PTE build 78071 now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 6, 2015.

1. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

It's probably this:

I sure hope this change doesn't make it into the live build. Especially since it was my fault it was brought to Uber's attention.

I'll take the bug over restricting the editor.
    theseeker2 and guest1 like this.
  2. endurrr

endurrr Active Member

Sometimes you don't have time to react before the planet is launched, and the only way to stop yourself from being crushed is acting while it is hurtling towards you. Except you can't, because for some reason these war machines that make decisions in nanoseconds can't calculate a way to get onto a moving planet, even though the humans of today landed on the halley comet.
  3. endurrr

endurrr Active Member

Hopefully. I would be fine with anchors overshooting things as long as umbrellas can still counter them.
  4. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Is it just me or did they update the planes jet exhausts? They look more awesome now.
  5. planktum

planktum Post Master General

Is this a bug? Major framerate drop with tactical overlay on. Screenshot 2015-02-07 11.59.47.jpg Screenshot 2015-02-07 12.00.07.jpg
    Remy561 likes this.
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

rendering that preview has been just THAT inefficient since always. But until now nobody tried to build small buildings area wide.
  7. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice that UnitCannons will only fire like 7 times or so.. then will not fire again. They load up, I can select them, but they will not fire. To be fair I noticed it last build as well.

pte-build-77792
    Windows 7 x64
    Nvidia 216 892Meg
    16GB memory
  8. MadGreyOne

MadGreyOne Member

Another thought on mines, how about making the land scout a minesweeper, removing minesweeping from at least basic fabbers, and letting boom bots have limited mine vision and boosted damage against mines for clearing paths for your other units.

Or how about tweaking the explosion delay so that a dox can "sweep" mines as long as it keeps moving by getting out of the explosion before it happens.

I really like the concept of mines, but don't want to see them locked into a combat fabber only thing.

And naval mines, that would be awesome!

Edit for above post:
    Have you tried clicking stop on the unit cannon and then firing again? I've noticed that when I've issued an area attack or queued commands to a unit cannon it won't fire again until I use stop to clear those commands
  9. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I covered two whole planets in anchors once
  10. cola_colin

I tried covering a planet in walls that were modded to 10% their normal size. Crashed the game. Then I realized to get the minimap data I needed I didntt need to actually build them, only try too place them one by one.
    stuart98 likes this.
  11. theseeker2

you made a minimap mod by covering a whole planet in 10% size walls and then reading their position data?
    stuart98 likes this.
  12. cola_colin

yes I tried, but iit turns out you can write a script to only quickly simulate tthe "try place a wall at location x/y/z" process and read back if it would have succeed at like 10 walls per second. No need to really place them or even have a fabber selected while doing that.
    stuart98 likes this.
  13. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

1. I clicked selected all advanced in view and it selected my t1 fabbers
    2. can you make it a game option to remove the control group and various new buttons from the UI. the only one i want is the yellow stuff that pops up when something is idle, i do the rest with hotkeys anyway
    burntcustard likes this.
  14. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Yeah the new UI ought to be a closeable panel. It's useful for newcomers but by now most of us are used to doing that stuff with hotkeys and it just takes up unneccesary space.
  15. theseeker2

radius limit needs to be extended or removed too
  16. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

New PTE wat is going on Jables wat is going on @jables
  17. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Agreed, frankly I think the editor could use lifting a lot of the old restrictions too.

For example, why can't we set up planets on collision course with the sun? It works in game, since it can happen with Halleys sometimes. Would have been a cool variant of the "get off the planet before it collides" type of map.

And why can't we set water coverage to 100%? Currently you just have to reseed a 70% coverage planet until you get no islands.

The editor should be as unrestrictive as possible without breaking the game, leaving it to the players to balance their maps.
    Pendaelose, lokiCML and theseeker2 like this.
  18. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

19. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

is the big server performance increase in this patch? I can see server tweak but it that it?
  20. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

THIS DOES NOTHING! The way celestial detection works is that it provides vision of EVERY orbital unit in the game regardless of where they are and if they are sight/radar invisible and regardless of it's setting (radar/sight). Orbital Deepspace radar might as well not have it's own orbital sight range because of this.
    Nicb1 and emraldis like this.