[WIP]Maldor's mini mods

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by Maldor96, September 23, 2014.

1. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

This post is inspired by @burntcustard minimods, after looking at the commander explosion buff, I realized that it was quite easy to make some mild (and sometimes outrageous) changes to the oringnal coding that is in the json. So I present to you, for your entertainment, my mini mods.

Whats Roll Off?
    Reduces the rolloff time ie the time which unit A is done to the time unit B
    This increases army sizes while reduce the time needed to make the army. Actual time to army size testing has not been done, so I have no idea what effect this will have.
    Additional note, the number changed is factory_rolloff_time, and the game does not like anything below 1 :rolleyes:

Ubercannon usefulness enhancer
    Increases the amount of charges you can let loose, increases ROF, damage, and splash. Useful for comboxing (add burntcustard's commander explosion buff for extra funnies :D), area denial and shooting your friends face 10 times in 2 secs.

Spinner Buff - REMOVED
    The Spinner AA unit is too weak vs bomber balls, so I upped its stats a little. Splash damage is the most notable of the changes, but after talking with some of the RCBM guys this might be changed...

Teleporter fix - REMOVED
    After reading one to many complaints about how the teleporter is broken, @nanolathe own words
    And I saw a distinct lack of any suggestions on how to fix it, and I think that A LOT of people would like to see this issue go away and die in a hole. Anyway, I took it upon myself to fix this, the way I did this is to increase energy use, increase metal cost and decrease health, because those were the main issues

I will add more mods here as I get ideas

Availible on PAMM
    And github, eventually
    Last edited: April 1, 2015
    vackillers and thetrophysystem like this.
  2. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

For anyone who is watching, I'm working on improving the AA vehicle to hard counter Aerial Death balls.
    Done, Here are the changes I made:
    Splash radius: 10 up from 0
    Splash damage: 15 up from 0
    Damage per shot: 30 up from 25
    RoF: 3.5 up from 2
    Health: 110 down from 130
    and that is it, any more ideas for simple mods?
    Last edited: September 30, 2014
  3. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

Teleporter has been changed to make it more balenced, changes follow
    Metal Cost: 400 > 2500
    Health: 9750 > 5000
    Energy Demand: 1000 > 2000
    Play with this for a bit and let me know what changes need to be made, the discussion is over and now it is the time to act
  4. Baleur

Baleur Member

Loving the teleporter Changes, sadly its one of the few mods on PAMM which simply refuses to download (about 1 in 30 mods on PAMM (as an estimate) simply wont download for me, totally random and unfortunate)
  5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That's because the actual mod resides on Dropbox (For example: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40859013/PA Mods/Teleporter Fix.zip ), which apparently doesn't work so well in China for you? Is that due to the Great Firewall of China? It's probably the same for the other mods that give you trouble.
  6. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

I apologize for that, github and I are not currently on speaking terms, I heard that I can tell Dropbox to auto download, Let me try it when I change something, speaking of changes any suggestions?
    edit: dang it auto-correct...
    Last edited: October 22, 2014
    bsergent likes this.
  7. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

Last edited: December 9, 2014
  8. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

9. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

Working on a new-ish mod for the game, stay tuned...
  10. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

Made many upstream fixes and made them compatible with the latest stable with the exception of the Rolloff remover which made it to the PTE Stage because of the recent addition of the Unit Cannon
  11. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

Some of my mods are complaining of not being up to date. I'm working on a fix for it.
  12. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

No fixes yet for the update issues, still working hard on those.
    I have now looked into it and have found that it is all possible so... NEW MOD

Weaker Unit Cannon,
    Changes:
    Boom Bot no longer build-able by Unit Cannon
    Health 14400 > 9200 now cost 2 T2 factories
    Remove 2 sockets from UC, 12 > 10
    Lower build rate, I can find this anywhere yet, but I increased the rolloff time: 3 > 5
    Energy cost to build a unit went up: Metal 120 > 130, Energy: 4050 > 4200
    philoscience likes this.
  13. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

That is awesome, thank you!! Can't wait to test it out.
  14. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

Roll-off and AABuffer have brought up to the latest build
  15. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Your weaker unit cannon is broken, there's a comma after the final spawn point where there shouldn't be.
  16. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

Fixed. Thanks for the catch.
  17. scarapi

scarapi New Member

Rolloff remover's version of the unit cannon appears differently than the current one vanilla PA uses :confused:
  18. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

I'll look into it.
  19. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

A few things:
    1. Rolloff has been updated to include the latest changes to the unit cannon, mainly dispersion
    2. I plan on removing AAbuff and teleporter rebalence in the near future because recent changes have reduced the need for these mods
    3. Updates will come to my mods when something is clearly broken (or you bribe me enough :rolleyes:) because I have not as active in the game as I would like :(
    I hope to continue floating around until I get things sorted and then I will return
    bsergent likes this.
  20. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

I wish it was easier to make tiny find and replace style changes to units in mods without having to shadow so much. Or maybe there is and I'm just unaware of it :p
    tristanlorius likes this.