Uber come to Glasgow comic con 2015?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ETOnEz, February 11, 2015.

?

What do you think?

1. yay

77.3%
  2. nay

22.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ETOnEz

ETOnEz New Member

As some people know Scotland isn't exactly known for nerdy/gaming conventions but last year (i think) comic con changed that and they took a chance with glasgow and from what i saw it went well the convention hall was packed both days but there was one thing missing and it was video games, there was shirts and merch which shows that there are gamers in Scotland but no companies showing off games.
    as Zaphys showed with the public showing of the latest KOTP and coming up lan tornement there are player in Scotland and i know what some of you are saying "it would be more cost effective to go to london ect" well maby but there will be more than 1 game there which means competition at glasgow there will be the undivided attention of gamers so let me know what you think.
    Zaphys likes this.
  2. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

If this was ever to be announced to happen... I think I might die of shear amazement and hype. Cannot like it enough!
  3. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

4. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

no
  5. ETOnEz

ETOnEz New Member

why?
  6. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

So you want Uber to fly over a team to present the game at a non-gaming event after doing no research beyond sitting in your dark room in your underpants.

Leave the business side of the thing to the adults pal.
    theseeker2 likes this.
  7. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Too niche. It MIGHT work in London, but even then I don't think enough people would go to just see Uber. I love PA and even I wouldn't go to London.
  8. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Glasgow has Comic-Con?

What next? E3 in Hawaii?
  9. ETOnEz

ETOnEz New Member

It was only a suggestion And as I said there are gamers that go there.
  10. ETOnEz

ETOnEz New Member

You might find that it's Antarctica getting E3 this year
    Geers likes this.
  11. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

Why is it weird for a large european city with a central airport and good public transport links to host comic con?
    cdrkf likes this.
  12. Geers

Seriously though, it's just not a "big event" sorta city. It's kinda just "there". Adelaide and Darwin are also large cities with airports but nobody bothers with them. One is so boring that you might not notice it's even there and the other has an average temperature of ~30 degrees (90F) all year. Nobody thinks of these cities as "happening sort-of towns".
  13. silenceoftheclams

silenceoftheclams Active Member

Glasgow is probably one of the most active, and exciting, cultural cities in the UK. I can't compare it to Adelaide or Darwin, but I know full well that Glasgow is much, much more than its popular image of grittiness and smack. It's full of comics creators, indie game devs, writers, artists. It's all tinged with a little bit of the seedy, but that's the appeal; it's why creative people like it. Glasgow has been Scotland's cultural bleeding edge for at least a decade, ever since Edinburgh filled up with the rich, the middlebrow, and the tourists (i.e the early 1800s).

Uber could do a lot worse, imo, but it's their trip, their cash, their time.
    igncom1 likes this.
  14. Geers

That may be. But like I said, it doesn't have the image of a "happening sort-of town".
  15. silenceoftheclams

That image is literally years out of date. You do realise that Celtic Connections, the biggest festival of traditional/folk music in the world is held there, right? (and other stuff like that, but that's what I'm into so that's the one that's uppermost in my mind...)
  16. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I have a Glaswegian friend who threatens to stab me weekly. Can confirm things do happen there - just not necessarily good things ;)
    cmdandy and Geers like this.
  17. silenceoftheclams

It's the only language they understand!

Actually my wife (small, asian, a lady) feels sufficiently safe to go to Glasgow solo for comics-related things. Grant Morrison works there. There are bits of Glasgow you don't necessarily want to hold events in - but in the same way, people holding events in New York tend not to hold them in the Bronx.
  18. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

don't mock, you'll anger the gods of irony who'll make you regret that statement.

(no seriously that sounds like something that could totally happen)
  19. Geers

The funny thing is if Antarctica did end up hosting E3, it would actually be more convenient for me. America's on the other side of the bloody planet, Antarctica is just down south.
    trilioth likes this.
  20. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

well seeing as there's no petrol, matrinis or chi chis there that's not likely to happen anytime soon. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.