Evil Twins - 1v1 tournament, open to all

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by exodusesports, February 10, 2015.

1. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

evil_twins_v6_small_trans.png

eXodus eSports is proud to announce Evil Twins, a 1v1 single-elimination tournament designed to put seven of the best players the game has to offer to the test. However, there’s space for a single wildcard. Those of you with long memories may recall that current King of the Planet PAG_elodea was the wildcard in the Supernova Showdown tournament. Are you the next elodea?

Sign-ups are open for the Evil Twins qualifiers, which will take place on the 7th March. Anyone can enter and all will compete to secure their place among the best and battle for the £50 (~$80) prize in the Evil Twins finals on the 14th March where seven hand-picked players will be waiting for them.

Whether you’re at the top of your game or just starting out, don’t miss this opportunity to be part of something big. With eXodus running two streams you’ve got a good chance to have your game cast in front of hundreds of rabid viewers. Or perhaps viewers relaxing on a couch in front of a massive plasma. Either way it will be epic.

If you’re more of a viewer than a player then join us live to witness all the action and cheer on your friends and clan mates. And spread the word; share the news across your networks and let’s get even more people interested in this great game.

Finally, be sure to install the eXodus eSports mod. With all the latest news, guides, articles, and even countdowns to the next tournament you’ll never miss out on anything Planetary Annihilation again.

How can I watch?

We will be streaming the event live on the day on the frontpage of exodusesports.com.

Subscribe to our channels to make sure you never miss out on any of our events.
    Can I help?

Help us spread the word by sharing the news across your social networks and letting other forums you frequent know about this event. Get on the ladder and get practicing, and play through Steam. The more active the game appears the more appealing it is to others.

We've also added some Evil Twin items to our store, the proceeds of which go towards tournament prizes and server costs.

mug,standard,x400,right-bg,ffffff.u3.jpg fig,white,mens,ffffff.u3.jpg
    Last edited: March 3, 2015
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Oh yeah, there's some [REDACTED] features (not sure if I can spill the surprise from twitch chat) coming to 1v1 ranked in the next update, I'm going to want to be a part of this.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

errr. Unfair.
    Also the theme of this tournament. Had gandalf any say in this? evil bears eh?
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Alright, i'll just say there's going to be a lot more maps coming to the queue, including some huge ones.

please don't hate me @tvinita
  5. cola_colin

well that was the obvious improvement. And a good one. Party. I really need to play ranked for real again.
    No invite for that tournament directly as far as I can see. Guess I need to pwn some noobs in the qualifier first.
  6. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

I liked it. And unliked it. And liked it again.
  7. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

Well I'm in gold rank and went to 1v1 automatch after not playing in forever and guess who I have to play against?

That's right, @clopse
    elodea and jtibble like this.
  8. cola_colin

The ranked matcher believes in you just that much. :)
    xankar and stuart98 like this.
  9. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Looks interesting. Maybe I can beat my previous 1v1 tourny record and win 2 rounds instead of 1! :D
  10. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Yay! A tourney only eight people get to participate in!

I'd love more casual tourneys. We should try some 3v3 tourneys at some point - that would be fun.
  11. cola_colin

Read again
  12. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

In keeping with the tree loving sentiments from the global chat right now, don't be so hasty :p
  13. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

My first ranked 1v1 I ever played was against @KillerKiwiJuice. I will never forget how badly he stomped me.
  14. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Playing against someone much higher ranked than you carries the advantage that winning will net you a lot while losing costs you almost nothing. It's your best opportunity for promotion :)
    squishypon3, matizpl and cwarner7264 like this.
  15. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

16. matizpl

matizpl Well-Known Member

The best way to improve is to play against people better than you.
  17. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

And usually get obliterated :p

The few 1v1s @burntcustard and I have unintentionally done, he killed me in less than 5 minutes usually, but it was still a good experience!
  18. drboggles

drboggles Active Member

Luckily I will be in town for both events, so I guess I'll sign up.

Edit: Nope, I'll be working all day on the 7th. Damn.
    Last edited: February 11, 2015
  19. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

Can someone explain the tournament theme? Evil teddy bear twins... o_O what am I missing?
    Clopse, websterx01 and stuart98 like this.
  20. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Cute, Quirky and 2 consecutive tourney events