B8factor and Gameg1rl Commentated Replays

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by b8factor, January 7, 2015.

1. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

I thought it may be good to put all out videos under the same POST.

The 3rd Video: "SillyShenanigans and Solid Play"
  2. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

While I did had some solid play I definately think you were the better player in this game. Seeing those units streaming in and not doing any damage was fun to watch and you had some excellent defensive strategy's. I mean you were being harasses hard from like three sides and you stopped it pretty much all. I think the shellers really did the trick in this game.

You can see my air moving in and I actually wanted to snipe you're commander too but funglue was ahead of me with that idea. Too bad the game was lagging so hard.

I think my best game was after this one. I really felt like steamrolling that one. Also because of your tip with the unit cannon.

You really had an excellent play in this match. Definately better then mine in my opinion. Well done with the casting again btw. The use of that drawing program works pretty sweet btw!.

Oh yeah I can have a lot of patience from time to time :p
  3. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

I was pretty proud of that defense. I fended off over 1000 units (including yours) in the span of a minute with only 3 PD (ironically not a single PD shot was fired! LOL) and an army of 300( teehee “300”)! Mines really are undervalued in situations like this…. I wish you could lay them in square and rectangle formations instead of circles, as silly as it sounds, I think they would be used more if you could, aesthetics are important to base builders.

Thanks for the compliments on casting, I really do need a better MIC or a voice transplant, LOL. I am not as nearly as smooth as those British guys! I am just getting use to my overlay drawing app. I actually use it “On the fly” in both LIVE games and REPLAYS. I am a software developer and was going to develop one to use in casting that works intuitively off of hot keys, but a little research uncovered another app that does that very thing! No reason to reinvent the wheel, right?

It is not as professional looking as post processing adlibs but the fact I can do it on the fly in the original recording saves a tremendous amount of time in getting a video to market! Or more importantly, lets me spend more time PLAYING!

I do think you were wrong about me playing better… --more entertaining to watch maybe, but your play was better in almost every category. I just ended up being the focal point of Annihilation before I got to flex my defensive muscle. I didn't even get a chance to get my nuke off. If everyone had been attacking you, it would have been the same thing but from your perspective. HAHA

I thought I was prepared for an air snipe with my flack placement but my commander was out of place and corned in.

At least the lag was only toward the end… all those battles were before the FREEZE came.

PS. My favorite quote from that game which happened to be after the game where you attacked gameg1rl right at the get-go, and she retaliated by killing you within minutes. :)
    (paraphrasing here)
    Orange: "Pink, black's metal is closer."
    Alpha: "I am afraid of black."
    Orange: "You're afraid of a player with only 5 metal when you have half the map?"
    Alpha: "Yes."
    Alpha: "Yes, I am."

-B8
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  4. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

#5 Gile Pelican Drop
    LIVE Play match with some interesting Gil E Pelican Drops. Quick match if you are looking for a fast view!
    theiban and Alpha2546 like this.
  5. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

Planetary Annihilation #6 The Battle of the Five Armies Replay Commentated
    A very active match with some notable players, this is a MUST see if you enjoy seeing mechs turned to metal, there is no shortage or carnage in this match!
  6. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

That was indeed a very entertaining match hehe! I'm surprised that you took out @KillerKiwiJuice out so fast and efficiënt. I'd expected some really aggresive dox blobs coming towards you or some micro on those sniper bots.

I think one of the key players that could have made a big difference was @corgiarmy . I think he went too greedy trying to take on you and @masterofroflness. If he had that whole army going as one big blob he probably would have annihilated you. Fortunately for you he splitted his force and eventually went afk and wasn't attacking you anymore late game hehe :) .

I really feel sorry for masterofroflness haha. As soon as he wanted to attack someone he got attacked by corgi the pink player or you. Then again he was kinda in the middle between all of the bases.

Also I was surprised that you harassed so many players in the middle of the game. The gille + pelican drop works pretty good indeed but I think it also makes you a greedy player. You're gonna try it on a player and if it fails you'll going to try it on another player which makes you pissing off a lot of players. In this game I think you got lucky since everyone was harassing everyone but I definately wouldn't be surprised if you'll get targeted by more people just because of that tactic next time. I would have made you the biggest threat if you tried to pull that off on me because I know that you're going to exploit 'that moment' when I'm the most vulnerable with a gille pelican drop. You can already see that in this game haha (poor orange).

Edit
    Also I can't wait for the day that gamegirl will insta switch to a really aggressive play or going for a huuuuge t2 land army mixed in with some spinners. I really hope that I avoid playing her that day cause I would never suspect that haha. :D
    Last edited: January 11, 2015
    gameg1rl and b8factor like this.
  7. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Well, it was an FFA and I had not as much metal around me (basically had 5 mex). I really think those planets could use some more and/or more balanced metal.
    b8factor likes this.
  8. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

I could not agree more all all points. When re-watching with the wife I had noted that in mid game I attacked everyone at least once that was left in the game. Truth be told, I have been experimenting with pelicans and just wanted to see what I could do with them. I had some success and some failures. I think they show promise.

I was a bit surprised that Kiwi did not micro his Gil E, but strange things happen in the heat of the moment all the time.

Re-watching again, Master certainly did get hit a lot, I would say only slighting more than myself as I kept loosing expansions to both Pink and Yellow... multiple times, oh yeah and to Master after we had a peace pack, GGGrrr!. Orange did a bit of damage to my army as well. I was wondering why Master chose to attack 1 player with 2 nukes and a 500+ army? That was excessive, lol, though it did work, the 2nd nuke would have been more useful elsewhere, IMO. At the same time it also kept him locked down while others expanded and secured better econ. Guess I will have to wait and see if he posts that match and see it from his eyes?

