[WIP] PA Community Hub

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by Raevn, August 25, 2014.

1. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

There should be a log under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\pahub\pahub-log.txt
  2. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

uploaded for your review, nothing has been changed

Attached Files:

3. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

It can't find the core plugins, they should be at c:\Users\Richard\appdata\local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\pahub\content\plugin\
    Specifically, there should be several folders in the above directory:
    com.pahub.content.plugin.settings
    com.pahub.content.plugin.contenthub
    com.pahub.content.plugin.store.plugin

If they are not there, I've attached them; simply extract them to that directory while I try to work out why the installer did not work.

Attached Files:

4. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

Concerning mod downloading, I'm trying to download PAStats from PaHub and it comes out with this error:
    Code:
    13:08:51[ ERROR ] Error parsing JSON data: SyntaxError: Unexpected token i
    Here is the entire log:
    Code:
    13:07:45[ INFO ] Detected architecture: ia32
    13:07:45[ INFO ] Detected platform: win32
    13:07:45[ INFO ] Planetary Annihilation Installation directory found
    13:07:45[ INFO ] Detected Non-Steam version of Planetary Annihilation
    13:07:45[ INFO ] Found Core Plugin: 'com.pahub.content.plugin.settings'
    13:07:45[ INFO ] Found Core Plugin: 'com.pahub.content.plugin.contenthub'
    13:07:45[ INFO ] Found Core Plugin: 'com.pahub.content.plugin.store.plugin'
    13:07:47[ INFO ] Found 8 new content items for store 'com.pahub.content.plugin.store.plugin'
    13:07:48[ ERROR ] Error parsing JSON data: SyntaxError: Unexpected token i
    13:07:48[ INFO ] PA Hub current version: 0.4.0
    13:07:48[ INFO ] PA Hub latest version: 0.4.0
    13:07:49[ INFO ] Found 8 online content items for store 'com.pahub.content.plugin.store.plugin'
    13:07:52[ ERROR ] <CID #43> Error: error
    13:07:53[ ERROR ] <CID #45> Error: error
    13:07:57[ INFO ] Found 0 new content items for store 'com.pahub.content.plugin.store.map'
    13:08:08[ ERROR ] Failed to parse system data from server 'Voices of War'
    13:08:24[ INFO ] Installing content 'info.nanodesu.pastats'
    13:08:25[ ERROR ] Error parsing JSON data: SyntaxError: Unexpected token i
    13:08:25[ ERROR ] Error parsing JSON data: SyntaxError: Unexpected token i
    13:08:49[ INFO ] Installing content 'info.nanodesu.pastats'
    13:08:50[ ERROR ] Error parsing JSON data: SyntaxError: Unexpected token i
    13:08:50[ INFO ] Installing content 'info.nanodesu.pastats'
    13:08:51[ INFO ] Installing content 'info.nanodesu.pastats'
    13:08:51[ INFO ] Installing content 'info.nanodesu.pastats'
    Edit: PAMM is now giving me the same issue.

Edit 2: looks like the mods directory was corrupted somehow, A clean wipe later and Pahub is not showing any installed mods where PAMM is.
    Last edited: December 31, 2014
  5. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Looks like there was a bad JSON file found before you even tried installing PA stats. Can attach the entire log? Look in the pahub directory in appdata for pahub-log.txt.
  6. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

Most Recent log

Attached Files:

7. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

It seems to be starting to read in local mods, but stops short (there's no line in the log like "Found # new content items for store 'com.pahub.content.plugin.store.mod.client', or server).

Can you try moving all the folders out of the mods directory, and adding them back one by one, and see where it breaks? Also, if any folders aren't named after the mod IDs (eg., they should be named something like info.nanodesu.pastats or com.pa.conundrum.cShareSystems, with dots), then leave them out of the mod folder and re-install them from PA Hub.
  8. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Ok, breaks over and I'm back to working on this!

I have to admit; I still feel there's a lot of issues/lack of polish with this, and I'm working hard now to get it to a point where I'm comfortable with it (for content management) like I am with PAMM. To effect this though, we need to go back a bit before we go forwards.

First things first, the next update may take a while, but it will be big. As in, delete your existing install and re-install from scratch. There are too many changes I want to make that would be painful slow doing it piece by piece due to dependencies.

What I've done today is a content UI update. The whole "click on an item and have a box come up with more info" thing was more trouble than it's worth. I'm now making content tiles look like in PAMM:

upload_2015-1-10_23-42-21.png
    (WIP)

Next Up, I've temporarily removed the collective actions (enable All, Disable All, install all etc). They will come back (the code is still there, just no UI), but a lot more ground work is needed before I'm comfortable with bulk installs, especially.

I also need to make the PAMM -> PA Hub migration cleaner. There are several known situations where problems can arise going from one to the other.

And there's a mile long list of things after that, of course :) Also looking forward to some 3rd party plugins in the works!

