PA Wiki?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Lextoc, January 27, 2015.

1. Lextoc

Lextoc Member

Is there a wiki for PA (official or unofficial) with stuff such as a unit database, information/tactics about the different planets in the ladder, etc?
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

4. Lextoc

Lextoc Member

5. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

6. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

julien119 likes this.
  7. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

8. cptconundrum

Well PA Matches is a wiki that gets edited whenever someone has time and pa-db draws it's data directly from the PA files. pa-db does seem to be slightly behind the current version, but I think that's just due to hotfix patches that didn't touch balance.
  9. trialq

trialq Post Master General

For a unit database I have to recommend the unit database mod, which adds one to the main menu. Because it's in-game, it's always up-to-date. As well as what's already mentioned, there are a few resources I'm aware of online:
    squishypon3 and theseeker2 like this.
  10. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

PA Matches is only editable directly by brian, afaik (you can request to contribute, but I think he still has to approve it before it shows up, or he has to make the requested change himself, not sure how it works exactly). He doesn't really work on the site any more though.
    pa-db.com hasn't been updated in some time (it's now 12 builds old :( ). @cola_colin I think had a mirror of it at some point, though I can't remember the link or if he still updates it.
    The unit database on pawiki is incomplete and a bit out of date. Dropped off updating it to work on pa hub, and because the wiki got overrun with spam for a while (cleaning that was painful). I've recently started updating the wiki again, and it's freely editable, so please help if you can :)
    Pawiki also has a list of official and external sites on the front page.
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I had a mirror, but then @yarmond got up to speed again. Seems he is falling behind again.
  12. yarmond

yarmond Member

What's currently up at pa-db.com is effectively correct for the current stable build -- it's only behind by the most recent "bugfix" patch which I don't think changed anything that the DB shows.

I haven't been including the PTE builds since the official launch, but I could if there were interest. It might be worth it since the stable releases seem to be happening less frequently and that's where the active balance changes are taking place. I don't suppose anyone has the relevant files to populate the DB for the intermediate versions, though (Am I the only one that keeps the game files in a Git repository?).
    stuart98, proeleert and cptconundrum like this.
  13. cptconundrum

I think @raevn has every old version of PA.
    stuart98, Raevn and websterx01 like this.
  14. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Missed a few here and there :(

Not really feasible for me to transfer them though, Australian internet and all.
  15. yarmond

yarmond Member

The PADB code (which you can download from https://github.com/speth/planetary-annihilation-db) has an archive.py script that will collect just the files used by the DB and create a .tar.bz2 archive of them. This weighs in around 600 KB per version. The only dependency is a copy of Python 3.
    Raevn and stuart98 like this.
  16. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I'll do this when I have a chance. From what build do you need it from? all the PTE's after 76766?
  17. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Speaking of PADB, could we get the original thread for it moved out of the backers' lounge?
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

good point
    stuart98 likes this.
  19. yarmond

yarmond Member

All the builds I have data for are those listed in the dropdown on pa-db.com. Recent PTEs (besides 77337, of course) would probably be the most useful, but I'd gladly add any version you happen to have that I'm missing.