Progress on crashing bugs?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by theultimatepie, January 16, 2015.

1. theultimatepie

theultimatepie New Member

hi sorry if this is in the wrong forum if it is please move it.

so at the moment there are still some random crash bugs in-game such as a bug related to afterglow headsets which for me requires me to lose audio quality when i want to play a game either in single player or with friends. Does anyone know if they are being worked on and if they are is there a possible way to track the progress or to get an eta?

i know some balancing and other more important bugs are priority right now, but it would be nice for crash bugs to be sorted before any new content is added.
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Hey, have you had pa since alpha/beta? I used to have a similar sound bug. Didn't happen all the time, but I done a clean install. Ie. uninstalled pa folder and the folder in your local directory and this fixed a lot of little bugs I had.
  3. theultimatepie

yea i had it since beta but how do i clean install it should i just remove the C:/ folder
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

That's....

That's the entire hard drive folder
    theseeker2, Twinstar and squishypon3 like this.
  5. theultimatepie

i meant the PA Folder inside....
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  6. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

i should partition my drive into a thousand .5gb partitions just for the lulz
  7. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Yeah not sure the other folder. Think it is c: users local uber entertainment. That needs to go too.
  8. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I know that @SXX was working on it with the developers. See for example this thread:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/headset-causing-crashes-issue.67114

It seems to be a rather tricky bug that's hard to track down, but it looks like you can help by providing crash IDs if you want.
  9. theultimatepie

i did submit the headset bug when i experienced it but at the moment it seems stable
  10. SXX

SXX Post Master General

This bug does get attention, but it's problem that occur within 3rd party middleware and can't be fixed fast.
    If it's was some small bug that occur within PA it's would be fixed probably on same day.
  11. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Also there really no such thing as "random crash" in PA or at least most of crashes aren't actually random.
    Currently you may check your game log and it's will contain url to crash tracker.
    For example here is crash log from crash from headset:
    http://crashes.uberent.com/report/index/e03429ab-1bd2-48f8-a140-d0d872150109

If you may provide more crash dump IDs or just URLs they'll also have certain point in game code so it's possible to identify if it's same problem or not. Before developers had some internal crash tracker, but now they made this one that publicly available so everyone can access it.

For example here is topic crashes for 76766:
    http://crashes.uberent.com/topcrasher/products/PlanetaryAnnihilation/versions/7.67.66
    My personal observation (may be not correct): "Mtx_unlock / crom::AsyncParallelForDriver::threadExecute" it's where currently most of "random" crashes on AMD / Nvidia occur currently under Windows.
    Last edited: January 16, 2015
    wondible likes this.
  12. theultimatepie

how you can deceiver that amazes me, i assume it flags up where the error is in the code when a crash is shared ?
    i know they are not 'random' but it can be viewed as random if it doesn't crash at the same point everytime(time of crash difference)
    if it crashes again i'll let you know
  13. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Moved to the support forum.
    SXX likes this.
  14. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Correct. Though as I now have access to see function names and lines of code I may guess what this code doing even without having code itself.

Yeah I understand that. Though most likely all your crashes still occur in few points in code.
  15. theultimatepie

after doing a fresh install of PA including removing from steam and re-installing the crash hasnt happened yet