1. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

Specific processor? I do not recall many 64bit single-core processors in existence. GPU is the bottleneck, as I have stated, because Uber's servers handle all the CPU load.
  2. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

This is just off the top of my head, can't give you specifics until tomorrow. Gonna be to busy today
  3. theseeker2

so? read his sig anyways, phones don't magically make people illiterate.
    if you still don't get it, his sig says:
    "Core i7 3612qm, GTX 680m with generally useless 4GiB GDDR5, 16 GiB 1600mhz-Ram, 256GB Samsung 830, 1080P Non-Glare, Win 7 Home 64bit"
  4. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

His sig? Please explain, as I don't see this from my phone
  5. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Hmm, I totally understand now why you wanna have that cap. But it´s not like a framecap or so, something that doesn´t need much tweaking and so on...
    ...it´s a complex matter and I guess that the game would be pretty ruined if you apply a 500-units-cap (which would be suitable for your hardware!)
    Well, I´ve got a signiture under each of my posts that shows my system specs and some sort of personal (and outdated) comment on performance!
  6. theseeker2

forum signature
  7. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

& originally, I thought you were talking bout me
  8. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

Does it show at the end of his posts like most forums usually do? If so, it doesn't show
  9. theseeker2

yes
  10. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

image.jpg

So you can see exactly what I see
  11. goofyz3

goofyz3 Active Member

Wtf is wrong with you. Sorry for my englisch my phone wont support english dictionary and my native language is dutch.

Also i'm going to play the game without unit cap. Enjoy your topic!
  12. drboggles

drboggles Active Member

@vrishnak92 You seem to be getting way too heated for this topic. I suggest cooling off before continuing to post on here anymore so we can keep it from being a flame war.

Back on Topic: I can't agree with a unit cap of any type, Optional or not. It defeats the purpose of how a game like PA plays. On top of that, I don't feel like even if it was optional, that players would very commonly agree to using it for matches. Plus, why should I ruin my gaming experience because your computer isn't as good as mine?

I dumped 2.5K into my rig. I'm going to utilize all 2.5K I payed for, whether you want me to or not.

What we need to do, is improve transportation methods to utilize our units better so that we aren't sitting on hoards upon hoards of units, that just sit there the whole game and do nothing.

Manually fed unit cannons could be a fix.

An orbital Aircraft Carrier that can be used to load up a large number of Air units, be transported to another planet, then dropped into the airspace of the invaded planet is another way to go.
    goofyz3 and theseeker2 like this.
  13. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

what boggles the mind is how any of you who are against unit cap could possibly care if WE get it. not you just us.
  14. drboggles

drboggles Active Member

How many people actually WANT a unit cap? I'm only seeing a very small group saying yes, with the majority saying no. Why not spend the resources UBER has to making use of the units we have?

Why not spend the resources on improving the game's ability to process units and focus on removing the problem entirely?
  15. tatsujb

that is utter tripe and i'm tired of hearing such claims.

take a look at these regular popup threads.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...-this-a-server-internet-game-bug-issue.67476/
  16. theseeker2

sweet jesus are you blind
    emphasis mine
  17. tatsujb

I'm getting the vibe from another thread I didn't intervene in I shouldn't meddle with you.

just to humor you for a sec :

do you really think it's going to take more than one dev and more than one day let alone an hour (for the likes of an UBER dev) to implement a unit cap option in the lobby?

are you really willing to bet on that?
  18. theseeker2

Depends on whether or not a unitcap is moddable or has to be hardcoded into the engine
  19. tatsujb

I don't think you get how code works.

I am quite certain you can host your own modded server with unit cap already.
  20. theseeker2

then it's *probably* not hardcoded into the engine, don't you think? and if it's ALREADY POSSIBLE, why do you want Uber to put in a separate official unit cap option? That's why the game is moddable in the first place.