I bring you: Hot platforms!

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by BallsonFire, December 28, 2014.

1. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

It looks like somebody built a space station around a star!
  2. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

I love this map.

edit:
    First FFA against players. I ended up annihilating all 3 players and was told that "this map is only for people who don't know how to play PA" and "all you do on this map is sit on your butt" haha. Anyways, here are some screen shots that I thought was pretty cool :D

Played on latest version of map

First major assault

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First and only attack on my base. Reminded me of the battle of Thermopylae (300) a little

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

again love the map. :D
    Last edited: January 13, 2015
  3. Jackbandanna

Jackbandanna Active Member

Managed to play a 2v2v2v2 on version 12 without crashing, may have been the latest PA update. Lobby number 11497769545718462837
    Last edited: January 14, 2015
  4. BallsonFire

BallsonFire Active Member

I also played a game yesterday after the patch with no crash on version 13 of the map. Maybe it is fixed I will play some more before updating the threat.

[edit]
    Did another game and still no crash I'm calling the latest build of the map stable now because of the patches Uber did.
    Last edited: January 14, 2015
  5. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Just tried a 2v2v2v2 on this, pretty sure it was an old version though (the once from the LoC tourney pack I think). Spawns were totally ****** in a fairly entertaining fashion. Everyone spawned randomly on bridges so we ended up with 2 teams on islands as it should be, 2 stuck in the middle glaring at eachother over walls and all of us fighting over the other 2 islands.

Fun game, but turned into a mega turtle fest, my team eventually won with unit cannon/nuke/teleporter combo. I didn't have any army near the teleporter so I just sent through 150 T1 fabbers and instability T2 factories in their base :p

Also some of our shellers fell off a bridge and became fearsome lava dwelling shellers.
  6. BallsonFire

if you get v13 of this map 2v2v2v2 with shared on should work with fixed spawns
  7. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Fun in theory but when I played it everybody turtled (except one guy), and I just bomber-sniped EVERYONE (starting with the guy who actually expanded). Probably much more fun with no air or more aggressive players.

Is 3 bomber snipes inside 7 or so minutes a new record?
  8. trialq

trialq Post Master General

I played a fun game on v12. I took out my two neighbours, then out of nowhere the last player unit cannon cheesed me behind triple walls. There was an issue with building on the central platform, some places that looked flat were not buildable.
  9. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Just had a game on your map with the latest build. And it was awesome, probably the most awesome we ever had, my teammate agrees. First time Anchors were really usefull. First time we really feared the enemies attacks. And first time that nukes felt REALLY awesome.
    Replay ID: 11609777492522720562

PA (3).jpg
    PA (1).jpg
    PA (2).jpg
    We really loved it. Thank you, @ballsonfire!
    Last edited: January 31, 2015
    Remy561 likes this.
  10. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I love hotplatforms on the new release. Just played a few test FFAs with 3 enemy (Relentless) AIs and it was tons of fun. You can either try to go big and fight for the middle, or turtle up a bit and send constant airdrops, picking away at the weakest player. Airdrops and cheap SSX really change this map a lot - orbital is super important by late game and the T2 units all feel great (except t2 air but meh). I want to make a water version.
  11. destravous

destravous Member

You can make a water version simply by copying the pas file and changing the terrain type in the file to tropical. Though it might also need some in editor tweeks to make the water more accessible from the platforms.
    philoscience likes this.
  12. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Can I add this to a community map pack?
    philoscience likes this.
  13. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I would be very grateful if someone would do this.
  14. BallsonFire

Sure
    reptarking likes this.
  15. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

I really like this map - however in the 2v2 game I played, my teammate and I spawned together (we had share army on) and our two opponents (share army off) spawned separately, leaving us at something of a disadvantage. I was expecting us to have the option of spawning together or on a separate platform each. Is the map designed more for a four player FFA? Just curious :)
  16. BallsonFire

this map is designed for 4 players ffa or 2v2 unshared armies or (2+)v(2+)v(2+)v(2+) shared armies if you go beyond 4 players you always need shared armies on for each team to spawn right. In other words there are 4 fixed spawns so you have to think about that when configure the teams (there can not be more than 4 teams) and if you should use shared armies or not. I always advise to put shared armies all on or off for each team to keep it fair.
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  17. zihuatanejo

That makes sense. I thought that as the case, just wanted to check. My friend and I play 2v2s and we always use share army, but a lot of randoms ask for it to be kept off. Thanks for clarifying, and thanks for the sweet map!
  18. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

You should be playing this map as a 2v2v2v2 Shared! It just results into HEAVY battles and these are just Ultra-Fun!
    BTW: I do also mostly play matches with a premate+ShareArmy. So if you wanna have a match at a specific date... :cool:
  19. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I play this map from time to time. Its not really my favorites but its nice from time to time. It can get kinda turtly from time to time though.

Still a really nice designed map! Good stuff
  20. zihuatanejo

Yeah I like it, I did an inferno drop at the back of someone's base recently and it worked like a charm, sniped the commander :) Gotta have AA at the back of your platform! Scouted him first and thought it was viable, pulled it off. I think I recorded it, actually. But I made a dumb mistake and died second and casted the rest of the game, lol:

Might as well pimp my channel: here's the video!