UberLauncher.exe has stopped working

Discussion in 'Support!' started by rezender, May 4, 2014.

1. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

ok so i updated my graphics card and all that worked fine so i launched the launcher and it worked! so yay i press play go in to the game and start up a ai skermish battle and it works fine but when it started loading it would freeze and then well new problem it crashed and said this time PA.exe has stopped working plz help thank you for your help so far :( uuhhhhhhhh..........
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Hi, there are a number of bits of software that can interfere with PA and make it crash. As a test, please can you follow the instructions here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-gb

This will allow you to perform a 'clean boot' which temporarily disables all non Microsoft services (a bit like safe mode but less limited). Try running PA like that, if it works fine then we know for sure it's some software making it crash....
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

In addition to the possibility of software causing trouble, this crash could also be a memory related problem. You have a rather small amount of RAM (4GB), which means that you can only play on small systems. On top of that, your graphics cards has only 32 MB of dedicated memory, which means it will steal some of your RAM to compensate, leaving you with even less available memory. I think this put you just below the minimum system requirements for this game. The crash may simply have been the result of running out of memory when choosing a too large system for your AI Skirmish.

What may help though is to increase your virtual memory, which is also rather small in your case. Instructions on how to so so can be found here. Set it to something like 14GB or higher. Virtual memory is much much much slower than RAM though, so if PA starts touching the virtual memory, you may be in for a massive slowdown. A better solution would be to buy more RAM, but the other system specs aren't very good nowadays anymore either, so I am not sure if that would be worth it.
  4. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

i did what you said then i started up the game went into ai skermish and did a map with 1 planet and it loaded game started then 20 secs into the game boom PA.exe not working plz help and thank you :(
  5. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

help still need it!
  6. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

And you don't have any software installed from the list that cdrkf posted? And the "clean boot" didn't do anything either?

Also, could you post a new dxdiag.txt to see if the drivers were updated properly and such?
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General