PTE build 78071 now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 6, 2015.

1. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

To make them identical to all the other commanders. This way, there is no gameplay difference between which commander you chose.

(Also, turn in place was actually considered a bad thing, as it took longer for the commander to escape)
  2. earth75

earth75 Member

Oh right, I actually thought the other commanders could turn in place... Sorry my derp.
  3. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

OK, so I ave asked this on steam and they said if I'm using a HD graphics 2000/3000, the Leviathans model would not show up. I have HD graphics 4000. any reason this could be happening?

Also, I'm not sure, but Someone else and me, might be the reason the Aeson was changed.
    either that or it was just a coincidence.
  4. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

First of all, I have to say that the advanced unit selection tools that you've put into this build are an awesome new addition!!! I think a lot of people, including me, have been waiting for something like this ever since the Advanced Unit selection mod broke (which was like a year ago). So, great job!

A couple of small requests though....

1) Can you add the ability to deselect the individual unit categories (in the red box below) that you have selected as well? For example, if I have a large group of selected units, it would be great if I didn't have to scroll through the entire list to weed out each of the various air units that I have captured in the mix separately.

2) Can you make that entire selection window expandable, so that I can decide to show the entire list, instead of using the scroll bar to scroll down as I manage my unit selections? Scrolling up and down to manage your selections can be time consuming.

upload_2015-2-8_8-23-41.png

**Making that window more of a size-able pop-up, so that I can move it around the screen and position it where desired, would also be a great alternative feature as well.

I've also noticed a few bugs with the selection tool...

1) If you hold the shift key down while selecting the quick select buttons at the bottom, the individual unit counts and the total unit count (red boxes below) just keep multiplying by the number of units that you have, while the unit category totals at the top (blue box below) reflect the number of units actually selected. So, I only really had 449 air units total in the example below.

upload_2015-2-8_8-40-14.png

2) Selecting all Advanced Units in view selects all of both your T1 and T2 fabbers instead.

upload_2015-2-8_8-57-20.png

3) A lot of people have noted that the quick select buttons at the bottom also select the fabbers. Since there is a separate button for fabbers already, I'm including this as a bug, because it's tedious to have to filter those out of your selection each time.

upload_2015-2-8_9-14-25.png

Hope that helps. Once again, great work with this addition!

Edit: One more thing....shouldn't the ALL advanced unit selection button look like something else? Maybe just an outline of a square (or another shape that isn't used for one of the unit types already)? It's a little confusing that it looks like the icon for Air units. At first, I thought it was an icon for advanced air only. Also, maybe include an outline for each advanced unit type as well, so you can select those specifically? Space wouldn't be an issue with being able to resize the window (or pop-up), or at least making it a bit wider.

Attached Files:

Last edited: February 9, 2015
    n00n, Tripod27, Pendaelose and 8 others like this.
  5. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I think it was a comment about custom commanders on steam where Jables explained that every commander is equal, but then someone responded that tank commanders have slight disadvantage because of that setting which has now been fixed.
  6. KnavishPlum

I brought up how he felt slower then the rest, Jables said they were all equal, then another user said that it was not true as Aeson turns in place. I brought Aeson up in the 77673 Hotfix build discussion on steam. Thats were it started.
    stuart98, Raevn and Remy561 like this.
  7. KnavishPlum

I'm going to hang here for a bit, HaloWaypoint forums are to crazy and rude.:( PA is so friendly and nice:)
  8. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, that one has been around for a while but it's proving to be a hard one to repro. See this thread.
  9. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Adding to @ViolentMind's post, group deselection is something the game has really needed for a long time.

As someone who is experienced with 3D software, I often instinctively hold down Alt and double click or box select a unit type I want to remove from my selection, which sadly does nothing. It would be great if this simple feature could be added!
  10. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

I think that by holding down the Ctrl key, you can then begin to deselect units on the map (even by drawing a box around them, which sort of works like a negative selection at that point). However, this mechanic does not work when using the group selection icons in the bottom left corner of the screen.
  11. KnavishPlum

Wait, is the liking on the Aeson post a good thing or bad?
  12. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Good.
  13. KnavishPlum

no like in that people are laughing at me or believing me.
  14. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Good indeed, all commanders should be equal ;)
  15. KnavishPlum

hey, how do I quote ?
  16. KnavishPlum

a lot of people seem to like my post about Halo Waypoint.
  17. MadGreyOne

MadGreyOne Member

Hit the "reply" button and the quote will auto populate.

Edit: you can also use the edit button instead of double posting.

Welcome to the forums!
    KnavishPlum, Remy561 and stuart98 like this.
  18. KnavishPlum

oh, thanks.

Also I know about the EDIT button, I just double post sometimes, Also thanks, this place is so peaceful and happy and dosen't involve people wanting to beat each other over sprint.

its a war-zone over on Waypoint
    Last edited: February 8, 2015
  19. KnavishPlum

Well as you can see from my ID pic, I love Aeson!!
    Remy561 likes this.
  20. KnavishPlum

Why is the time off on these comments? yesterday? 10:32 pm? it just turned 10:15 pm...