General Discussion about Ladder Ranks

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by nosebreaker, January 16, 2015.

1. nosebreaker

nosebreaker Post Master General

The Nosebreaker feels If you in Uber and platinum you should receive a penalty to you entire resource in Ranked game say 10 percent for uber and a fiver percent for platinum. after all does the sport of golf not have handicaps to allow players of different skill level to play on a more even footing......................
    Golf is a pretty old and huge game its been around some 14000 years now you could follow that gaming format and have a feeling of self security ......................................
    uber pa: insert months here.....
    golf:14000 years....

This will encourage gold and silver to play ranked more because they will have the point bonus and also a resource bonus in game!!!!!
    The Nosebreaker feels that Uber players would not worry about such a handicap because it will allow them to play lower ranked players with out feeling guilty.
    Platinum players while mostly just try hards also wont be too worried about such a pentaly, because they are not ever going to get into uber any way and being in platinum is pretty simples.........

The Nosebreaker likes this post
  2. byte01

byte01 Member

Is it April already?
  3. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

You are a muppet of a man, see yourself out.
  4. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

What ranked golf tournament uses handicap?
    Anyhows points awarded for a win and loss are handicapped.
    Last edited: January 16, 2015
  5. Poddighe

Poddighe Member

It's like if in Serie A the first three teams of the championship must play with 10 men instead of 11.
    It makes no sense for me.
  6. kaminfreunde

kaminfreunde Active Member

Remember, not everybody can be a uber. Don't worry. I'm a "gold-scrub", too. ;)
  7. jamiem

jamiem Active Member

It's kinda loopy idea but might help with that 500 minute queue time the uber guys were moaning about.
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The nosebreaker posts have escaped the confines of the balance forum... He's spreading! What have we done?!
  9. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

I just gg when I see him post.
  10. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Last edited: January 16, 2015
  11. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

It would be too hard to implement for this kind of game. Easy in go (weaker player starts with stones on the board), easy in chess (take away 1-2 knights/bishops, or both, or whatever, depending on ranking). The ranking system in go is actually based around the handicup. So a 4th ky player should be able to beat a 1st kyu player if he gets three stones on the board. That kind of thing.

But in a video game like PA? Forget about it, too hard, and it'd take you a while to find a decent spot anyway. Not only that, but the higher ranked player wouldn't want to play a game where he was handicapped because it would be a 'different' game. In go, you're still playing go if your opponent has a handicap. In PA, you'd have to come up with a new playstyle because you had less energy to play with or whatever. Urgh.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  12. nosebreaker

It would be a modified number applied to energy and mex collection eg 15% for uber
    as one of the games most elite players The Nosebreaker feels his gold ranking could also take a hit of 5%

giving an expanded idea

Gold:5%
    plat :10%
    Uber :15%

You could be correct,this could be some what impossible ,,,,,,, Like sending men to the moon.....
    like say Inventing computers out of core elements........
    What human spirit can achive!

The Nosebreaker likes this post
    mishtakashi and reptarking like this.
  13. nosebreaker

An so was electricity.......
    And so was flight........
    and so was womens sufferage .....
    and so was banning phones in the workplace.....
    and so was allowing girls to attend school.....
    and so was marrying tomatoes to pasta.........
    and so was the electric car.....

The Nosebreaker once new a guy whos friends, second cousin, twice removed, lived near a guy, who commuted to work with a bloke, who was married to some skanky chick, who worked with someone, who had heard on uber forums, A guy in Uber once only had to wait two mins for a ranked game!!!!!!
    Place the Handicap and the Uber players will Play!!!!!!
    reptarking likes this.
  14. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Really? I used Go-lang as a example of a handicap system. You took it to literally.;)
  15. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

I'm confused. You linked to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_handicaps... "The rank difference within a given amateur ranking system is one guide to how many handicap stones should be given to make the game a more equal contest." That's pretty much what I was talking about. Why are you now referencing Go-lang? I'm so confused!!
  16. wilhelmvx

wilhelmvx Member

wilhelmvx doesn't like this thread