Corigy could have put the hammer down on me if he had come with his whole force, such is a FFA. He may have had to go AFK and decided to send his army in two half's at two players and then go AFK? I will chat with him later when he is on and see what was going through his mind.
    gameg1rl and killerkiwijuice like this.
  9. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

@KillerKiwiJuice I agree, though I have had a plethora of games on that system, most times it is Hunger Games for Mex's! I believe I am retiring it and replacing with a similar system with approximately 20 more Mex and a barren moon to add some more options for game play.

Sorry about your luck mate, really am. I love watching you in replays, you are a masterful player!
    Last edited: January 11, 2015
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  10. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

Planetary Annihilation #7 Saved by Holkins Live Rec.

Poor PAG_KISEL played a 3v1 in this FFA. B8factor's Holkins was just enough tipping point to allow him to retain his base and rebuild!

theiban and Alpha2546 like this.
  11. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

Here is the Commentated replay for that same match:
    theiban, gameg1rl and Alpha2546 like this.
  12. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

I have tired to mimic strategies from B8, Kiwi, and Master since I started playing PA so being in a game with all three was very exciting. I look up to all three players and they are some of the best players I have played against and with. Why did I attacked both B8 and Master at the sametime? I knew I was going AFK and I didn't want to take out either player. I knew they were going to have a very (very) interest match and I wanted to see it later. Its a shame I had to leave. I was in the best spot of any of the players. B8 and Master were fighting and Mikey wasn't interested in attacking me (I guess he is a Warlord). I had brown, Kiwi and gamegirls base at my fingertips and no serious risk of an all-out conflict by taking them over. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be.
    Last edited: January 12, 2015
    gameg1rl and b8factor like this.
  13. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

I agree mate, you were in PRIME(too bad he wasn't in this game too right?) postion to win this one!
    @corgiarmy , Your game has skyrocket since we first started playing a while back! You have steam rolled me plenty of times… hehe.
    I would have loved to see the outcome if you could have stayed. Looking at the replay at face value, and were everyone was in the map, I think you should have taken me out first becuase my base location's strategic position away from
    @masterofroflness . It would give you more protection for your MEX than his base. Masteroflness could take out pink( @mikeyh ), and it would have been you two going toe to toe, outcome to be determined by two things…
    First: who took worse losses taking down their respective opponent?
    Two: who played better from that point( with both expanding and attacking)?

I would have paid to see that match!

On a side note, and you probably know this since you play with me often, I get tired of the same old strategy game after game so I often try to spice op things by experimenting. Sometimes it works often time it fails, but MOST the time it is entertaining to watch! In this game I wanted to see what I could do with small mobile forces.

On another note I hope @masterofroflness posts his replay, I do want to see his in game perspective!
    gameg1rl likes this.
  14. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

Thanks, I have had a lot of learning experiences playing on this map which hopefully made me into a better player. And I would not have attacked you, if I could have stayed. I would have claimed gamegirl's and Kiwi's bases then sat there and watch the fireworks with space and advanced radar. With three proxy bases protecting me from you and Master there would have been no reason for me to expand into your three way war (even tho it did look like a lot of fun).

I am glad Prime and some other players (battlebear comes to mind) were not in this game. The lag would have been much worse and I would have died quickly.

I also hope to see the game from Master's perspective.
    Alpha2546 and b8factor like this.
  15. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

HAHA, watching the fireworks huh… that is awesome!

@battlebearx , I have confronted him a few times in my FFA’s with less than favorable results. The last game he was in though, he and I wared for so long that the only other surviving player, some generic cicada player (white) in a base with only 5 mex, awoke to snipe us both with a swarm of bombers! Such a sad ending for two warriors!

Yea what is it with Prime.? Every late game he is in with me the server lags to a crawl? He is a Russian player… must be something with the distance? That boy can churn out some units though! Never seen soo many ants so fast! I love it when I catch him off guard, is Russian quips are awesome!

I hope you have time for some games this week, people are starting to be afraid of picking yellow because every time I see it on the field I REKK their army, their base, and they commander thinking it is you out of conditioning!

B8
    gameg1rl and Corgiarmy like this.
  16. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

Planetary Annihilation #8 Trading Bases and Attila the Hun Replay Commentated
    Reverting back to an old build order of mine and massing units all over the map!

theiban likes this.
  17. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

Game is going up later right now I`m playing Grey Goo and stuff. You would not believe how long it took to render 2 hours worth of gameplay
    b8factor likes this.
  18. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

Awesome man, I love your videos! I have tried to record a few live and it is quite hard! Filling dead air or making a boring situation interesting is a talent!

I know what you mean about
    The render. Done it several times
    Myself. I was using PowerDirector and got fed up with the product so i bought a membership to Adobe Pro. So, SO, much nicer.

B8factor.
  19. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

God damn I remember Power Director it`s such a crappy program. Thanks man! I enjoy and hate versing off against you. Nothing personal but if you strapped me to a chair and told me to play an air only game in Pa I would kill you.
    gameg1rl likes this.
  20. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

I know what you mean. You caught me on a day i had been experimenting with pelicans. Ha.

they can be annoying to be sure. ;)

If you get a chance watch my video on that game, see you were notthe only player i was buzzing around. I poked everyone! Not too smart as Alpha said, but entertaining. Hehe.