Qustion about landing Zones

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by nuketf, January 11, 2015.

1. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

how do you link them to team? im trying to make a Planet like no other! AKA 4 vs 1 AI that haves max income and 20 metal spots they sends units at the players so the players have to build Turrets to defend caues if the units get to the end they will go up the ramps and kill everyone so....how do i link landing spots? i just tested the map and the AI spawned om the defenders area :p
    warrenkc likes this.
  2. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

how do i have them not be randome?
    warrenkc likes this.
  3. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

I totally want the answer to your question too. It appears to be completely random :( FAIL.
  4. goofyz3

goofyz3 Active Member

Yeah thats a fail.
  5. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Yeah, what is the point of having specified random zones?
  6. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

i do not want the landing zones to be random i want them to always have "the AI player spawns here and the players spawn down here" always
  7. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

8. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

is there any way to do this? i want to try to remake some SC:BW defense maps for PA! thoes maps where extremly fun! like Tree defense, mini town Defense, and [insert name here] last defense!
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

If you are on making tower defences you will need modified server script anyway. In that case you can modify landing.js to spawn the commander directly and skip the landing zone stuff altogether. I am working on something that may be helpful for that kind of thing.
  10. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

why would i need a modded server? you win when the 2nt planet crashes into yours :p and when will it be compleat? and what is it?
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I dunno exactly what you mean by "defence" maps, but I was thinking of tower defenses and those have a vastly modified gameplay. Can't do that without server side scripting.
    What my something is will be shown once it has something to show that is not just code.
  12. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

this is the defense map i created (would be done if the spawns where not random)

5 landing zones 1 is has 20+ metal spots the other 4 have only 2 the player with 20 haves to kill the commanders to win but they are up on ramps so the units have to drive down the lain then go up the ramp to attack if the commanders surive by the time the 2nt planet smashes into the planet they are all on the 4 commanders win

also just got an nather idea same spawn set up but the 4 commanders get 0 metal and have to run to get to the end of the map layout then build the army and try to win