Upcoming work update!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, January 22, 2015.

1. jables

jables Uber Employee

Hey all,

I wanted to get out another update to let everyone know what we’re currently working on. I’m going a bit further in the future than we normally do here as we are focused on a few things that unfortunately take longer than the next update (which will hopefully be out around the end of January). Curious? Well let’s get to it then!

For the end of January, we’re shooting for a fairly large balance pass for the game based on watching and listening to all of you playing. We are still making adjustments to what is going on based on findings and feedback from our PTE build, but you can find the current list over on the forums here (updated with each PTE release):

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/build-76843-pte-now-up.67298/

In addition to the balance changes, we have a lot of bugfixes and polish items coming in to improve the overall gameplay, as well as adding in a few new units!

[​IMG]

For the end of February we are working toward getting save/load in the game! We know you have been asking for this for a long time, and we’ve wanted to get it in sooner than this, but it was a huge amount of work to get it the way we wanted (and promised on Kickstarter). We are close to having it in great shape however, and will be getting this (our most requested feature) in your hands ASAP! The goal is to get it in the game and released by the end of February. If everything goes according to plan, this should happen. I’ll keep you updated on it throughout February so you know if we run into any problems that might delay it, and we’ll be getting it into PTE as early as possible to work out issues and get feedback.

For March and beyond? Well, we have a lot of stuff we still want to get in the game that we’ve mentioned before, as well as new things we’ve never talked about that we are still experimenting with (playing with Galactic War being one of them... AHH I’VE SAID TOO MUCH! :p). I’ll get you all more info on it as we nail things down, or experiments prove themselves as adding fun to the game.

Some of you know I came on over at Uber around October, and up till now I’ve been concentrating most of my communication on the official Uber forums. Being that we have a ton of awesome players who never make it to our forums, I’ll be making it a point to spread that out a bit to include Steam forums as well as more postings on Facebook and Reddit. Overall, there’s still a lot we want to do with PA, and I’ll be making it a point to be able to share info on that in many more places than before.

That’s about it for now. We’ll have more for you soon, and thanks for sticking with us while we continue making PA the game we all want it to be!
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

:)
  3. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Subs (two of them)! Save/Load!

That second sub looks suspiciously nuclear. Which is awesome :)
    If that's the case, can the structure-based naval nuke launcher be removed?
    Last edited: January 22, 2015
    ArchieBuld, nuketf, Remy561 and 7 others like this.
  4. silenceoftheclams

silenceoftheclams Active Member

Subs! Gonna get me some GODDAMN SCONES.

YEAH.
  5. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

electric effects or riot Kappa
  6. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

Subs? Like the kind that go underwater for real this time? Impossible!
  7. knub23

knub23 Active Member

Jables you are doing a fantastic job! Also kudos to tvinita who is always around gathering information from the players. Can't wait for the new balance.
    mkrater and sigmud2 like this.
  8. felipec

felipec Active Member

Awesome!!! =D Save and load will bring a lot to the game! Will it work only on single player or online games aswell?

Edit. Jables, you are the guy!
  9. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Don't make me reed the Riot Act! - _ - :p
  10. didlix

didlix Active Member

Still not sure what the excitement about subs is. Never has there been a game where I've though "gee wiz, a submarine sure would be useful here". That's just my own opinion of course! I'd just rather see the efforts go into bug fixes and balancing.
    vyolin and julien119 like this.
  11. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Whatever it is, the big sub looks great.
    Remy561 likes this.
  12. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I'm sure they will add more depth to the game.
    Ringworm, sigmud2, Miktor and 21 others like this.
  13. killerkiwijuice

subs confirmed

Oh wait..
  14. allister

allister Active Member

I think subs could be useful if you wanted to take out a naval base or units without being vulnerable to artillery/laser towers/aircraft/orbital.
  15. killerkiwijuice

But we really need naval teleporters!

Naval could be such an important part of the game if maps are better fitted for navy (**COUGH rivers and terraforming in editor COUGH**)and a teleporter is added, it could be an entirely different type of game.
    Remy561, FSN1977 and stuart98 like this.
  16. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

A sub-par pun. I like it!
    Fricia, wpmarshall, cdrkf and 8 others like this.
  17. didlix

didlix Active Member

pun intended? :-D
    squishypon3 and stuart98 like this.
  18. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

o_O
    [insert brain explosion here]
    Remy561 and stuart98 like this.
  19. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Also you could say sub underway...
  20. silenceoftheclams

silenceoftheclams Active Member

Do not doubt the subs. The subs are this awesome: [​IMG]
    pizwitch, mayhemster, sigmud2 and 8 others like this.