'Smurfing' on the ladder... very un sporting!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cdrkf, December 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

I mean how hilarious would it be if I ended up having to smurf myself because of my insistence on ideologically combating smurfing?
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

How about some much needed comic relief?

3. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Please do,

I personally couldn't really give a dahm and would actually find that really quite amusing. What would make it more satisfying is knowing you paid $80 trying and failing to make a stupid point.
  4. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

If the things you write on other sites or your past behavior both online and off were being considered here, you would have been banned from everything a long time ago. The fact that you haven't been should show you that this forum's rules apply to behavior on this forum and not beyond it.
  5. cptconundrum

The previous (most likely deleted) post brings up a question I've been really curious about. @icycalm is the FBI still looking for you? I know it was 2001 but to my knowledge there is no statute of limitations once you become a fugitive.
  6. trialq

trialq Post Master General

@philoscience
    Small world, I used to frequent the shmup site. No idea what my username was now.
  7. icycalm

This has always been a weird way to go about things for me. I still don't understand it. People have even tried to use it as an argument in my forum. "But we are only calling you an ***hole on another forum, not in yours! Why are you banning us from here?" And so what? Why would I ever want to hold discussions in my forum with people who consider me an ***hole? I don't do that outside the internet, so why I should I do that on it? And that's why I've been trying to quit posting here for ages. When the opposing viewpoints are so entrenched (I mean mine vs. the forum's, not cdrkf's versus the smurfs'), nothing can come out of discussion. People write manifestos, and the ideological war continues.

I think your way of doing things comes from a generation of people raised on the internet, who don't understand how communication between people takes place in real life. And here I go insulting you again, and half of the people posting here, even though I am not trying to do that on purpose. It merely is what I really think of you guys. So can I please either be banned or the last few posts be spun off into another thread or something, because we are now clearly derailing this one?
  8. cptconundrum

I never said it was my way of doing things. Uber and the moderators make decisions on bans like that.

As to the derail, that happened a long time ago in this thread and it's only a matter of time before it gets locked and half these posts deleted. This won't become a new thread because there is no chance of it leading to anything productive, and you're unlikely to be banned because it hasn't happened yet.

*Edit*
    I do hope these posts don't get deleted. Most of us have learned a lot through quick google searches and it would be disappointing if people in future communities you visit didn't have the full record to look at.
  9. icycalm

http://culture.vg/forum/topic?f=13&t=2618

This is a 15-page thread full of thousands of links that discuss me and my site. If someone can get through the FULL record, they have a real problem.

Edit: As for your other question, PM me if you are really interested in it.
  10. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I always find it disturbing when someone dodges the evidence of insanity.

I'm a little bit beyond disturbed now.

I'm actually hiding in my closet now.

Come find me next Easter.
    Cat, pls halp. Need snuggle.
  11. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

So I know allot of people are heated here and I'm glad I cool down on the forums from this. I think I'm on a few peoples stream fully flaming in the last two days and in brn's vox I blew up. Also I might start a support group for all us mental gamers. We will be known as a**holes without knowledge
    mered4 likes this.
  12. orangerinapay

orangerinapay Active Member

This thread has been on fire a few pages back, but I think this page just went over the top and should be closed already. Thanks in advance.

(It was an amazing read though!)
    reptarking likes this.
  13. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

This thread is like a book. With conflicts, characters, some backgrounds. And this last page or two is the climax.
  14. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Post was deleted. Links where not hard to find though - I consider my service to the community completed.
    stuart98, elodea, mered4 and 2 others like this.
  15. orangerinapay

orangerinapay Active Member

As much as revealing how icycalm acts on his own site, that was quite the personal attack you did and thankfully it was deleted.
  16. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Eep... I read through those and.. wow...

I mean I knew Icy could get heated, but we all get to that point one way or another... But all that was insane.

I mean the criminal past, the ideology of being above everyone- I knew he could be pretty narcissistic, but wow.
  17. icycalm

Since we are off-topic already I'll say that, if I don't get banned (despite me asking to lol, which I've never done before!) this will be the first large online community that hasn't expelled me. Which ties neatly into my theory that the kind of people who like the most complex games are the best kinds of people. Still not good enough for my tastes! But the best nonetheless.
  18. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

It's actually a fairly well-known set of information that (tbh) we should all be privy to. If someone has and continues to be that ridiculous in both their personal and social lives, people need to know about it when they run into him to fully understand where he's coming from. I wouldn't call it a personal attack, per-se, more a community service.

So if Gandalf decided to become a priest, I'd have to start telling people so they wouldn't get confused if he asked to pray for them.
  19. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Not only his own site, but the myriad other gaming communities he's been banned from. And I think it was fairly called for considering the verbal abuse he's been dishing out across these forums. Much of which he smugly veils as backhanded 'compliments'. Deleted or not the post served it's purpose - revealing the vitriol this guy brings with him, and hopefully warning away would-be scam victims from his 'clan'.
    Last edited: January 2, 2015
  20. icycalm

You could have just told them to google my username. Your link is the second result or something. And if I am permitted to counterpose a link of my own to that, I'd use this one:

http://culture.vg/praise-for-insomnia.html

Anyway. I am interested to see how much attention Uber will direct towards the problems brought up here, and whether the next few updates will focus on competitive play or the general mechanics. They seem to be keeping a nice balance between the two so far, so hopefully this will continue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.