UberLauncher.exe has stopped working

Discussion in 'Support!' started by rezender, May 4, 2014.

1. sch117

sch117 New Member

Hello,

I am also experiencing "uberlauncher.has stopped working".
    I attached my DxDiag.txt.
    I tried to update my graphics, sound and directx stuff. also used windows updater.

Please help!
    THX
    C

EDIT: I found a solution. I had a hard time updating my HD4870 drivers. But updating them helped.
    Last edited: September 6, 2014
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  2. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

I have the same prob uber launcher.exe has stopped working trying every thing plz help! i run windows 8.1

PA help.png :( :( :( :(
  3. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

Please try these..

installing this version of direct x
    DirectX (June 2010): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

and this version of visual c++
    Visual C++ 2012: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

You may also need to update your graphics drivers too..
    Can you upload a copy of your dxdiag.txt, it will help me and other forum members with assisting you further.

You will need to make 5 or more post's to be able to upload a file, it's a spam protection feature of the forum, new members need to meet a minimum quota of posts before uploading is enabled.
  4. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

here it is thank you for helpin me :)

Attached Files:

maxpowerz likes this.
  5. maxpowerz

Hmmmn,

This maybe difficult, you have enough ram but i don't think a "Celeron" processor will be able to run this game.
    Even if you update your drivers your cpu and onboard graphics aren't fast enough to run the game, you would get less than 10fps even on the lowest settings.

Anyway the big problem i see is your intel driver for your cpu and integrated graphic's are from 10/1/2013.
    You will need to update it to the newest version available for your Graphic's card.
  6. maxpowerz

Last edited: January 2, 2015
  7. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

thank you going to try that but by the way it worked fine before
  8. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

ok i went to the link installed the intell driver update utility but when i went to update what you said to update it said this {
    • A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel® Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

• You are unable to install the Intel® Graphics Driver downloaded from the Intel Web site and encounter one of the following error messages:
      • Error: The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer’s manufacturer. Setup will exit.
      • Error: This driver could not be installed on this computer. Please contact the computer's manufacturer for further information
  9. sch117

sch117 New Member

Hi there,
    my Radeon 4870 graphic card was the problem. Though it is supported as said in the game specifications, the latest driver for this model released from AMD is from 2013. Switching to a Radeon 6950 with fresh drivers solved the problem for me.
    Greetings
  10. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

Hi and still need help cant figure out how to update my drivers just need the game to work just to say this if it helps i run windows 8 and the game worked fine before this happened so plz help me :(
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

If you look on the Intel website for your driver manually, you should be able to find a '.zip' version of the driver.

Download that and unpack it somewhere easy to find (e.g. on the desktop).

Go into control panel -> Device manager.

Find your graphics card (listed under 'Display Adaptors' I think), right click it and choose 'update driver'.

In there you need to use the 'I want to choose the driver to install' option, then point it at the one you downloaded direct from Intel.

This usually gets around the 'not validated for your computer' rubbish you often get on laptops :)
  12. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

thank you so much but how do i find out what my driver is
  13. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

14. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

cdrkf likes this.
  15. cdrkf

DeathByDenim likes this.
  16. cdrkf

DeathByDenim likes this.
  17. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

i downloaded the driver and went to the control panel and every thing but when i tried to update the driver it said this {windows has determined the driver software for your device it up to date.} plz help :(
  18. natedog5476

natedog5476 New Member

should i run the setup.exe for the driver i downloaded? plz help :(
  19. cdrkf

There is an option in device manger to manually install the driver... You must have selected the auto update option... I'll double check the steps and get back to you...
  20. cdrkf

Ok I just checked this on my machine... how to get to the menu you need:

1: Open Control panel

2: Open Device Manager

3: Go to "Display Adapters"

4: Right click on your graphics card and choose "properties"

5: Go to the 'Driver' tab

6: Click "Update Driver" in here. This will bring up a menu rather than auto searching

7: Choose the option "Browse my computer for driver software"

8: First thing to try- in the box "search for driver software in this location:" click "browse..." and point it at the folder with the downloaded driver (make sure you've unzipped it first!). Click 'Next' and hopefully it will identify the driver and install it.

If that doesn't work you can also try: Repeat steps 1 - 7, then in the "browse my computer for driver software" window, select the '"let me pick front a lost of device drivers on my computer".

That will bring up a new window- in there there is an option called 'Have Disk'... click that and browse to the folder with the downloaded driver. You'll need to look through the folders for the driver until you find the correct file, when you open it you'll have a list of options, your graphics card is an Intel HD 2500 series so select that option.
    DeathByDenim likes this.