Hotfix build 77725 now live

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, January 30, 2015.

1. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

woulda coulda shoulda ... just let the past rest and reach for the future of awesome ...
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

How practical would it be to make a last-updated map for each build and flag mods with outdated shadows?
    Remy561 likes this.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

PA-FX, Alpha Energy Plant, and quite possibly CPlosion will be displaying outdated metal cost and quite possibly DPS statistics on several units. I'll get a fix out for Alpha Energy Plant in a few hours, you'll have to bug @Alpha2546 about fixing the issues in his mods.
  4. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

Can the next focus be on pathing? Since, you know, it's pretty bad with units constantly getting stuck, and naval units trying to swim through land.
  5. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

And land units trying to drive around on water.

Speaking of driving around on water...

Needz moar hovercraftz.
    christer1966, ace63 and cdrkf like this.
  6. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Actually I updated all the unit json code from CPlosion and XPlosion with the new build. That didn't happened for pa-FX though. I just checked which units were changed and updated or removed those files. Might have forgotten some but I'm frankly too lazy atm to check all the files :p
    Remy561 likes this.
  7. uggla88

uggla88 New Member

Absolutely agree with @MrTBSC
    Software development is tricky, and sometime time to market makes things difficult.

In such case, the most important is the follow up of the issues and I think Uber is doing a good job in this direction.
    I hope this will be the case for a long time and that Uber will still refine and improve the game.

Thanks Uber team.

Note : Also a huge thanks to make a Linux native release of the game !
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Agreed +1. Whilst release was probably too early, I don't think anyone can legitimately criticize Uber for the work they've done since. The patches just keep coming with more and more cool stuff :) Can't wait to see what's next!
    uggla88 likes this.
  9. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

Orbital Launcher looks a little buggy when its in water:

Idle

[​IMG]

Building

[​IMG]
  10. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

And now that bug where carefully placed elliptical orbits randomly reset to circles is back. Another hour of work down the drain. Loading a previous save doesn't help, because even if you save the system when the orbits are elliptical, they revert to circles when you load the system. it only happens with some of the orbits though, for some arbitrary reason.

The system editor frustration never ends.
    nateious and stuart98 like this.
  11. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

no it was a 1v1 vs AI, on a metal planet with no reclaimables other than perhaps a couple of my own mex that were destroyed. My actual usage was probably very close to 100% as the game only lasted 10 mins.
  12. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

Yea. And one more:

Total Random with metal spots after creating planet.No matter how much players and landing zones in game.Metal Spots will change their places anyway.

Only advanced settings can help now...
  13. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Oy and they told us in the stream last night metal spot saving issues were fixed! Rabble rabble! I want to make my Wet Platforms map :(
  14. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

OH WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT!

All the metal spots, landing zones and custom CSG have been erased from my carefully constructed planet after I saved and exited the editor. Then the program crashed again.

Please make this terrible mess of an editor the priority for the next patch!
    nateious and iacondios like this.
  15. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

And of course, if I place more metal, save and exit and reload the system, the metal is gone again. In other words, there's no way to get any metal onto this planet and I'll have to replace it with a new one that hopefully won't also become bugged.
  16. jables

jables Uber Employee

Collecting all of this feedback in one thread would be the most useful. Doing it this way may mean the engineer trying to find all the posts may miss something.
    pieman2906, Remy561, drz1 and 2 others like this.
  17. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Maybe he could start a 'map editor' feedback thread in the (sorely underused) mapping forum? That way we have a focus point for all our feedback. The editor is so close to the verge of truly amazing, but it's got a crucial last bit to go before it is worth anyone laboring to use it. It's a lesson in frustration as it is now.
  18. jables

jables Uber Employee

We love the feedback. An overall thread would be awesome, as the engineer who focuses on the editor does read the forums, but tracking down every post can be difficult.
  19. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

I've tried doing this several times before, but it seems editor bug threads don't get any attention, and nothing seems to be done to fix them. Here's my most recent thread: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/editor-bug-csg-objects-disappear-from-planet.67534/

And no matter what I do the custom metal placements and CSG disappear when the map is reloaded. Even when I make an entirely new planet. It's completely broken.

I've wasted the whole day fighting all these bugs and every time I think I've finally finished this awesome system, it glitches out in a different way. It's infuriating.
  20. jables

jables Uber Employee

We do read the posts, but getting in fixes in and tested in 4 days for release is not usually doable. If you could get an overall Editor issues thread and just collect them all there, it will get the right eyes on it, and fixes will be released as fast as we can make them.
    Remy561, drz1 and cdrkf like this.