I bring you: Hot platforms!

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by BallsonFire, December 28, 2014.

1. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Love this map, played it all weekend. Make more!
    cptconundrum likes this.
  2. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

Without clear descriptions and/or repro steps it can be very difficult to fix bugs. If you know of any specific bugs or crashes please let me know.
  3. BallsonFire

BallsonFire Active Member

I made a thread about this: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/frustrating-bugs-in-the-system-designer-buid-76557.66808/
  4. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

5. BallsonFire

Thank you, I will make a new map again as soon as the system designer is improved. I have a lot of ideas but not enough time. You can also play Fields of Isis that I made before Hot platforms
  6. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

Lol Lava Highground, that was one of my favorite maps. My dad, brother and I agreed that we would have no coms in the middle, but my dad didn't understand and while I'm expanding at the beginning of the game, I hear that com laser... I yell and tell my dad and he's like "I didn't know that's the middle"

anyway, remaking this map in PA (intentionally or not) was a really good idea. I really thank you a lot for it.
  7. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

can you provide a PA stats replay of this? I just finished a big game and don't fell like playing.
  8. Jackbandanna

Jackbandanna Active Member

Nice little advertisement. Noticeably more people downloaded V12.
    Last edited: January 9, 2015
  9. BallsonFire

I did an update on the map latest version now is 13
    • version 13 is supporting 4 teams shared army fixed spawns and the setting: player chooses spawn on planet (this was not working in previous versions but I manually edited the map file. ) more than 4 player (2v2) unshared army's will cause random spawns on the map.
    • I reduced metal on each spawn platform by -3 mexes and added one extra on each the bridge near the center
    Please let me know how the metal balance is and if players are going for the center platform or sit still and turtle.
    Last edited: January 9, 2015
  10. Jackbandanna

Had version 13 crash but version 9 is still stable.
  11. BallsonFire

I'm hoping the server crashes will be fixed in the upcoming updates. I already rebuilded the map from version 9 (stable) and I still got server crashes and only with 4 real players not with AI, I'm not sure what is causing it.
  12. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Crap, I thought this was fixed. I'll have to pull this from the map pack for today's tournament. :(
  13. BallsonFire

Just use version 9, also with version 12 I never heard complaining about crashes but I had some server crashes on it.
  14. cptconundrum

ok, I will. I expect 3v3 shared armies will mean each team gets three commanders starting on the same platform. Is that correct? In LoC there are some commanders that will do well pushing down the middle and others that will be able to fly over the lava and start bases on the other platforms, so I really hope it works this way.
  15. BallsonFire

If you want shared armys 3v3 to work in version 9 you have to adjust "landingZonesPerArmy": 0, to "landingZonesPerArmy": 1, otherwise spawning with more than 4 players is not working. I adjusted that in version 13. If you set that in the .pas file spawning should work fine for 3v3 share armies version 9.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  16. cptconundrum

I set landing zones per army to 1 and removed the second and third manually placed landing zones. That should work, right?
  17. BallsonFire

You only have to set landing zones per army for it to work. after that each team 3vs3 would get 2 landing zones to choose from. In case you want it fixed 3vs3 with one option for each team you have the right configuration. But you should also test it to be sure.
  18. cptconundrum

Yeah I want 3v3 with one landing zone each. This is because the mod will force them to make hard decisions as to whether they go for commanders good at pushing down the middle or commanders that can quickly fly to empty platforms.

I got it working in 1v1 with the changes I made, so I think that's probably going to be the same as 3v3 shared. I haven't changed anything else, but I renamed the map to "Hot platforms - LoC Edition" for this tournament's map pack. I did of course add map metadata naming you as the creator.
  19. madgead01

madgead01 New Member

how do I import the map to PA?
  20. Jackbandanna

Open PA, go to System Designer, then click import. Just find the file on your disk.