JUST CAUSE 3!!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Geers, November 12, 2014.

1. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I get annoyed at most implementations of RPG elements in RPGs. I don't want them in my Just Cause.

Just give me bigger weapons and fancier cars/planes/rocket turtles as the game goes along.
  2. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Interesting bit of info I found on JC's wikia, apparently the police and military will be two separate forces like they were in JC1.
    3453.png
  3. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Where'd they get that info from?
  4. tehtrekd

Basically from that one screenshot. You can see the cop car and the screenshot is shown in the "creating the sandbox gameplay" video on Gameinformer.
    It's not 100% confirmed, but it's a safe guess.
  5. Geers

I guess that makes sense. There's a new article about multiplayer but it actually has zero information about the game in it.
  6. tehtrekd

First impression descriptions from some lucky motherf*ckers that got to play it early. Grappling hook has a few new upgrades from JC2, including a function that pulls two attached objects (or people) together. Other than that it's pretty unspectacular as far as updates go.
    Though I do have to comment on that screenshot. Just look at that explosion and the smoke and the... everything.
    explosion-610.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...reeform-chaos-hands-on-with-just-cause-3.aspx
  7. Geers

That's a terrifying sentence.

Infinite C4 is a great idea though, as long as you can upgrade the number you can have placed at any one time.
  8. tehtrekd

He probably just meant control-wise. Like, the shooting is tighter and all that good stuff.
    I-I hope...
    stuart98 and Geers like this.
  9. tehtrekd

Rico Rodriguez has a new character model and with that, a new look entirely.
    He kinda looks like a Hispanic Nathan Drake now.
    rico-pullouts.jpg
    These updates are getting really trivial. Hopefully this means we'll be getting a gameplay trailer soon.
    elkanfirst likes this.
  10. Geers

I like the new look of the grappling hook. It looks really cool.

I agree with your point though, basically every piece of information since the announcement has been of little to no consequence.
  11. tehtrekd

Info on the Mediterranean island of Medici (along with pretty concept art which is pretty pretty)
    • Mediterranean area is less based on Florence and Italy like the Assassin's Creed games and more based around Sicily/Greece/Albania and the like
    • World is described as "believable and very approachable".
    • Areas seem like they're going to be colour-coded in some way, "grey, yellow, and red are the colors of oppression. While the pristine world is full of more natural colors"
    • Five different biomes in Medici each with their own palette feel and identity
    • Two different coast lines, one is very rocky and unpleasant, the other is a sandy beach for tourists
    • Inland areas will have fields of lavender and sunflowers. This sounds quite pwetty indeed.
    • Even further in land however is the ugly underbelly of civilization, where urbanization and deforestation take over the lush colours of forests and farmlands
    • There are also icy mountains, which I am ecstatic about because mountains mean crazy stunt ramps!
    And also the art stuffs.
    Biome1.jpg Biome2.jpg Biome3.jpg

EDIT: Forget teh sauce: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...lanche-keeps-just-cause-3-vista-original.aspx
  12. Geers

Whoa, that look really nice! Too bad it's got a giant friggin' watermark so I can't use it as a background.
  13. Geers

14. tehtrekd

15. tehtrekd

16. Geers

17. Geers

Anyone see this?

[​IMG]

Also according to their tweets they're going to release the trailer (and presumably the rest of their marketing campaign) in "several weeks".

These guys are my kind of people:

tweet.jpg
    Last edited: January 22, 2015
    squishypon3 and tehtrekd like this.
  18. tehtrekd

19. Geers

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUIT!!!!!!!!!!!
    tehtrekd likes this.
  20. tehtrekd

I wonder how it's going to work with the grappling hook.
    In my head I'm thinking "something like Spiderman", but that might be high hopes.

EDIT: Also, I love how the wingsuit makes no sense whatsoever, considering an actual wingsuit is full-body.
    skydivingSpain--wingsuit0911ByAlainDony (9).JPG
    Fits the game perfectly considering the game is pretty much "Laws of physics? Lawl who needs 'em."
    Last edited: February 2, 2015