King of the Planet 11 - 7th February, 1500 UTC

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by exodusesports, January 28, 2015.

1. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

It has been a time for team games with Clopseys and Clan Wars dominating the competitive landscape for the past few months. Now it's time for the return of the king.

In King of the Planet 10 the heretical PAG_elodea fought the noble foerest for control of the crown. The challenger employed a bold strategy designed to highlight the weakness of procedural maps, but in the end it was his own weaknesses that were exposed and he was run out of the kingdom and never seen again after a sound 3-0 thrashing.

In King of the Planet 11 eXodus eSports will be streaming a best-of-five between King of the Planet PAG_elodea, and the challenger (P)BattleBear, at 1500 UTC on Saturday, 7th February.

Elodea has proven to be almost unstoppable, currently holding the #1 slot on both unofficial ladders, while also holding the #2 slot on the Uber ladder. He has continued to define the meta for most players with his bold orbital strategies, informative articles, and cat fact streams.

Working quietly in the background, (P)BattleBear has been preparing for this challenge. Not seeking fame and glory, he has been consistently playing in the background and holds ranks #2, #3 and #7 across the ladders. While the king has shown his hand, the challenger is keeping his tricks to himself.

It's a new day, a new balance, a new meta. With the current PTE expected to release ahead of this event it's all to play for. Will PAG_elodea's rapid adaption and bold strategies triumph? Can (P)BattleBear make use of the increasingly powerful System Editor to throw something completely unexpected at the king? Will someone choose a system with more than one planet?

Tune in to King of the Planet 11 to find out!

How can I watch?

We will be streaming the event live on the day on the frontpage of exodusesports.com.

Subscribe to our channels to make sure you never miss out on any of our events.
    Can I help?

We think Planetary Annihilation is a game worth playing and King of the Planet an event worth watching. Help us spread the word by sharing the trailer across your social networks and letting other forums you frequent know about this event. Vote for this video in the weekly PA video contest.
    Last edited: January 28, 2015
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

It's back! HYPE!
    websterx01 likes this.
  3. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Cats hate the water because their fur does not insulate well when it’s wet. The Turkish Van, however, is one cat that likes swimming. Bred in central Asia, its coat has a unique texture that makes it water resistant.

[​IMG]
    DalekDan, ArchieBuld, xankar and 9 others like this.
  4. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

This should be included in the OP. Very relevant 10/10 :D
    DalekDan, ArchieBuld, xankar and 3 others like this.
  5. elodea

elodea Post Master General

As a side note, are quitch and uber purposefully colluding to release totally new balance builds just before kotp every single time? :p

I think this happened (or likely to happen) 3 times in a row already...
  6. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Hey, it worked out in your favour the first time.
    elodea likes this.
  7. Taxman66

Taxman66 Well-Known Member

This will be interesting. I will be watching!

Great way to break the 6 month PA drought.

Back from the dead.
    mot9001 likes this.
  8. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I think his update is scheduled to be released sometime this week.
  9. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Can you make sure you do another DIY build with the new balance so that I can be sure what to do? :)
    Zaphys, websterx01, jonasmod and 3 others like this.
  10. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Yes :D
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Gogo battlebear! :D
    xankar and elodea like this.
  12. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Big up battlebear!

Great trailer as well, shows off how great PA looks when you're not just staring at icons.
  13. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

KotP Hype!

I had assumed that @Yaegz would be the challenger though...
    stuart98 likes this.
  14. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

Maybe @Yaegz you can finally cast a big tournament?
    stuart98 likes this.
  15. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

ZaphodX and WPMarshall are casting, while yaegz and PAG_Matiz will be on the analyst desk.
  16. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

Forgive my ignorance but... what is the analyst desk and how does it come in play the day of the event? :D
    stuart98 likes this.
  17. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

We have experimented in the past with bringing on a guest to analyze the games after a few have been played. Having two analysts that are both experienced and well prepared allows this to be a more formalized addition.
    Zaphys and stuart98 like this.
  18. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

This is shaping up as a great event then!
  19. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

though this time, please @elodea, fix the brightness, watching that last one felt like my eyes were being burned out on the sand :)
  20. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

So hoping the new balance changes mean a return of competitive T2 and vanguard drops!