Here's to 2015 :)
    stuart98 and proeleert like this.
  9. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Update - 11/01/2015

UI Changes:
    Made several UI changes, especially with the goal to reduce "wasted" screen space.
    • Changed banner and reduced height of header
    • Reduced width of side bar
      upload_2015-1-11_22-29-1.png
    • To make the minimized sidebar more usable, the sections now scroll out when you hover over them (animated).
      upload_2015-1-11_22-28-54.png
    • When you switch between sections, PA Hub now remembers the last selected tab for each section, so it's less confusion/annoying to change between them. This is only within the current session - it still only saves the current section & tab when you close PA Hub.
    • Additional work to bring the content view closer to PAMM.
    Under-the-hood changes:
    • Updated atom-shell to the latest version (v0.20.5). Experiencing a few weird crashes which may be related, so I might go back a few versions if that's the cause. The main reason for the update was to support the webview tag.
    • Updated the forum tab in the community plugin to use a webview instead of an iframe (fixes previous issue where comment/post box was disabled)
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Update - 12/01/2015

Added visual alerts that pop up from the bottom. The actual events that trigger them are still being tweaked (probably wont include enabled/disabled, but it's easiest to show using those). This will replace various other notifications already present, such as after logging in or submitting a news entry.
    upload_2015-1-13_22-11-38.png

Also visible in the screenshot is a sidebar toggle; you no longer need to go into the settings page to minimise the sidebar (in fact, that setting has been removed as it is redundant).
    Last edited: January 13, 2015
    stuart98 likes this.
  11. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Update - 13/01/2015
    • Added a fade and lower effect to alerts once they time out
    • Added "warn" (orange) and "success" (blue) alert types.
    • Added alerts for uninstall, install, login success/fail. Removed alerts for enable/disable
    • Implemented a task system. This is an extensible system for defining handler functions for certain actions. Each task is an action with parameters, which are passed to the defined handler function. Most importantly, it allows sequential actions to be queued up, such as the installation of pre-requisite mods prior to a desired mod. Additionally, as with any observable variable, I can turn it into a saved setting, meaning it can be made to persist after a restart of PA Hub (which is needed to install some plugins).
    • Further updates to content tiles to match PAMM.
  12. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Update - 14/01/2015
    • Added alert count when current alerts exceed 5.
    • Improved alert animation.
    • Added alerts when content cannot be enabled due to missing dependency.
      upload_2015-1-14_22-48-12.png
      Me spamming an attempt to enable content without it's dependency. Pictured are the fade in/out effect, and remaining alerts count. I hope to add more detail to the message, to identify what content is missing
    • Added Dialogs via the alert system - these allow custom answers (such as OK, Cancel etc.) that can be defined with a label (the button text) and a function to call if that answer is selected.
    • Begun to implement the installation of pre-requisite content when they are missing.
      upload_2015-1-14_22-52-41.png
  13. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Update - 17/01/2015
    Gasp! It's been a few days since my last update :p. My attention has been focused on getting the workflow going for installing prerequisites, and I am finally reasonably comfortable that's it working.

Special shout-out to the Orbital Warfare Overhaul mod, for the "most pain caused" award, thanks to have a circular dependency :mad:. I know other mods do too, but yours was first in the list so it's the one I was testing with ;).

So, clicking on a mod that has dependencies causes the following alert:
    upload_2015-1-17_23-37-41.png

Clicking "Yes":
    (note the bottom is always the oldest alert)
    upload_2015-1-17_23-18-57.png

Note the warning because it can't enable the mod yet, as it's pre-requisite isn't installed. But this fixes itself up when the other mod finishes installing, as it enables any pre-requisite content:
    upload_2015-1-17_23-19-42.png

Notes:
    • The prompting for installation can be suppressed (so it auto installs missing dependencies), and I plan on having an option to do that.
    • The circular dependency is still an issue for disabling & uninstalling content. I'll look at that next.
    Last edited: January 17, 2015
    stuart98 and cola_colin like this.
  14. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

cycling dependencies were introduced after I needed them. Sorry :p
    proeleert and stuart98 like this.
  15. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

So. Much. Hate.

;)
    proeleert and stuart98 like this.
  16. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

17. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Update - 30/01/2015
    Been very busy, but without much visible changes as it has mostly been back-end work to improve the reliability of installing & enabling content with dependencies. I should have all the various dependency use-cases sorted, but I expect I'll be surprised at some point by something weird (you crazy modders, you).

Other changes:
    • Layout update for content pages:
      • Filters are now permanantly at the top of the page (eg., they don't scroll with the page)
      • Removed the tabs and combined sort, filters and display options
      • Added text bar for text search (but have not yet implemented text search).
      • Improved notification
    • Added download progress text to the bottom download info area (##KB / ##KB). Also plan to add a progress bar there, too.
    • Various bug fixes
    I'll add pics of the new content page layout once I've cleaned them up a bit more.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  18. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Best men ever, keep up with your extremely awsome work. I will advert as much as I can about it
    Can I ask you something, is the first page infi updated with all the downloadable plugins and pahub itself. Cause I find confusing to chose whether the first lisk or the succesive ones you have postwd. I would appreciate so much any response. Thanks
    Last edited: January 29, 2015
    Raevn likes this.
  19. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Thanks! :)

The first three posts in this thread are generally kept up to date - any posts after that show the state of PA hub at that point in time, so it's a bit of a trip down memory lane :p
    Ksgrip likes this.
  20. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

@raevn Any chance of this including a client for the in-game xmpp chat?
    killerkiwijuice likes this.