PTE build 78071 now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 6, 2015.

1. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

The sight range will default to this when energy runs out. DERP.
  2. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Still. I'd like to see that celestial part only detects celestial movement not everything. Otherwise building more than 1 Orbital deepspace radar is redundant.

Actually I'd rather it only detect inbound/outbound movement for the planet it's build on.
    Pendaelose and emraldis like this.
  3. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

^That would be pretty nice. I think there should be two variants of orbital radar, detailed below:
    Orbital Radar(Tier 1)
    Inbound outbound traffic
    Sight range to horizon
    radar range to current planet

Advanced Orbital Radar
    All traffic
    sight range on entire planet
    radar range on all planets
    Pendaelose and boylobster like this.
  4. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

Just a heads up. Just played a comp stomp, the select all button didn't work. Plus it crashed after I won (sorian's AI sulking imho) but I was playing on me mac, so crashes are quite frequent.
  5. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

I did get a server crash while line building some unit cannons, PAX Prime system, playing against a couple AIs. Can't give a lobby ID, as nothing shows up in my replay list. Would this be because offline play was turned on?
  6. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

I also had a server crash with the PTE, but it was the local server
  7. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

I guess mine was local server as well then.
  8. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

did people test commanders vs subs? last time i played it took one of my subs 4 torpedoes to bust a comm with full health ...
  9. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

Not sure where I should post this, but in this replay, the AI kinda got stuck, stopped building, then just stood there and took naval in the face until kaboom time.

10. Diaboy

Diaboy Active Member

I've noticed that the Holkins tends to have its projectiles disappear at the edges of its range?
  11. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Wow, just tested the PTE, like that the SXX is now a beam weapon... what I like most is the UI update for idle units... that is so helpful, well done, love it!
    Pendaelose and planktum like this.
  12. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

The SXX weapon looks dope! I want more!
  13. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Agreed.

Maybe make basic combat fabbers able to see much shorter for landmines, even if they are in the back they should probably not see mines until range 75. Advanced ones should get like 120 because of their cost and all.

Idk, my other beef with landmines, is just their ratio of damage and splash. A "delay" of triggering before detonation would be nice too, as units would enter farther into the blast before detonation.
    Pendaelose likes this.
  14. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Lol awkward cos I've since changed my mind and now think the whole 'mines detectable only to combat fabs' thing is a terrible terrible idea.

See my previous posts.
  15. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I can see that too. Honestly, I liked the MOST landmines being undetectable by enemies and just being cheap and light damage so they just thin out armies. Then, combat fabbers are still the "counter" albeit they don't detect mines they repair damage from mines.

The way combat fabbers repair mine damage, uber having them see mines work just as well.

Then, there is the giving the role to infernos and slammers at a range of 20. Those units could use the "role", and the range means they need to be the ones walking into them, they can't detect mines from the back. Oh, and air scouts, at a range of 10, so they have to fly directly overhead to detect them.
    lapsedpacifist likes this.
  16. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

My best idea so far is to make them a little more expensive/slower to build, keep them detectable with normal radar as it is at the moment (bearing in mind radar range has taken a sizable nerf) and make it so they can only be destroyed by reclaim.

That way you give combat fabs a new role as mine removers, but also make mines more powerful as area denial since your enemy needs fragile combat fabbers (or very slow and equally fragile normal fabbers) to remove them. In addition, it gets rid of any incredibly annoying micro and means you don't have to take combat fabbers with your armies everywhere.
    Pendaelose likes this.
  17. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

I am just wondering, Has this build officially come out yet? or is this just a test build? I only have v.77752 instead of 77792, is this bad? Happy that Aeson is becoming equal, hes my favorite!

Speaking of Aeson commander, is there a 360 video for him, similar to the beast commander? I would like to have a 360 view of him for a idea I have.

Love the game just started playing online!!
  18. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

The PTE is a test version of a build that is soon-to-come out.

It usually has more bugs than other builds, and is not the stable version, which means it's not the version people play frequently.

So yeah, it's normal to have that version ;)
  19. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

How to access and download the PTE (Public Test Environment): http://pawiki.net/wiki/Public_Test_Environment
    Last edited: February 8, 2015
  20. earth75

earth75 Member

Why this? now tank commanders are inferior. Also, tanks can turn in place in real life since they can make their tracks go in opposite directions.