Introducing Dorn - Desert Canyons & Bridges!

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by silenceoftheclams, January 24, 2015.

1. silenceoftheclams

silenceoftheclams Active Member

Hello again lovely mappers! Today, for your delectation and enjoyment, I present Dorn, part of a series of maps I'm making (loosely) based around the seven kingdoms of Westeros.

Going with the whole desert theme, Dorn is a 1v1 or 2v2 map that's all about the land wars, with hardly a puddle in sight! It has a number of paths connecting the two spawns, some of them on raised ground travelling over bridges between mesas, others winding through canyons (and under the bridges) and yet others going through wide open areas that favour Dox raiding. There are even a few water paths that allow Dox to take short cuts where the tanks can't follow! Whether you plan to control the high ground with indirect-fire units, or dominate the low ground with fast raiding, Dorn's sure to have some annihilation that'll be to your taste.

Feast your eyes here:

Play the map, and post your feedback here if you can! Hope you enjoy.

Edit - new version!

Attached Files:

Last edited: January 26, 2015
  2. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

that looks fun
  3. silenceoftheclams

Hopefully it is fun, too!
  4. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Looks nice designed and interesting gameplay-wise!
    Will test this out soon!
  5. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

Nice man :D
  6. silenceoftheclams

So after a few more tests, I've removed the crater CSG for the starts because they made pathing and shooting rather weird. I'd also suggest that this map is working pretty well for 1v1 and 2v2, and that it may be a little on the small side for a 3v3. I've also changed the system name because I'm NOT AFRAID OF LAWSUITS (I added the 'e' back onto the end of 'Dorne'...).

So far it seems to be working quite well. You can do cool things like hide units from bombers under the bridges, and pelters seem to work in really interesting ways to allow you to control the high ground from the low ground and vice versa.
    Last edited: January 27, 2015
    sigmud2 likes this.
  7. doud

doud Well-Known Member

ohhhhh ! will play as soon as i'm at home :p
  8. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Oh mannnnnnnnnnnn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've just played on it against AI, It's simply the most entertaining planet we have in PA !!!!! I can build arty on top of mountains as well as AA defenses, lots of strategy here !!!!!
    Uber with this sort of planets, PA is simply the most incredible and fun RTS i've ever played !!!!!
    Provide such stuff (Dozens of planets like this one) and i can ensure you many, many additional players will buy this game.
    Tons of Kuddos @silenceoftheclams for such an incredible planet !!!!!!!
    cdrkf and silenceoftheclams like this.
  9. silenceoftheclams

Hey man, I'm really stoked that you like the map. I'll be releasing another map tomorrow with a similar sort of theme so check it out. Hope you have many fun times playing with this one tho. :)
    doud likes this.
  10. doud

doud Well-Known Member

can't wait to play it :)