Build 77337-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, January 15, 2015.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

To elaborate on that from previous research: It's possible to set feature reclaim value, it's just... odd. You can get (metal_value/max_health)/10, plus some error based on the build power used. In the typical case, a feature is either 25/25/10 or 25/10/10 for trees, basically 1 metal if you round up generously, and the fabber error dominates.
    cola_colin likes this.
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

What nerf?
    websterx01 likes this.
  3. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I feel it might be a viable strategy to use mines to defend early expansions. Not sure though.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It's buildpower has been cut in half. So if you want to spam up large scale attacks based on ridiculous jig economy you need twice as many units cannons.
    radongog, xankar and Quitch like this.
  5. elodea

elodea Post Master General

you can patrol asist them with t2 air fabs just like currently. I think unit cannon build was nerfed more to correctly match the efficiency of the other factories.
  6. cola_colin

Ah well that's true if you assume a really big economy that can do this kind of stuff then you can get the buildpower from air fabbers.
  7. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I still think the unit cannon needs a bit of a price decrease...
  8. cola_colin

I certainly agree a less powerful smaller version of the unit cannon would be more interesting.

A thought on repairing units in combat:
    If the units have the kind of low hp that PA units typically have it is probably never gonna work. Most tanks are massively overkilled in seconds. If you have a combat fabber trying to repair tanks that are overkilled all the time you actually reduce the overkill and pay metal for nothing.
    pieman2906, radongog, elodea and 2 others like this.
  9. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

Perhaps the current unit cannon supplemented by another that can only launch units to the same planet?
  10. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Yeah I think the unit cannon is still too expensive.
  11. Quitch

A couple of bugs seen in this game (replay ID 15854063517036934500)
    • Metal planet completely destroyed by being rammed by a much smaller planet
    • Three anti-nukes failed to intercept three orbital nukes and were left spinning in orbit
  12. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

There wasn't any problem with the orbital fabber reclaim - it was simply a placeholder for the Unit Cannon. Unit Cannon released, Orbital Fabber brought back in line.

It also doesnt make sense that they can reclaim something on the ground from a rational point of view. It's the same logic that lead most everyone to say, "Man, ground fabbers assisting orbital just feels WEIRD."
    stuart98 likes this.
  13. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Well, if they took all ground fabbing capabilities away, I wouldn't mind. The problem I see is that they took only a part away, which leaves us with something that looks like a fabber, builds like a fabber on ground, assists like a fabber on ground, but does not reclaim anything on ground. And this feels not consistent from a user perspective.
    stuart98 likes this.
  14. mered4

The only thing it can now do is build teleporters, from what I understand. It cannot assist ground fabbers.

Personally, I'd rather they removed all the ground capabilities from orbital fabbers. It was a patch fix in the first place, and now that we have the UC (even if it is yet to be properly balanced), it should be removed. The Astreaus has seen a bit of an upgrade as well, so hopefully it will return to the role of planetary expansion.
    igncom1 and stuart98 like this.
  15. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I could dig that tbh. Orbital fabbers building teleporters was a crutch back when invasion was hard. Now it is significantly less hard. All you gotta do is create enough pressure for a beach head and an astraeus with a real fabber can build a tele. ESPECIALLY an advanced combat fabber, that bastard became a lot more pocket-useful.
    igncom1 likes this.
  16. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

The first one is probably due them being of equal mass. If I remember correctly, both planets are completely destroyed with a smash when their mass is more or less equal. I don't know if the radius has influence on this effect.
    Quitch likes this.
  17. Quitch

Ah, it was changed from radius to mass? It used to be radius, right?
  18. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Maybe both then?
    I thought I read mass somewhere a long time ago, but I could be wrong ;)
  19. mered4

I thought it was radius*mass. D:
    Remy561 likes this.
  20. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Remy561 likes this.