Frustrating bugs in the system designer (buid 76557)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by BallsonFire, December 27, 2014.

1. BallsonFire

BallsonFire Active Member

Bugs that keep me from building awesome custom planets like I did before: fields of Isis.
    I experianced all of these bugs while building this map: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/i-bring-you-hot-platforms.66831/
    • Option: Save in my planets does not work!
    • There's is no way to delete saved planet templates.
    • Changing CSG biom types while having one selected leaves one undeleteble CSG item behind (in mirrord mode). The CSG item cannot be edited either.
    • I worked on a system for 2 hours for nothing cause the everything was saved except the CSG!! I saved it before than it was okay later I edited the same system again and saved it and it was all gone! Frustrating.
    • Metal spots that are placed are not always saved.
    • Removing spawn points are not always working and if it is not working there is no way to remove them.
    • Setting fore example 4 fixed spawn points wont work with 4 teams. the spawn points don't show up at all. when starting the game (4 spawns - 4 teams) there are no spawn points. In other words you have to make a spawn point for every player instead of per team. otherwise there are no spawn points at all when the game starts?!
    • Weird server crashes I'm having on the map I build: hot platforms (4 real players). @jables somebody should take a look at this cause I'm not building anymore custom maps because of the bug that is causing instability. also see thread: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/i-bring-you-hot-platforms.66831/ about this bug.
    Last edited: January 7, 2015
  2. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

cdrkf likes this.
  3. BallsonFire

I did that a couple of times but did not felt like it had any effect. I also get yelled at because of duplicate bug reports while I searched for it and did not find it. But feel free to add them there
  4. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

Please link all individual bug reports you made here so one of the PA Tracker mods can fast-track them if need be. Its good to shout out, but eventually all bugs get a turn.
  5. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Yeah the devs mostly respond on the forums, so I understand why the bugtracker feels useless ;)
  6. xerdkv

xerdkv New Member

Once you go to "Advanced edit" , how can you edit metal ammount , landing points etc?
    Also, How can you move landing points manually?

EDIT: Just saw the "hidden shortcuts" in the settings menu for add/remove metal/landing site.
    Will try that :)
    Last edited: December 28, 2014
  7. xerdkv

xerdkv New Member

Yea, Planet doesn't save at some point if you play with it alot..
    It's like rolling back to the basic mode's default rendering.
  8. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

I've also lost hours of planet editing time because complicated planets CSG doesn't save.
    It's frustrating.
    warrenkc and BallsonFire like this.
  9. BallsonFire

After last time it happen to me I started exporting the system between every big change or every 5-10 minutes. But you should not need to do that. Maybe it would also be nice when you change the system name it makes a new save and not overwriting the existing one.
    eroticburrito likes this.
  10. BallsonFire

@jables @sorian Could somebody take a look on the weird server crashes I'm having on the custom map: Hot platforms. I think one of the CSG Items is causing it. All players on that map are having server disconnected problems. You can download the map from here: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/i-bring-you-hot-platforms.66831/ get version 12 or 10

I would love to make more unique custom maps in the style of the TA and SupCom but the current system designer and it's bugs are holding me back from spending more hours on it.
    Last edited: January 4, 2015
  11. xerdkv

xerdkv New Member

I've been playing Hot platforms several times with no disconnection problems, Last time I've played there was a PA lag that caused some weird behavior on the map but I'm not sure it's connected.

There is a slight problem in the middle of the map when you added several CSG platform to be one big platform where ground units "confused", Otherwise it works great.

Realy big fan of your work!, Please keep doing this kind of maps!!
  12. xerdkv

xerdkv New Member

I want to do my own map designs but with the current system designer I can't get it working, It's good that you do :)
  13. BallsonFire

It all depends on what version of the map you are playing on. all versions past version 9 always have a server crash when playing with 4 real players within 15-20 minutes in the game.
  14. xerdkv

xerdkv New Member

Then i guess i've been playing version 9 when my friend hosted.
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Did you try to pin down the difference between the versions that breaks it?
  16. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Also, in symetric mode. Setting CSG to pathable only sets it for 1. So without editing the file manually it is very difficult to get things to work.
  17. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

I checked in a fix for the one known nav related server crash a few days ago. No idea when the next patch will go out, but hopefully it will fix your issue.
    Remy561 likes this.
  18. BallsonFire

Great, I'm not sure if it is nav related do. It seems like I get a consistent server crash every 20-30 minutes on this map. The server crashes started when I added some extra CSG (Metal planet Biom type) items. To me it almost looks like a memory leak.

I still hope this fixes the issue on this map. If not I hope you could download it, test it with 4 real players and check the server log when it crashes. Thank you for the reply :D
  19. BallsonFire

Yes it seems like it has something to do with the extra CSG items I added to the map to prevent pathing issues. It is on the sides where the bridges and the platforms connect on both ends.
  20. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

if it is a memory leak you could test on a local game to check for that on the server side.