Hotfix build 77725 now live

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, January 30, 2015.

1. ishytarus

ishytarus Member

On my custom map Sundered anti-air does not work in pits. When you use fighters to attack bombers they go underneath the bombers and die. Nothing can be done to stop bombers in these areas.
  2. jorgenpt

jorgenpt Uber Programmer Uber Alumni

This is .. really weird. It's possible the launcher thinks the game is already running -- have you attempted rebooting to make sure there's no PA.exe hiding?
  3. jables

jables Uber Employee

Looking into this now.

Could you attach your client log?

log found:
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log
  4. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

@jables

Just confirmed 77582 on OS X with PA Stats enabled causes a coherent crash and UI freeze when shift placing buildings.

All I've seen so far is: View 5 terminated in an abnormal fashion!

Also seeing some issues with hosting games where connection to server fails.
  5. Diaboy

Diaboy Active Member

I am having this as well - got 1 successful game out of 4 - had to force quit each time. Running OS 10.9.5.
    Most recent log attached.
    I can attach the others if that's any use.

Attached Files:

6. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Coherent UI Debugger was running half-crashed in the background (I'd had it open for like.. a week), oops! I'm sure there used to be some sort of error message when trying to run multiples of the game/UI debugger? Successfully updating now :D
    websterx01 likes this.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I cannot debug this as I do not have access to OS X at all. :s
  8. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

I'm pretty sure the crashes are caused by server lag/instability. My friend had the same problem, and once we managed to get into a game it crawled along at like 1/8 speed the entire game.

I think Uber needs new servers.

EDIT: Crash logs end with

[20:39:09.891] INFO Connect to 5.153.6.211:9000 failed: Failed
    [20:39:30.906] INFO Connect to 5.153.6.211:9000 failed: Failed
    [20:39:51.922] INFO Connect to 5.153.6.211:9000 failed: Failed

So yeah, it just couldn't connect and then froze.
  9. Sleeser

Sleeser Active Member

i cant update too :/
    any ideas? re installing the launcher doesn't work :(
  10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Tried infernos? Tried infernos with combat fabbers? Tried infernos with combat fabbers and use a combat fabber to also reclaim the walls? Tried Ants with Combat Fabbers while also reclaiming the walls, maybe a few inferno in front with a "assist" command with a combat fabber specifically on the inferno?

Besides, it is close perimeter, you don't need air dominance, you need air though. If you don't have air dominance, use towers and spinners at your edge, call bombers in, and if they have fighters send some fighters with spinners and tower and prod atop your own AA to thin them out in better ratio.
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The problems with all those moves- much more micro intensive than grenadiers (which just need to move up to the wall)...
  12. jables

jables Uber Employee

Would be great to get the whole log attached if possible.
  13. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I have been having success doing this. It's slower to push in than it used to be but you can do the grenadiers+walls to keep the pressure on and buy time for t2. The game is feeling like the t1 fights tend to stalemate until someone gets t2 up now, but maybe pelters will do ok against the grenadiers?
  14. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Pelters push them back it's true... that kinda forces you into a very small area though...
  15. thetrophysystem

Would be sort of nice if you could double-click load a unit, while having a group of pelicans selected, and the 1st click picks up the 1 while double-click picks up all units like it starting with ones closest to it.
    planktum likes this.
  16. thetrophysystem

Well, my suggestion btw, is to lower grenadier range by 10. It really would make the subtle difference. At least I think that would be nice.
  17. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

My solution would be to use the armor system to give infernos a massive damage increase against walls.
  18. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

This seems to be related to the new chat room view but I have no idea why.

Shift placement with rotate will crash coherent with: View 5 terminated in an abnormal fashion! (live game popup)
  19. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

live game popup crashes? From the stuff PA Stats adds into scene mods it doesn't even affect that scene :eek:
  20. jables

jables Uber Employee

Best would be to turn off all PAstats stuff and see if you still get it. I am unable to repro with no mods installed :(