Basic features still missing(adjust build orders)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Bhaal, January 12, 2015.

1. Bhaal

Bhaal Active Member

There is still no way to move build orders or movement commands. Why is this basic supcom feature still missing?
    On a multi planet scale the most important thing is to plan your actions which is not possible yet. One misclick and the order is fucked up and you have to do it all over again.
    Remy561 likes this.
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

No body knows.

Question complete, no need for potential outrage.
    g0hstreaper likes this.
  3. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

It would sure be nice to be able to easily edit queued commands, yes!
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

is it realy so basic? because i only know it from supcom and no other rts game i played before ...
    same with factoryassist of trandports and ferrysystem
    squishypon3, Quitch and Bsport like this.
  5. Bhaal

Bhaal Active Member

At such a scale it should be a basic feature for rts games...

Next step is to say, its a small company with a small budget, so dont expect them to include features like this...
  6. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

your a bit of a bitch ain't you.

But to answer your question, yer it would be cool.
  7. Diaboy

Diaboy Active Member

I think another thing that this would aid with is knowing what is currently loaded in to a unit cannon - could potentially use the same interface. I know remembering 13 units isn't exactly a challenge but I always seem to forget what I am about to fire.
    Geers likes this.
  8. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

its a small indydevteam with limited budged .. you should expect things to take more time and priorities being different than you expect
    Last edited: January 12, 2015
    Swordsith likes this.
  9. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

Still baffles me people will complain about the smallest things. I've never had a problem with the questions commands
    Deletive and sigmud2 like this.
  10. Bhaal

Bhaal Active Member

The smallest things? The game was advertised with advanced control features from the beginning. And beeing able to move/remove your planned buildings and move/attack commands around was one of the most important features from supcom.

I know some people accept everything they get, the game would be playable without many features that are already included.

But with the knowledge and experience from former games like supcom and ta the devs should have included it already.
  11. sigmud2

sigmud2 Member

Have you thought of the possibilities that they a) don't have the time to do it or b) don't have the money to employ to do such a thing or c) don't have the time or money or large enough group to easily code such a thing?
  12. mgmetal13

mgmetal13 Active Member

You know that if you hold down ctrl when clicking on a build icon it moves the unit to the front of the build que right? That is really all you need for this game.
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It's certainly a feature that is really needed and that would tremendously improve many things.
    I think the 2 most useful UI features I am personally missing are:
    - better control over build queues, as you describe
    - better control over idle fabbers, idle factories and idle commanders.
    Both should just be copied from FA in how they work.

I think the idle part would be in fact more important than the queue-control stuff. I think the idle part I used in every single game I played in FA. The queue control... not so much. Good to fix a ****ed up long queue, but I don't **** up queues that often. Still the feature is obviously very very nice to have in the moment that happens.

I disagree that they should've just "already included" these features. There are many things to implement and it turned out that other things got implemented first. Yes neither you nor me fully agree on the set priorities. But it's kinda hard to set priorities in a way that everyone will agree and we could discuss forever which thing should be implemented first so Uber in the end just has to decide whatever they deem best and live with a bazillion people telling them how wrong they are, no matter what they decide on.

That being said I sure want those features and in an arrogant moment I would claim they are not that hard to implement as well. Or should not be that hard to implement at least. So they should have a pretty good return for the invested worktime.
    Bhaal, Remy561 and xankar like this.
  14. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

Well first please this is Planetary Annihilation not Supcom so while it may tip it's fedora at it's predecessor this game is not it so don't expect a copy paste.
    Second, I agree occasionally I do mis-click when I am putting down a bit of production but usually I am careful enough to not have to constantly redo it.
    Thirdly, please we're all friends here no need to swear I know it can be frustrating when something goes wrong but this is still a very young game so add-ons take time. :)
    Dont worry, be happy <3
    sigmud2 likes this.
  15. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Like, so many features of PA are essentially still just hacked in features that aren't properly implemented.

Things like this are really more like a quality of life improvement.

Nice, but, there's a hole in the roof dude.