PA is 80% off on steam yet again

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by stonewood1612, January 8, 2015.

1. SXX

SXX Post Master General

It's extremely easy to register new accounts on Steam and most of such guys not only "active" on PA forums so with many bans in past they have plenty of already registered accounts. I'm find it's easier to forums more or less clean when there no tons of zero level accounts spamming around.

If you see some offensive posts just press report button and they'll be removed. :)
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

you da man SXX!!!!
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I think when you mention planets like an hourglass you might want to link where to get that. It's not exactly easy for a random person to make such a planet.
  4. ufarax

ufarax Active Member

To all those who are sad and or angry, about the steam reviews, and the review process…put on your big boy/girl pants, and deal with it.
    nawrot likes this.
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Say, by discussing it? Calmly? Like they're doing?
    xankar and Obscillesk like this.
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Pretty sure Steam will eventually adopt system of Google Play (and probably AppStore?) where reviews of old versions become less relevant over time. This will be not only useful for PA, but even for AAA games that being bashed on startup for whatever reason.

For example I'm not really fan of usual AAA games and especially one from Ubisoft, but let's say fair there no point in tons of negative reviews on Assassin’s Creed: Unity right on front page where half of them talking about bugs that being fixed like more than months ago. Almost none of negatives reviews you see as "helpful" are represent anything about gameplay.

And even when you go through reviews it's hard to find out why exactly gameplay good or bad as 60% of every second review it's just same tale about funny or game breaking bugs. I'm sure it's not the way Valve want their review system to work as it's useless for both players and publishers/developers.
    stonewood1612, drz1, Geers and 3 others like this.
  7. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

You have no power here, demon!
  8. Quitch

Good suggestion, done.
  9. ndm250

ndm250 New Member

oh good more noobs...

As if finding good players to play with wasn't hard enough
    warrenkc likes this.
  10. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

beat more people and get in a higher rank. problem solved
    wilhelmvx, Quitch and reptarking like this.
  11. ufarax

ufarax Active Member

The system is fine, as is. You are upset because they’re flaming your favorite game. As it stands now, the prospective buyer can choose positive, negative, helpful, and recent. Power to the players!!!
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

No matter what game is rated I can't see the point of having outdated reviews be listed as the best ones.
    If I am interested into reviews to decide if a game is good for me or not I'd like them to be about the version of the game I am about to potentially buy. That works in both directions btw. Maybe there was a feature in some old version that got removed, I read a positive review about that feature, buy the game for that feature and have to realize the feature isn't there anymore.
    warrenkc, proeleert, SXX and 3 others like this.
  13. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Exactly. At least 5 of the "Most helpful" reviews complain about a lack of an offline mode.
    warrenkc, Geers and xankar like this.
  14. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Good example as there is tons of Free2Play games or just games with microtransactions that become worse over time.
    xankar likes this.
  15. allister

allister Active Member

Mad respect to SXX and the others that moderate those steam forums **** hives.
  16. ndm250

ndm250 New Member

I was talking about custom matches.
  17. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I think they should just wipe ALL the reviews and go from there. Literally every single negative review on that page is so outdated that they're completely wrong.
    lokiCML and warrenkc like this.
  18. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

Oh look I got a $20 steam give card now I can bu- *Uber takes my $20 gift card to steam*.....Oh look more PA keys!
  19. Quitch

Oh noes, a larger player base!!
    ic3d3emon and optimi like this.
  20. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Yep! As problems go, that's not a bad one to have ;)