the Festival is unjuried, so while it would take a lot of effort and organising to make something that will garner enough attention to attract other developers, you could put something forward for that. Who knows, it might kick off.
  12. perfectdark

Him asking didn't increase the likelihood of them going any more than me taking a piss this morning increased the likelihood of peace in the middle east.
  13. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

You're not a fan of the butterfly effect, clearly ;)
  14. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

cdrkf likes this.
  15. Bgrmystr2

Bgrmystr2 Active Member

Bad analogy.

Him not asking means noone would have considered it since they don't know.
    Him asking could still very well be no. Doesn't change the fact with this thread, their knowledge can be used to make an event.

Saying something can be a yes or no. Not saying anything is always a no. Especially in scenarios like this. It's basically like picking a random answer on a multiple-choice question vs not answering it at all. At least picking an answer gives you a possible chance of getting it right. Not picking one guarantees you get it wrong.
  16. perfectdark

They will still not consider it despite this thread, and that is a fact, so what was your point again?
  17. silenceoftheclams

silenceoftheclams Active Member

I think the point was to be optimistic in the face of a lack of information. Because, in case you've noticed, *nobody* in this thread has an insight into Uber's decision-making process - you included. In a situation where there is actually no real information being traded, and your actions don't have much risk involved, surely doing something is better than doing nothing?
    Bgrmystr2 likes this.
  18. perfectdark

He could have read some books about business to help him understand the process Uber would go through when deciding how to spend their marketing budget, or used his common sense.
  19. Bgrmystr2

Bgrmystr2 Active Member

Are you part of their monetary team? Not likely. I'm guessing not. You don't know what they can and cannot do. Your opinion is not a fact. Your beliefs cannot be proven because they are just that. Beliefs.

Uber will most likely decline going to the convention. Even I think so. I don't think it's viable funding-wise. My point is that it makes not a speck of difference whether they go or not, whether they consider the option or not, or even read the thread at all. None of that even matters. What does matter is that it was stated, and Uber has the option to act based off this new-found knowledge. You cannot act on something that you do not know exists. Unless you think Uber is somehow omnipresent, in which case you will be severely disappointed. They are not. Neither are you. Neither am I or anyone else.

Now, If this were a monstrous gaming convention within a large city, Uber might be more intrigued. There's plenty of people in Germany and Russia who play PA. People in the UK, and Australia/New Zealand do as well. Anywhere there's a large gaming con, it's viable to at least take some time to look at where it's held, how large the event is, and how expensive it will be to go. Uber has to know about the conventions first, though, and I don't think they have a magical list that gives the name of every visit-worthy convention to ever grace the face of our planet. Do you?
    Diaboy likes this.
  20. ETOnEz

ETOnEz New Member

So what you are saying is before you say an idea on the internet you go to your public library or read online about sed idea?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.